SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Aurora13

Portal Pro
November 2, 2006
Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Yeah! SOLVED:

0002069: TsReader is not working properly with MPC-HC H264 codec
0002537: Cyberlink H.264 decoder doesn't work in DXVA mode
:D

hoborg
2010 will start nicely with these problemes solved! Can't wait for the SAF 2010 release! ;)
But first: Thanks for all your SAF work! Merry Christmas to you and al the best for 2010!
Enjoy the holidays with your family and friends!

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Hi hoborg, from my side also a very BIG :D for all your efforts to give us a simple and working solution for MP. Merry christmas to you and all your beloved ones!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

You could install ac3filter and you could switch the post processing from ffdshow -> ac3filter. Then disable all options in ac3filter except for DTS/AC3, and set ac3filter to output spdif, ASIS, PCM Float. This is what i do, However SAF / hoborg recommends not to install ac3filter.

Hoborg, Just for the information for the start of 2010. :)
    I tried kiwijunglist's idea of going back to the ac3 filter as postprocessing. This worked for me instantly. So sound is back 100%. This for me leads to the conclusion ffdshow postprocessing is somehow broken now with recent version.

So for people with an sound problem, which want to use SPDIF passthrough for DTS/AC3, change postprocessing from ffdshow to AC3Filter.

Happy Christmas everybody! :)

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yeah that I did too! Now everything is fine with AC3!

Before ffdaudio wasn't used by DirectShow!

Happy Christmas!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Guys, did you tryed compatibility mode (in FFDShow)?

BTW, did anybody report this problem to FFDshow team?

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hoborg, I am sorry for coming across a little bit blunt in previous post.
    2 Hours ago I updated from saf22test6 to saf22final. Before informing the ffdteam I wanted to upgrade first.
    I tested a lot of settings to get it to work, also ofcourse I tested the compatibillity options. Without luck.
    No change compared to the saftest6 for that matter.
    I now only have time to write a message to you. After the christmas madness, I will take time to report my findings.

Again, sorry for being blunt.
    Regards and ofcourse... Happy Christmas to everyone. :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Hoborg, I am sorry for coming across a little bit blunt in previous post.
    2 Hours ago I updated from saf22test6 to saf22final. Before informing the ffdteam I wanted to upgrade first.
    I tested a lot of settings to get it to work, also ofcourse I tested the compatibillity options. Without luck.
    No change compared to the saftest6 for that matter.
    I now only have time to write a message to you. After the christmas madness, I will take time to report my findings.

Again, sorry for being blunt.
    Regards and ofcourse... Happy Christmas to everyone. :)

No problem :)
    Check FFDshow changelog, there is already some bitstream update (but no idea if it can be related...)

BTW, if somebody miss it, there is new MP SVN update - in this version, MP TS reader should work now with MPC video decoder for h.264 live TV (and Cyberlink h.264 decoder problem should be fixed too)..

mediortal

Portal Member
    July 28, 2009

Looks like FFDShow will be DXVA ready :) ffdshow tryout project : HD audio discussion - Page 32 - Doom9's Forum

DXVA + subtitles in all DirectShow based players, wow...

Yes indeed. Does that mean it could eventually do what mpc does, and can be used for everything?

Anyway, you definitely deserve a break, for continually updating this great addition to MP, and that you reply to almost all questions in this thread!

Have good break and holidays.

And the same to everyone else too.

:D

Terrabyte

Portal Pro
    May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,
    can someone tell me where i can find the SAF 21?
    SAF 22 beta does not work on HD 1920x1080 MKV Videos.

Thanks and of course Merry XMas to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom