SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (7 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi Hoborg, I tried using Beta 17 to get WMV from gametrailers working but no luck :(

You wrote in another thread that standard OS Codecs are used to decode WMV (Windows 7 in my case), but this does not seem to be the case here (please see graph)

What's the problem? The audio or the video part?

Graph is correct - you do not see any video or waht happend?
This graph is not from gametrailers...

This Decoder I need for PDVD7! What can I do?

This decoder is in use for all audio or only sometime? You can try to lower merrit of PDVD audio decoder...
Didnt you setup PDVD audio decoder to be used in MP?

Hi Hoborg
great job with this suite of codec!

I've a couple of problems with H.264 codec: when I play a MKW, H.264 video, I can see it very well. The problems are:
first, I can't see subtitles (ok in MP-HC); second: when I stop the video and go back to the menu, the haali splitter systray's icon doesn't close. I'm running Media Portal in windowed mode, to see the CPU usage (<10%, Phenom II X3 720 BE) and if the Haali closes. It will be unloaded only when I close Media Portal. If I restart the video, I get a new Haali icon and so on.

thank you for you job!

Jumpa
:D

HI, is there anyone who has any idea for this problem?

:D
Jumpa

You need to enable subtitles in MP configuration.
It is known that MPC video crashing in DXVA mode in MP causing Haali,FFDShow,AC3,etc icon on try.

andreas2

Portal Pro
August 14, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Zitat:
Zitat von andreas2 Beitrag anzeigen

This Decoder I need for PDVD7! What can I do?
This decoder is in use for all audio or only sometime? You can try to lower merrit of PDVD audio decoder...
Didnt you setup PDVD audio decoder to be used in MP?

Thank you, Hoborg with lower merit online video works with Sound. I hope PDVD works too.
Andreas

sndlogic

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
Please, describe your problem.

Same as onyx666...with saf400beta14 & 15, only rear speaker sound through front speakers and no speech. He said he changed something in the 'system tab' to fix it. I cannot find the 'system tab' in any of the control panels.

are they refering to the system tab of ac3filter?
here is a picture of the system's tab
please disregard the red writing and circles, that is not intended for you
audio08.jpg

Thank you! The ac3filter control panel was what I was looking for. Much appreciated!

Synthetic

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Hoborg, I tried using Beta 17 to get WMV from gametrailers working but no luck :(

You wrote in another thread that standard OS Codecs are used to decode WMV (Windows 7 in my case), but this does not seem to be the case here (please see graph)

What's the problem? The audio or the video part?

Graph is correct - you do not see any video or waht happend?
This graph is not from gametrailers...

It is, I chose the option to render an URL and entered a Gametrailers wmv file (Super Street Fighter 4 Trailer) :confused:

The problem is that I don't get video / audio in MediaPortal, Gametrailers only work in IE and FF (due to WMP Plugin). Doesn't make a difference if it's HD / SD. Sometimes I get the first picture contained in a video and the first split second of sound but after that playback stops.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
The problem is that I don't get video / audio in MediaPortal, Gametrailers only work in IE and FF (due to WMP Plugin). Doesn't make a difference if it's HD / SD. Sometimes I get the first picture contained in a video and the first split second of sound but after that playback stops.

Connect graphstudio when you play video from MP, i bet MS DMO video decoder will be in use instead FFDshow.

Synthetic

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm sorry, you were right, it uses Windows DMO for audio and video :(

... and splits normal video files audio to ffdshow although ac3filter is selected in config it seems o_O but it's working anyway so I won't touch it :D

arsenal333

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
First of all fantastic work, is meeting all my codec requirements....

Question: How do I get the latest version of the CLVsd.ax as the install says it's outdated?

S_Behn

Portal Pro
September 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
*I still have a problem of sound stuttering. It occurs when i am watching TV Series and with some Apple trailers. The point is, it wasnt there a couple of days ago, i didnt change anything. Then it occurred sometimes, with every third episode or so. I thought that the episodes are encoded differently, but it looks like thats not the case because now none of the episodes works properly anymore. Its not that the sound gets out of sync, you can still properly listen to voices but if you have some sound in the background, which is preferably constant... then its bothering a lot. :)

Any idea?

The tv series are avi files.

Thanks for your help, i appreciate it!

EDIT: Just reinstalled unlocked 4.00Beta17 and almost everything works so fine now! Just two things left:

1. Two HD channels make some little problems. Anixe HD and Astra HD Demochannel have some video stuttering. ARD HD and ZDF HD are working completely fine.
2. When i stop a DVD movie located on the harddrive in fullscreen mode i have a windows error message, but thats it... nothing stops working. Just when i close Media Portal, there is still the error asking me to report it or not. Any idea?

Thanks a lot for this amazing work hoborg!

ronysrei

Portal Member
May 15, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hi Hoborg,

First of all, thanks a lot for this great codec pack!

Im having a really weird issue.
When I leave my HTPC on idle for about 2 hours (main menu), when try to play a MKV with DTS or AC3 audio, I have a codec failure.
If I close the Media Portal and open it, everything works fine until it stays on idle for about 2 hours.

I run Vista x86 + SAF + AC3Filter with DTS and AC3 Passtrough. All the standby options are disabled on windows.

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom