SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). | Page 334

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by hoborg, September 2, 2008.

?

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

1. Yes

406 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. No

69 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. hoborg

hoborg Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 2
    Home Country:
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Show System Specs
    1) to be able passthrough AAC, MP3 and other formats
    2) i didnt think it is posible to use passthrough + delay becouse audio is sended to reciever "as it is"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. taalas
    • Premium Supporter

taalas MP Donator

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    thanks for clearing that up Hoborg...

my imagination was that the bitstream was untouched on pass through...but could be delayed...i may be wrong of course

4. hulkhaugen

hulkhaugen Portal Pro

ROV Pilot
    Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    The users is "Administrators" in Norwegian too, but the language folder is "nb-NO"

5. Yabba

Yabba Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Hello...

I attached logs to this message... I've seen there's a difference between the behaviour in my previous install under Vista and this new install under XP : under Vista the screen went to black when trying to play these chapters, under XP it just blinks for an instant and then comes back to the season screen, marking that chapter as already watched. BTW, there are in fact 2 audios and 2 subtitles in that sample. Only differences between the sample and previous chapters that played fine are (as far as I can see) : previous were encoded as High@L4.1 and these are as High@L3.1 and spanish audio is 2 channel 48 Khz in the chapters that played well and 32 Khz in the ones that refuse to play. Under Vista Graphstudio showed the same filters when playing fine and when just blanking the screen, under XP I can't tell because there's just an instant blink...

Thank you very much for your interest, Hoborg :D

Well, that was it. Thank you very much, kiwijunglist... it's been a long night reinstalling things and I guess I was so aslept that I assumed this was already included as of 1.02 . Now it works wonderfully, thanks again :D

Attached Files:

6. WebKnight
    • Premium Supporter

WebKnight MP Donator

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Quoting myself :)

Found a solution! It was the Cool & quiet function that messed things up, disabled it in BIOS and now all videos plays smooth as silk :)

Maybe you should put this as a tip in the first post Hoborg, so that others know about it :)

7. hoborg

hoborg Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 2
    Home Country:
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Show System Specs
    That explain why it is working. "nb-NO" is now marked as supported :)

I have no idea why can be wrong (all seems to be OK in LOG).

If you drag and drop your sample to graphstudio, will it play?

Can you post your MP log too?

Thanks for tip.

8. winterescape
    • Premium Supporter

winterescape MP Donator

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    looking @ your system specs I see you have the 4850e. I too had this processor and read this post about the HT speed.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...300-poor-playback-fix-found-50946/#post409027
    I think this is what you are up against. I switched to the 7750 which works great but sucks much more power. (fans make noise) This week AMD came out with low power CPU's that have the faster HT. I would look @ the 240e.
    as also posted in the thread I linked disabling C&Q may be enough to keep you happy.

9. Yabba

Yabba Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Well, it seems there's no need. I don't know exactly how, but now it's working. I checked it didn't work this morning, then I started to check other parts of MediaPortal and watched some Online videos and Trailers... then I tried to show a friend of mine how those videos didn't work... and they suddenly worked. And they keep working. I guess this is not a predictable science anymore... :)

Thanks anyway...

10. carmenm

carmenm Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    I dont get that. I dont have ffdshow as post-processing and i still get ac3, dts, ... passthrough.
    What does it add?

11. Domini0n

Domini0n Portal Pro

All kinds of jobs, also too much to write down.
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I was very very busy this weekend, sorry for that. Here are my SAF log files.

Hope you can help me get rid of the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder that is in the way.

Original post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/525107-post3299.html

I launched Studiograph.exe and did load media file and loaded a Fringe episode. The results are in a screenshot in my original post. These screens and logs are still from the LOCKED version of the SAF codecs. I will try to install the UNLOCKED one soon.

Tnx in advance,
    Domini0n

[EDIT]
    How can I remove SAF codec pack?
    I installed it under Windows 7, but it doesn't show up in the software uninstall list.
    The Start Menu entry also does not provide an uninstall option. Is it save to run UNLOCK SAF over the current one?

Never mind, running SAF pack again asks to uninstall first, NICE!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!