SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
Just copy files is not enought, go thrue whole *unlock* process is necessary (there is a lot of registry tweeks)...

Hi, yeah that's fine, I do that on main pc, but what if htpc isnt connected to internet, there's no way then to use this Saf version. Not saying it's urgent (well maybe if one hasnt/cannot get internet connected to htpc, it might be), but maybe one day in future any possibility to add function to ask if one already has latest files downloaded, and then use these to continue in same install as if was truly downloaded?

pass through the audio signal without decoding on the pc.
via HDMI or SPDIF (Optical / Digital toslink)..
If you want to use passthrough then choose passthrough.
If you don't want to use passthrough then don't choose passthrough.
If you want to downmix then enable the ffdshow mixer and set the number of speakers you wish to downmix to in the ffdshow audio settings.

So what is my htpc using exactly, I have my ati connected to tv via HDMI, and the vid and sound is using this connection, but I chose "no" to audio passthrough when installing, and the sound is working. Is my sound beings sent how to the tv?
I see no settings for ati hdmi audio anywhere, does it take notice of ffdshow mixer?

tobbe77

Portal Member
December 6, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

Attachments

• Namnlös.jpg
    Namnlös.jpg
    33.6 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Just to let you know, I've just tried the latest SAF4 beta and it still gives me the same problem with LiveTV I had back in September:

"I've got a dual-screen setup, with display 1 being my Sony TV connected via DVI and display 2 being my Dell monitor (which is actually the primary). MP runs on the TV but when I try to view TV using SAF and the Cyberlink decoder, it opens an ActiveMovie window on display 2 (my monitor) and leaves the EPG showing on my TV! After that, the EPG is frozen on my TV, even though the taskbar shows that if I press H it's gone to Home and closing the window on display 2 doesn't help."

So I've uninstalled it and installed SAF3.49beta24, which works fine. I've currently got Cat 9.11 and MP SVN 24281 installed.

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

What was the problem with swedish Win 7 ??? :confused: I have been running swedish Win 7 all this time, and as far as I know I haven't had any problems.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

What was the problem with swedish Win 7 ??? :confused: I have been running swedish Win 7 all this time, and as far as I know I haven't had any problems.

Maybe you already use some tool to "unblock" prefered decoders setting in Win7.

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

That's true, I use some little program for setting codec preferences, can't remember the name though. So next time I do a clean install I won't need to install it then? That's great, my install list keeps getting shorter and shorter :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country

That's true, I use some little program for setting codec preferences, can't remember the name though. So next time I do a clean install I won't need to install it then? That's great, my install list keeps getting shorter and shorter :)

Yes, SAF fully support Swedish Win7 now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom