SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (15 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Okay, included ;)

No problem to play it here.

It's strange, it works fine when I play it in XP itself using MPC, but when I play it inside Mediaportal there is no audio... What could cause that?

Didnt you enabled passthrough?
Connect graphstudio durning playback in MP.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France

Hi Hoborg,

Never had any issue with your codec pack that I am using since the very first version!

Today I am with SAF 4.00, and trying to play a divx music video: impossible!
I finally could open the file with vlc and saw that the codec is DX50.

Of course, I can download it from internet but as I want to keep my installation clean, I need your advise before doing something wrong: may I download it or will it be included into SAF or what else (convert the file, etc...)

:D

Is that an AVI file? If yes, rename to *.divx or mux to MKV and try again.[/QUOTE]

It is yet a .divx file , impossible to open with MPC and with WMP.
VLC plays it just fine!
How practically "mux" to MKV?

:D again!

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

No problem to play it here.

It's strange, it works fine when I play it in XP itself using MPC, but when I play it inside Mediaportal there is no audio... What could cause that?

Didnt you enabled passthrough?
Connect graphstudio durning playback in MP.

Yeah I have passthrough enabled.
And how do I do that thing you say?

Btw, on the ones that do work, Graphstudio shows 'ACM Wrapper' as the audio renderer.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France

START-SAF-TOOLS-DSMux or MKVmerge from internet.

Well, MKVmerge opens the file and doesn't recognize the video track, there is only the audio track that is opened.
So, when I mux, the final file is a mka file (witch is not possible to read, even with vlc)!

I think that the original file is corrupted (I tried to mux another divx file I have, MKVmerge recognizes 2 tracks: video DX50, the same as my "problematic" file, and a MP3 track; and works fine.

So it is not important, but I would just know why VLC is able to read the file without any problem and no other reader? What is the corruption due to? (This is just to try to understand better the things!!)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

START-SAF-TOOLS-DSMux or MKVmerge from internet.

I think that the original file is corrupted (I tried to mux another divx file I have, MKVmerge recognizes 2 tracks: video DX50, the same as my "problematic" file, and a MP3 track; and works fine.

So it is not important, but I would just know why VLC is able to read the file without any problem and no other reader? What is the corruption due to? (This is just to try to understand better the things!!)

If you will be able to create small sample, i will look :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

VLC is really good at playing corrupt video files / incomplete video files.

Try opening the file in handbrake (freeware) and then convert the file to a different format, you can use one of the handbrake presets to do this. This may fix the errors in the file.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hoborg,

I think there is a bug in the newest ffdshow. I cannot get 6ch audio to operate normally.
    Out-of-the-box the SAFbeta22test6 is programmed to produce passthrough over spdif. But I dont hear any sound. I checked MP postprosessing is enabled. in ffdshow dts+ac3 passthrough is enabled.
    What I see with graphedit, is the 6ch audio gets transormed to 2ch. Tried it in MS DMO decoder and ffdshow. same result. I also fiddled around with the settings of ffdshow.
    disable resampling, 16, 24 and 32 bit, set codecs to libdts/libavcodec/disable for dts/ac3. same result.. stereo sound or no sound. :confused:

What SHOULD be the working settings?

[edit]
    I also tried playing the files in mpc. No joy....

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

edterbak - post a sample, i'm using latest test version too.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

hoborg:

Is there any reason why you chose ffdshow for SPDIF? Why didn't you use AC3-Filter or are both the same and you decided this via coin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom