SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

stormsh

Portal Member
February 20, 2008
Hi. Infos first.
MP 1.1.0
SAF saf400beta21test6.exe (unlocked)
Win7 Pro 64bit
Latest MPMaxdome Plugin.

I tried the SAF a few days ago and I am quite happy with it. Yesterday I installed the Maxdome Plugin and its not working. Reregistering the wmv codec like distribed on page 226 in this threat didn´t work (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/494133-post2251.html). And yes I chose "start as admin".
Maxdome works in ff with silverlight, but the InternetExplorer seems to use windows mediaplayer for maxdome and its not working. Then I got aware of no wmv file working in win mp. So I think if I fix that problem, maxdome will work in mp as it should.

I think during the SAF installation I was asked if I want SAF to handle wmv streams. Can I change that on another way than reregistering (because it didn´t work). Maybe by reinstalling SAF or something?

greez: st.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I've added a screenshot.

Hi

As soon as I install SAF 4.00 B21 the configuration program of MP1.1 crashes at startup. MP itself seems to run fine and plays video and sound though. I copied a clvsd.ax from the PDVD8 to the root before installing.

Can anybody help me please? I included the SAF and filmerit logs. When I choose to bypass audio during the setup of SAF the above crash won't happen. But I'm a bit lost with this...

Thanks

I bet problems are caused by lines with no name.

what installer do you use ?

PaquetBuilder

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If passthrough is activated, I have to user postporcessind in mediaportal!

But could I do this with downmix too?

I want to switch via Soundswitch from Downmixing to Passthrough.... So I can't tale it out of postprocessing!

Your question is a bit wierd, i don't think you undestand what's going on.

If you want to use passthrough then choose passthrough.
    If you don't want to use passthrough then don't choose passthrough.
    If you want to downmix then enable the ffdshow mixer and set the number of speakers you wish to downmix to in the ffdshow audio settings.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So you didn't understand me sorry!

I want to have Sound sometimes out of my TV-boxes and sometimes out of my Dolby-System! So I want to choose downmix or passthrough in dependance of TV or Dolby!

This I would like to do with Soundswitch! But I read that, if I want to have pass, I have to enable ffdshow in postprocessing!

With Soundswitch I don't have the ability, to disable this postprocessing in MP, so does the downmix work too with the postprocessing filter in MP?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

I want to have Sound sometimes out of my TV-boxes and sometimes out of my Dolby-System! So I want to choose downmix or passthrough in dependance of TV or Dolby!

This I would like to do with Soundswitch! But I read that, if I want to have pass, I have to enable ffdshow in postprocessing!

With Soundswitch I don't have the ability, to disable this postprocessing in MP, so does the downmix work too with the postprocessing filter in MP?

You can create two profiles in FFDShow and use remote to switch between them to use passthrough or not to use it and downmix instead. it is up to you how you configure it.

Yes i restarted after install. I think you should med able to use ö as a ascii character, but i do not think it's standard.

As you can see, you OS is detected now: "OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (sv-SE) x64 (7) C:\Windows"
    ...i have no idea how to solve "ö" problem, sorry.

You can try some other tool to "unlock" Win7 registry manually, then reinstall SAF.

Here is problem: no go for "ö"
    sv.png

That's no good :( . I wonder how i'm gonna solve this.

Looks like i found solution. I will compine new SAF version tomorrow.

tobbe77

Portal Member
    December 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

You can create two profiles in FFDShow and use remote to switch between them to use passthrough or not to use it and downmix instead. it is up to you how you configure it.

As you can see, you OS is detected now: "OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (sv-SE) x64 (7) C:\Windows"
    ...i have no idea how to solve "ö" problem, sorry.

You can try some other tool to "unlock" Win7 registry manually, then reinstall SAF.

Here is problem: no go for "ö"
    sv.png

That's no good :( . I wonder how i'm gonna solve this.

Looks like i found solution. I will compine new SAF version tomorrow.

Exciting!!! Can't wait :)

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yeah ok, thanks! But do I have to remove the postprocessing in MP, when I'm choosing Downmix?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Yeah ok, thanks! But do I have to remove the postprocessing in MP, when I'm choosing Downmix?

No :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Create two profiles in ffdshow, ffdshow post processing does not need to be disabled.

sndlogic

Portal Member
    May 19, 2009
    Quick question - current SVNs of MP11beta have TSReader problems - but that only affects the TV stuff, right? Both the video player and DVD player are working fine with DXVA and unlocked SAF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom