SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

BTW, if somebody miss it, there is new MP SVN update - in this version, MP TS reader should work now with MPC video decoder for h.264 live TV (and Cyberlink h.264 decoder problem should be fixed too)..

Just two notes about the MPC-HC as H.264 decoder for live or recorded tv

• MPC-HC decoder requires full stream processing capabilities from the GPU (8800 doesn't for example have such). So some older GPUs that have only partial H.264 decoding capabilities are going to work in software mode.
    • There is currently a deadlock bug in MPC-HC decoder side with the seeking in some specific DVB streams (BBC 1080i sample I have is at least triggering that :)). So, please don't report that issue to us :D MPC-HC devs are hopefully able to fix it at some point.
    • Some broadcasted streams (Danish H.264 at least) seem to cause some issues for the MPC-HC H.264 codec. Please use Windows 7 H.264 decoder as a reference before reporting any bugs to MP side. MS's decoder seems to be the most compliant when it comes to different broadcasted DVB streams.

SirShagsalot

Portal Member
    December 17, 2007
    Planet Earth
    Home Country

Hi,

My PC is SD playback only (and music), for a number of reasons it uses a fanless 1GHz VIA EPIA motherboard.

I created small package with Audio/Video filters and Subtitles filter directly for Media Portal - (SAF).
    It is ''all in one'' solution, so no need to install PowerDVD or any other kind of codecspacks (like CCCP), ffdshow, AC3 filter, Nero, etc...

Okay, right now I use MPC-HC as external player in MP, as it gives me hardware acceleration for mpeg video (DVD's etc.), without hardware accelration forget video on this Motherboard (I will eventually switch to something else that fanless IGP, but not much out there takes my current fancy).

Will your filter package allow DXVA for Video in MP using the Via Chipset just like I get with MPC-HC?

Greez S.S.A.L.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

For mpeg4 SAF uses MPC Video Dec.ax which is same codec as MPC-HC. So if you get dxva in MPC-HC you should get dxva in MP video window. For mpeg2 it uses ffdshow codec which doesn't do dxva.

elvis56

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Ive lost sound thru SPidf as well with the latest SAF. Tried setting up AC3 as suggested but I must be missing something because still no sound lol. Hopefully this gets fixed or if someone has a quick guide on how to set up the sound once again with the latest SAF, that would be great..Merry Xmas Happy Holidays

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Ive lost sound thru SPidf as well with the latest SAF. Tried setting up AC3 as suggested but I must be missing something because still no sound lol. Hopefully this gets fixed or if someone has a quick guide on how to set up the sound once again with the latest SAF, that would be great..Merry Xmas Happy Holidays

IF you want ac3 to work, disable the dts/ac3 in the ffdshow codec section. :)

elvis56

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

When installing SAFBeta22 do I still select yes to Passthru during set up ?

thanks

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

I selected no, and took for audio codec now only AC3!

With SAF I have problems to shwo DVDs too! There a litte ca 1 cm stripe is at the bottom of the screen, like tearing!

elvis56

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

ok thanks I will try selecting no. Been at this for pretty much 2 days and no luck. I am getting studdering sound on MP3 2.0 and only 2 speaker output on 5.1.

maybe I should try an earlier SAF because I am having wierd issues. Seems no matter what, FFdhow shows up in the audio decoding process, even with AC3 set in the options as the default. MY video then looks like it's fast forwarding and I get no sound.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

My third reinstall, and again I needed to install AC3Filter to get everything perfect over S/PDIF. It's starting to become a routine. It looks like SAF still isn't ready for S/PDIF.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hi,

My PC is SD playback only (and music), for a number of reasons it uses a fanless 1GHz VIA EPIA motherboard.

I created small package with Audio/Video filters and Subtitles filter directly for Media Portal - (SAF).
    It is ''all in one'' solution, so no need to install PowerDVD or any other kind of codecspacks (like CCCP), ffdshow, AC3 filter, Nero, etc...

Okay, right now I use MPC-HC as external player in MP, as it gives me hardware acceleration for mpeg video (DVD's etc.), without hardware accelration forget video on this Motherboard (I will eventually switch to something else that fanless IGP, but not much out there takes my current fancy).

Will your filter package allow DXVA for Video in MP using the Via Chipset just like I get with MPC-HC?

Greez S.S.A.L.
    SAF is using exactly same decoder for h.264 and VC-1 as MPC-HC player.

My third reinstall, and again I needed to install AC3Filter to get everything perfect over S/PDIF. It's starting to become a routine. It looks like SAF still isn't ready for S/PDIF.

Users confirmed passthrougt as working.
    Maybe latest FFDshow HD audio passthrough broke something, no idea. There is no way how i can try it at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom