SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Just installed SAF for the first time yesterday, and have been playing with it sice. But i wonder what the unlocked SAF does and how I am going to unlock. Granted it seems to be something for the initiated only, but i hope that someone can shed som light on it for me.

...you didnt read first post? :(

Lasborg

Portal Member
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
God damn, I am so blind, I have read the first post again and again, or so I thought. My bad, I'll send you a PM

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All,

I have decided to rebuild my HTPC - I have been installing/removing/changing too much... think its best I start again.

As such, what is the "best" version of ATI drivers to install with my mobo ASUS (M4A785TD-M EVO):

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Its an AM3 with HD4200 GPU

Ideally I would like to have DXVA working (I've tried different ATI drivers on the current setup and they have DXVA issues when resuming from standby) :(

Thanks,

J.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Ideally I would like to have DXVA working (I've tried different ATI drivers on the current setup and they have DXVA issues when resuming from standby) :(
    J.

Try this:
    Play any DXVA h.264 video using MPC-HC (installed by SAF). Go to standby and wake up - try to play the same video again in MPC-HC - do you have any problems here?

CCC 9.10 seems to be good choice - some users report broken DXVA on 9.11 (cannot reproduce by myself).

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you have Windows 7 or Vista you have to install only to Catalyst 9.8!

Since 9.9 there are the problems with the onboard graphic-cards in resuming!

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi,

Whats the consensus of whether to stick with the latest ASUS drivers (AMD VGA Driver V8.660.0.0) or go with ATI's own 9.8 drivers?

Anything else I should install/not install - I don;t want to screw up another fresh/clean build.

Thanks,

J.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry if you have the same problems like me 2 weeks ago, you don't have any other way to solve this problem, as trough a new installation!

I had Windows 7 x64 and the same problems with resuming, with catalyst 9.8 too! Some rests stayed after the deinstallation of a newer one, wich I couldn't found!

I think that there is no difference, because AMD VGA driver is the same like catalyst. AMD only have other names as Asus! So try to install catalyst 9.8 and deinstall the newer one! If the problems stay you have no other possiblity!

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi again,

The issue with DXVA is a minor one for me, I'm lucky to have a sufficient CPU to decode HD content, without using the GPU

I just feel that as I've installed numerous differenct SAF's, AC3Filters, changed FfdShow, FfDAudio,etc,etc, it would be best starting from a clean sheet :confused:

Chances are it still won;t be any better! :(

J.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again,

The issue with DXVA is a minor one for me, I'm lucky to have a sufficient CPU to decode HD content, without using the GPU

I just feel that as I've installed numerous differenct SAF's, AC3Filters, changed FfdShow, FfDAudio,etc,etc, it would be best starting from a clean sheet :confused:

Chances are it still won;t be any better! :(

J.

So in FFdshow and AC3 you have the ability to save your settings in a .reg-file whitch kan be used in a new installation!

Usind DXVA causes less power consumption, so you can reduce your power costs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom