SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At least for me ffdshow / SAF beta 19 test2 works great here no stuttering or so. Only stereo should be PCM stereo :)

Good.

No problem to change it.
    Question - only stereo should be PCM? Becouse for example AAC 5.1 will be decompresed to 5.1 PCM...

Yes i think so. Do you know how todo that? It doesn't make sence to convert stereo to anything...

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    most receivers cant handle 5.1PCM, so only stereo should be PCM, AAC 5.1 should be outputed as AC3

Good! There is option to convert only PCM 5.1 to AC3.
    But if you will have AAC in 7.1, you will only have stereo then, but that can be solved by profile.

Here is test 3

stereo (not AC3/DTS) should be now in PCM, PCM 5.1 will be encoded to AC3.

Here is TrueHD sample
    - this sample will only be working using SAF4.0b19+

And here file to enable/disable HD passthrough
    Just edit file, 1=enabled, 0=disabled and inport in to registry.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Issues with Win7 x64

Hi Hoborg,

Thanks for your efforts on this ...

I have recently installed Win7 x64 and I am having difficulty playing back TV and videos. I have tried MP 1.0.2.0 and 1.1.0.0 and both suffer from similar things.

MP 1.0.2.0: For SD TV the PowerDVD SD codec works fine but for H.264 (MPC H.264) when I go to play a video file recorded from tv (.ts) then the PC thinks that it is playing (my LCD shows time played etc.) but the whole display freezes with no video, if i press "stop" then the window becomes active again. The same occurs with live TV, the stream starts (and i can even view it using VLC) but no video is displayed, just a "frozen MP screen" until i press stop, then MP returns. DivX play fine.

MP 1.1.0.0: Using this version MP freezes and becomes unresponsive as soon as I try to play any video, nothing plays on SD or HD :(

The only way I could get HD to work was to use the CoreAVC trial codec and it plays fine, but is a bit jerky ... In windows Vista I had none of these issues, what am I doing wrong? I am using a HD3200 with ATI 9.9 drivers (latest). PLEASE HELP!

Note: I tried to use the "HDPack 2.2" H.264 codecs and the PowerDVD ones give an error on install, but are visible in MP ... they still dont work. Are there issues with x64 Win7 registering codecs?

:D

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hi Hoborg,

Thanks for your efforts on this ...

I have recently installed Win7 x64 and I am having difficulty playing back TV and videos. I have tried MP 1.0.2.0 and 1.1.0.0 and both suffer from similar things.

MP 1.0.2.0: For SD TV the PowerDVD SD codec works fine but for H.264 (MPC H.264) when I go to play a video file recorded from tv (.ts) then the PC thinks that it is playing (my LCD shows time played etc.) but the whole display freezes with no video, if i press "stop" then the window becomes active again. The same occurs with live TV, the stream starts (and i can even view it using VLC) but no video is displayed, just a "frozen MP screen" until i press stop, then MP returns. DivX play fine.

MP 1.1.0.0: Using this version MP freezes and becomes unresponsive as soon as I try to play any video, nothing plays on SD or HD :(

The only way I could get HD to work was to use the CoreAVC trial codec and it plays fine, but is a bit jerky ... In windows Vista I had none of these issues, what am I doing wrong? I am using a HD3200 with ATI 9.9 drivers (latest). PLEASE HELP!

Note: I tried to use the "HDPack 2.2" H.264 codecs and the PowerDVD ones give an error on install, but are visible in MP ... they still dont work. Are there issues with x64 Win7 registering codecs?

:D

You need to *unlock* SAF and use PowerDVD h.264 for HDTV.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hoborg,
    For your information, these are the capabillities of my Receiver. Yahama RX-V661.
    This is for HDMI, S/PDIF Coaxial or optical.

Ill test tonight what you cooked this time Hoborg :D

And if there are other people with a receiver... You are welcome to help. :)

oh...
    kanaal=channel
    bitstroom=bitstream
    rest seems clear.

DSD is for SuperAudio CD's

Attachments

• yamaha RX-V661 signals.png
      yamaha RX-V661 signals.png
      15.8 KB

Methanoid

Portal Member
    May 3, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

You need to *unlock* SAF and use PowerDVD h.264 for HDTV.[/QUOTE]

How? I've PM'd before but got no response.

Also what about AC3 Filter - the guide shows it as necessary but its NOT on the guide list of requirements. Do we need to install that as well?

Thanks

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    How? I've PM'd before but got no response.

Also what about AC3 Filter - the guide shows it as necessary but its NOT on the guide list of requirements. Do we need to install that as well?

Thanks

Try beta19, no need to use AC3 fiter anylonger acording to users responce.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Does anyone have any response to my question about varying A/V sync depending on the type of video material?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Does anyone have any response to my question about varying A/V sync depending on the type of video material?

You should try to found source of problem. Try to connect your HTPC to speakers using analog only - is audio/video in sync or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom