SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

sndlogic

Portal Member
May 19, 2009
All,

I have decided to rebuild my HTPC - I have been installing/removing/changing too much... think its best I start again.

As such, what is the "best" version of ATI drivers to install with my mobo ASUS (M4A785TD-M EVO):

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Its an AM3 with HD4200 GPU

Ideally I would like to have DXVA working (I've tried different ATI drivers on the current setup and they have DXVA issues when resuming from standby) :(

Thanks,

J.

All my ATI standby problems always get resolved if I do these two things:
1) Disable ATI/AMD External Events Utility service (this causes HDMI problems)
2) Install MCE Standby Tool utility (has built-in support for MediaPortal):
Slick Solutions - MCE Standby Tool (MST) (search for most current version: 0.9.098)

Regarding Cat 9.8 and earlier, some black level problems for me. Cat 9.9 or 9.10 work great (as lone as I do the above 2 things).

goofy84

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
help with SAF filters required

Hello,

i am really desperate i don´t get SAF working on my system. It crashes always when i´am trying to start a mki file through moving pictures. I already installed the required update for the quarz.dll after that i put the audio fdshowfilter in the post processing box and enabled it. Nothing seems to work !!!

The other thing is that i don´t get 5.1 Sound enabled. I am using a 2600xt with a hdmi adapter and it already worked with mp 023 so that the adapter is the right one.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• SAF-RunExport.reg.txt
    30.6 KB
  • SAF-FiltersExport.reg.txt
    30.7 KB

igor_uk

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Hoborg, one more issue
I've updated to the latest Nvidia drivers dated late november and unlocked version causes hell. The screen becomes "snowy" with loads of artefacts even after I close MP. Firstly it flashes as soon as a movie is played, then this noise. If you do not stop it by then then a full reset occures with Win7 sending info to try to resolve the problem. New Cyberlink player seems to cope ok, its just the codec that fails. Ffdshow is fine too.

Attachments

• SAF-FiltersExport.reg.txt
    30.7 KB
  • SAF-PreferedDecoders-(Win7x86).reg.txt
    30.7 KB
  • SAF-RunExport.reg.txt
    30.6 KB

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
Hi Hoborg,

Is there anything SAF does special or differently when it says locked or not?

The reason I'm asking, is I install SAF on more than one PC, and I really don't want to do the whole process for every one, so I just copy the "right" files across to each pc. But I'm not sure if SAF recognises that they are already there, is there any way to make SAF detect that these files are already there in new releases, that is if it doesn't already?

thanks.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Hoborg,

Is there anything SAF does special or differently when it says locked or not?

The reason I'm asking, is I install SAF on more than one PC, and I really don't want to do the whole process for every one, so I just copy the "right" files across to each pc. But I'm not sure if SAF recognises that they are already there, is there any way to make SAF detect that these files are already there in new releases, that is if it doesn't already?

thanks.

If you read the first post, it tells you what SAF does differently in unlocked and locked mode.
    If you look at the installed codecs on your pc, you will be able to tell whether saf is locked or unlocked is installed.

mediortal

Portal Member
    July 28, 2009
    If you read the first post, it tells you what SAF does differently in unlocked and locked mode.
    If you look at the installed codecs on your pc, you will be able to tell whether saf is locked or unlocked is installed.

Hey kj, yeah I know that there is extra files. What I mean is, I don't want to d/l those files again, yet even if they are already present, saf still says "locked" during install. I was really just wondering if its just a caption only thing, or whether there are actually some settings that saf does in the background only when it goes through the whole unlock process, or if it realises that the files it would usually get are already there on the pc, and go through the same install and settings as if it did the d/l.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hoborg, one more issue
    I've updated to the latest Nvidia drivers dated late november and unlocked version causes hell. The screen becomes "snowy" with loads of artefacts even after I close MP. Firstly it flashes as soon as a movie is played, then this noise. If you do not stop it by then then a full reset occures with Win7 sending info to try to resolve the problem. New Cyberlink player seems to cope ok, its just the codec that fails. Ffdshow is fine too.

Looks like driver (DXVA) issue...

Hey kj, yeah I know that there is extra files. What I mean is, I don't want to d/l those files again, yet even if they are already present, saf still says "locked" during install. I was really just wondering if its just a caption only thing, or whether there are actually some settings that saf does in the background only when it goes through the whole unlock process, or if it realises that the files it would usually get are already there on the pc, and go through the same install and settings as if it did the d/l.

Just copy files is not enought, go thrue whole *unlock* process is necessary (there is a lot of registry tweeks)...

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Need some help getting my HDTV channels to work.

Have Canal Digital DVB-C (Norwegian provider,) Fire DTV, Win7x64 (Eng), MP1.1.0 BETA with latest SVN, Latest SAF - Configured like suggested in first post.

All SD channels works just fine, but when switching to a HD channel the picture freeses (From the SD channel I was on) but I get the sound. Tried to disable DXVA - didn't help.

So what might be the problem, and wich logs do I need to post in order for U gurus to help me out :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Need some help getting my HDTV channels to work.

Have Canal Digital DVB-C (Norwegian provider,) Fire DTV, Win7x64 (Eng), MP1.1.0 BETA with latest SVN, Latest SAF - Configured like suggested in first post.

All SD channels works just fine, but when switching to a HD channel the picture freeses (From the SD channel I was on) but I get the sound. Tried to disable DXVA - didn't help.

So what might be the problem, and wich logs do I need to post in order for U gurus to help me out :)

0002537: Cyberlink H.264 decoder doesn't work in DXVA mode - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom