SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi all,

latest beta19 is working almost perfectly for me, some question regarding audio though:

the installer tells me to add FFDSHOW audio decoder as a video post processing filter - which I did...why do we do that when FFDSHOW is already set as decoder?

I am trying to lip sync my hd material using an ffdshow profile and the delay option but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I enabled the delay section, set a delay for all channels, created a profile and set aut switch conditions on mkv files. Even if I set this profile as standard there seems to be no delay at all...does delay work on SPDIF passthrough (which I use)?

1) to be able passthrough AAC, MP3 and other formats
2) i didnt think it is posible to use passthrough + delay becouse audio is sended to reciever "as it is"

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for clearing that up Hoborg...

my imagination was that the bitstream was untouched on pass through...but could be delayed...i may be wrong of course

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello...

Send me SAF log please.
    I can play your sample without any problem, (desperate housewives + EN subtitles).

I attached logs to this message... I've seen there's a difference between the behaviour in my previous install under Vista and this new install under XP : under Vista the screen went to black when trying to play these chapters, under XP it just blinks for an instant and then comes back to the season screen, marking that chapter as already watched. BTW, there are in fact 2 audios and 2 subtitles in that sample. Only differences between the sample and previous chapters that played fine are (as far as I can see) : previous were encoded as High@L4.1 and these are as High@L3.1 and spanish audio is 2 channel 48 Khz in the chapters that played well and 32 Khz in the ones that refuse to play. Under Vista Graphstudio showed the same filters when playing fine and when just blanking the screen, under XP I can't tell because there's just an instant blink...

Thank you very much for your interest, Hoborg :D

have you thought about adding integration of MPC-HC subtitles engine.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...48/integration-mpc-hc-subtitles-engine-54130/
    mpc-subs-engine-binaries-mp-1.0.2.rar
    just replace the files from your MP 1.0.2 directory (backup the originals)
    then you will have embedded subtitles with dxva just like latest svn

Well, that was it. Thank you very much, kiwijunglist... it's been a long night reinstalling things and I guess I was so aslept that I assumed this was already included as of 1.02 . Now it works wonderfully, thanks again :D

Attachments

• SAF-Downloaded.txt
      30.6 KB
    • SAF-FiltersExport.reg.txt
      30.7 KB

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Here are the graphs I got, seems to be a difference, but I don't know why. Any Ideas?

It seems like the one on the left is using VMR and on the right EVR.
    Is the one on the left the graph from Media player? Maybe you need to set MediaPortal to use VMR instead.
    Is Aero enabled in Windows? Did you run the Performance index thing (I think it needs to run before it will enable Aero)?

Yes, the left one is WMP and it uses VMR, while in MP it uses EVR. The strange thing is that in window mode the video is smooth even in MP (with EVR), it's only in full screen that the stuttering occurs, VMR in full screen shows no stutter :/ Aero is enabled.

What is the difference between EVR and WMR, is one better than the other, and why should I use EVR with win7?

BTW - Thank you both sjeffrey and hoborg :)

Quoting myself :)

Found a solution! It was the Cool & quiet function that messed things up, disabled it in BIOS and now all videos plays smooth as silk :)

Maybe you should put this as a tip in the first post Hoborg, so that others know about it :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    The users is "Administrators" in Norwegian too, but the language folder is "nb-NO"

That explain why it is working. "nb-NO" is now marked as supported :)

Hello...

I attached logs to this message... I've seen there's a difference between the behaviour in my previous install under Vista and this new install under XP : under Vista the screen went to black when trying to play these chapters, under XP it just blinks for an instant and then comes back to the season screen, marking that chapter as already watched. BTW, there are in fact 2 audios and 2 subtitles in that sample. Only differences between the sample and previous chapters that played fine are (as far as I can see) : previous were encoded as High@L4.1 and these are as High@L3.1 and spanish audio is 2 channel 48 Khz in the chapters that played well and 32 Khz in the ones that refuse to play. Under Vista Graphstudio showed the same filters when playing fine and when just blanking the screen, under XP I can't tell because there's just an instant blink...:

I have no idea why can be wrong (all seems to be OK in LOG).

If you drag and drop your sample to graphstudio, will it play?

Can you post your MP log too?

Found a solution! It was the Cool & quiet function that messed things up, disabled it in BIOS and now all videos plays smooth as silk :)

Maybe you should put this as a tip in the first post Hoborg, so that others know about it :)

Thanks for tip.

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It seems like the one on the left is using VMR and on the right EVR.
    Is the one on the left the graph from Media player? Maybe you need to set MediaPortal to use VMR instead.
    Is Aero enabled in Windows? Did you run the Performance index thing (I think it needs to run before it will enable Aero)?

Yes, the left one is WMP and it uses VMR, while in MP it uses EVR. The strange thing is that in window mode the video is smooth even in MP (with EVR), it's only in full screen that the stuttering occurs, VMR in full screen shows no stutter :/ Aero is enabled.

What is the difference between EVR and WMR, is one better than the other, and why should I use EVR with win7?

BTW - Thank you both sjeffrey and hoborg :)

looking @ your system specs I see you have the 4850e. I too had this processor and read this post about the HT speed.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...300-poor-playback-fix-found-50946/#post409027
    I think this is what you are up against. I switched to the 7750 which works great but sucks much more power. (fans make noise) This week AMD came out with low power CPU's that have the faster HT. I would look @ the 240e.
    as also posted in the thread I linked disabling C&Q may be enough to keep you happy.

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have no idea why can be wrong (all seems to be OK in LOG).

If you drag and drop your sample to graphstudio, will it play?

Can you post your MP log too?

Well, it seems there's no need. I don't know exactly how, but now it's working. I checked it didn't work this morning, then I started to check other parts of MediaPortal and watched some Online videos and Trailers... then I tried to show a friend of mine how those videos didn't work... and they suddenly worked. And they keep working. I guess this is not a predictable science anymore... :)

Thanks anyway...

carmenm

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi all,

latest beta19 is working almost perfectly for me, some question regarding audio though:

the installer tells me to add FFDSHOW audio decoder as a video post processing filter - which I did...why do we do that when FFDSHOW is already set as decoder?

I am trying to lip sync my hd material using an ffdshow profile and the delay option but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I enabled the delay section, set a delay for all channels, created a profile and set aut switch conditions on mkv files. Even if I set this profile as standard there seems to be no delay at all...does delay work on SPDIF passthrough (which I use)?

1) to be able passthrough AAC, MP3 and other formats
    I dont get that. I dont have ffdshow as post-processing and i still get ac3, dts, ... passthrough.
    What does it add?

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hi all,

Hope someone can help me with this problem that keeps popping up. Below you see two images attached, one about PowerDVD version and one of Graphstudio.

First the problem with PowerDVD, it says on install of the SAF codec pack that I have an old version. I downloaded the latest trial version from Cyberlink site and extracted the needed file as described in the first post. Where can I get the proper version?

Second is the video decoding. I installed all the packs with administrative rights. My mistake in the beginning was that I didn't use administrative rights to install these codecs. It now uses the codec's that I would expect it to, but there is one I didn't expect to see. As you can see on the image it shows that after haali splitter it says: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder. Is this correct? Isn't this supposed to be MPC-HC? I'm getting a little confused on this... Anyone got some input on this?

1) use *unlocked* SAF
    2):
    log.png

Send me SAF logs!

I was very very busy this weekend, sorry for that. Here are my SAF log files.

Hope you can help me get rid of the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder that is in the way.

Original post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/525107-post3299.html

I launched Studiograph.exe and did load media file and loaded a Fringe episode. The results are in a screenshot in my original post. These screens and logs are still from the LOCKED version of the SAF codecs. I will try to install the UNLOCKED one soon.

Tnx in advance,
    Domini0n

[EDIT]
    How can I remove SAF codec pack?
    I installed it under Windows 7, but it doesn't show up in the software uninstall list.
    The Start Menu entry also does not provide an uninstall option. Is it save to run UNLOCK SAF over the current one?

Never mind, running SAF pack again asks to uninstall first, NICE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom