SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No that isn't you only have to go in the sound device settings of each. In the settings you have to take out the upper setting, so that the under setting is grayed out!

But however I have problems with SAF to play any AC3-Sound, and with the settings with AC-Filter I can't watch DVDs...

Attachments

• Sound.jpg
      Sound.jpg
      56.6 KB

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    HT3 CPU is recomended too, becouse of adaptive deinterlacing.
    NB: We are talking about onboard video here. As changing from HT2 -> HT3 CPU will have no effect if you don't have onboard video.

hoborg/kiwi - if I upgrade to a motherboard with an integrated HD4200, and keep my HT2 CPU, will the de-interlacing be any better?

jazbo8

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    China China
    Arrgh! DTS not working!

I thought I had everything working with SAF, however, I tried to play a few movies with DTS soundtracks this weekend, and they all sound distorted with lots of crackles and pops (DD tracks played just fine), I tried to change the ffdshow dts filters in the audio configuration but without any improvement, so your help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jaz

==
    Un-installed SAF and just re-installed the Haali Splitter and MPC standalone codec pack. It could be the ffdshow filters messing up, can't really figure out why, but I am going to leave it alone for now as MP is working properly for all the file types I can throw at it.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    HT3 CPU is recomended too, becouse of adaptive deinterlacing.
    NB: We are talking about onboard video here. As changing from HT2 -> HT3 CPU will have no effect if you don't have onboard video.

hoborg/kiwi - if I upgrade to a motherboard with an integrated HD4200, and keep my HT2 CPU, will the de-interlacing be any better?

Instead of new MoBo, get new CPU - AMD Athlon II X2 240e is very good option

Lasborg

Portal Member
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just installed SAF for the first time yesterday, and have been playing with it sice. But i wonder what the unlocked SAF does and how I am going to unlock. Granted it seems to be something for the initiated only, but i hope that someone can shed som light on it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom