SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
@caprica13

Try to play some h.264 profile 5.1 and more thap 5 ref.frames - you will see nice artefacts :)

Hey, how does this graph look, anyone have suggestions???

It is from DVD and it is correct.

hoborg, I have a problem with speed of playback depending on the sound quality.

I use SPDIF optic out, which is set in windows as 7.1 (8 channel) output. It works until I hit TrueHD audio streams. From my understanding for "normal" audio max bitrate is 1536, whereas this truehd may be nearly three times as fast - around 4500. So when such audio is selected the file starts to play at x3 speed. Picture is jumping as much as it can, only bits of the audio can be heard. Fast-forward/backwards works ok. Any ideas how to extract "normal/common" 1536 audio from this super truehd and stop fast playback?

I attach a sample of this video - default audio 1 (english) causes this problem, other three audios in the file are fine. The file is uploading now, should be ready in 30 minutes or so. http://files.gusev.fm/m.mkv
its around 75mb, 30sec long.

Passthrough TrueHD is not supported by FFDshow right now.
It will be added to next SAF version, but to passthrough HD audio, you will need ATI 5xxx or xonar audio card and Vista/Win7.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My setup is MP 1.1.0.0, SAF 24 (unlocked), ATI HD 4200 (integrated), AMD triple core (e), runing W7x64, HDMI straight into a 37" TV, audio via SPDIF into a Sony surround sound amp.

I have been using SAF for a while... but always had lip/audio sync issues, didn't matter what I tried at 1902x1080@50 with live TV I had problems - movies seem to be ok.

have you posted screen shot with graph yet for the problematic live tv channel?
    also press shift+! what does it say?

maindave

Portal Member
    November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hoborg,

It there any fine tuneing I can perform, videos look a liitlt washed out, no as sharp when I play from dvd player

thx

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I use SAF on two clients (XP ati hd 2600 onboard and Win7 ion) and all works.

But on two EeeBox B 206 clients (onboard Radeon HD 3450) I got a black screen with all SAF codecs. (MPC codecs for SD and PDVD PCM45 codecs for HD are working but I prefer SAF codecs). I can't choose the Ati driver for this hardware. So I had to use the ati drivers (Version 8.591.0.0) from the asus website.

Anyone of you with the same problems? Anyone uses the EeeBox B206 without this problems?

cu

igor_uk

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    hoborg, I have a problem with speed of playback depending on the sound quality.

I use SPDIF optic out, which is set in windows as 7.1 (8 channel) output. It works until I hit TrueHD audio streams. From my understanding for "normal" audio max bitrate is 1536, whereas this truehd may be nearly three times as fast - around 4500. So when such audio is selected the file starts to play at x3 speed. Picture is jumping as much as it can, only bits of the audio can be heard. Fast-forward/backwards works ok. Any ideas how to extract "normal/common" 1536 audio from this super truehd and stop fast playback?

I attach a sample of this video - default audio 1 (english) causes this problem, other three audios in the file are fine. The file is uploading now, should be ready in 30 minutes or so. http://files.gusev.fm/m.mkv
    its around 75mb, 30sec long.

Passthrough TrueHD is not supported by FFDshow right now.
    It will be added to next SAF version, but to passthrough HD audio, you will need ATI 5xxx or xonar audio card and Vista/Win7.
    Ahh, I see! Is there a way to change on the fly from TrueHD into something that every soundcard can understand?

Are there any other codecs that support TrueHD?

PS, I do not think I enabled passthrough and I do not think I need passthrough, just normal sound output to 8-speaker device, the soundcard would do the rest.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have problems running Passthrough in SAF...

If I choose in LiveTV AC3 or i'm playing a DVD the video is frozen and I get sometimes a click out of my boxes...

I already tried SAF with passthrough on a new installed Windows!

With the instructions here I had some success!
    If I chose there in LiveTV AC3 my speakers out of the TV played with stereo and if I changed the standard-device in sound settings of Windows 7 there was surround-sound. But DVDs didn't work at all!

So where is my problem?
    Is it possible to play only AC3-Sound and do the downmix or passthrough automatically? So TV -> Downmix to stereo; Logitech-Z5500 on -> passthrough!

Thanks in advice!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,

I have problems running Passthrough in SAF...

If I choose in LiveTV AC3 or i'm playing a DVD the video is frozen and I get sometimes a click out of my boxes...

I already tried SAF with passthrough on a new installed Windows!

With the instructions here I had some success!
    If I chose there in LiveTV AC3 my speakers out of the TV played with stereo and if I changed the standard-device in sound settings of Windows 7 there was surround-sound. But DVDs didn't work at all!

So where is my problem?
    Is it possible to play only AC3-Sound and do the downmix or passthrough automatically? So TV -> Downmix to stereo; Logitech-Z5500 on -> passthrough!

Thanks in advice!
    It is up to you how do you configure it.

If you need to downmix, it will looks like this:
    Decode -> Downmix to stereo -> encode -> passthrough

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if you do a google on spdif and analog at same time, i think you'll find you can't do both. so you just have to choose downmixed or not downmix can't have both as far as i know. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But with AC3-Filter it worked! I got sound on my TV via analog Chinch and if I changed the standard device in Windows to SPDIF I got 5.1 sound!

But DVD could not be played!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom