SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

raufiq

Portal Member
May 10, 2009
UAE
Home Country
Pakistan Pakistan
Hi HOBORG

I have installed SAF 4.00RC1 and i am running MP 1.0.2.0. i followed the procedure you mentioned. now i am able to run some onf the MKV files but some of them doesn't run at all. MP just flashes and come back to the movie list. i tried to run in MPC-HC and it doesn't run too. only software that can run these movies is the VLC player. even windows media player can not run them. can you please kindly help to solve it and let me know what information you need to check?

thanks

madmat17

Portal Pro
August 4, 2005
Austria
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi hoborg,

That is correct, ffdshow have disabled AC3/DTC, AC3 filter is in use instead.

You mean passthrough not working ? You can see diference in AC3 filter setting enable/disable passthrough + various settings.

Your support is highly appreciated - thanks! I will let them know.

Well - I'm not sure, if it's the passthrough, which isn't working. But it has been reported, that the AC3 related "behavior" doesn't differ between those setting. I'd need to digg deeper into that.

Cheers,
Mat

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi HOBORG

I have installed SAF 4.00RC1 and i am running MP 1.0.2.0. i followed the procedure you mentioned. now i am able to run some onf the MKV files but some of them doesn't run at all. MP just flashes and come back to the movie list. i tried to run in MPC-HC and it doesn't run too. only software that can run these movies is the VLC player. even windows media player can not run them. can you please kindly help to solve it and let me know what information you need to check?

thanks

Use MKV merge to create sample and post it here.

Czaja0

Portal Member
October 14, 2008
Hello
I've just reinstalled my system (running WIN XP on Core2Duo E8400 with ATI HD8450 GC)
Everything works fine except Apple Trailes HD Clips from Online Videos. They start to run fine but after a while they are slowing down a lot , and it doesnt matter if I change it to Full HD or 720P in MP Config. Only changing to HD480 makes them play ok.
Using latest mediaportal, online videos and 'unlocked' SAF with Catalyst 9.9

Any idea??

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hello
I've just reinstalled my system (running WIN XP on Core2Duo E8400 with ATI HD8450 GC)
Everything works fine except Apple Trailes HD Clips from Online Videos. They start to run fine but after a while they are slowing down a lot , and it doesnt matter if I change it to Full HD or 720P in MP Config. Only changing to HD480 makes them play ok.
Using latest mediaportal, online videos and 'unlocked' SAF with Catalyst 9.9

Any idea??

ATI HD8450? WOW! You are from year 2015? :)

Check graphstudio what decoders are in use (you can post screenshot here too).

jumpa

Portal Member
April 22, 2009
Firenze
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi Hoborg
great job with this suite of codec!

I've a couple of problems with H.264 codec: when I play a MKW, H.264 video, I can see it very well. The problems are:
first, I can't see subtitles (ok in MP-HC); second: when I stop the video and go back to the menu, the haali splitter systray's icon doesn't close. I'm running Media Portal in windowed mode, to see the CPU usage (<10%, Phenom II X3 720 BE) and if the Haali closes. It will be unloaded only when I close Media Portal. If I restart the video, I get a new Haali icon and so on.

thank you for you job!

Jumpa
:D

sndlogic

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Can someone help me find this 'system tab'? I can't go past saf400beta13 because of this issue. Thanks.

Please, describe your problem.

Same as onyx666...with saf400beta14 & 15, only rear speaker sound through front speakers and no speech. He said he changed something in the 'system tab' to fix it. I cannot find the 'system tab' in any of the control panels.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can someone help me find this 'system tab'? I can't go past saf400beta13 because of this issue. Thanks.

Please, describe your problem.

Same as onyx666...with saf400beta14 & 15, only rear speaker sound through front speakers and no speech. He said he changed something in the 'system tab' to fix it. I cannot find the 'system tab' in any of the control panels.

are they refering to the system tab of ac3filter?
    here is a picture of the system's tab
    please disregard the red writing and circles, that is not intended for you
    audio08.jpg

raufiq

Portal Member
    May 10, 2009
    UAE
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Hi HOBORG

thanks

Use MKV merge to create sample and post it here.
    thanks for the reply. I am in the office right now (its 7:30 morning here...) and will send you the clip after reaching home.
    how to unlock SAF? what is the difference between locked and unlocked SAF?

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom