SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Passthrough works great for me with both DTS and AC3 when using SPDIF and FFDShow via the latest SAF's. Making sure, of course, that the appropriate settings are made within FFDShow.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Well, I tried everything possible to get it working using ffdshow, nothing does. When I install AC3Filter and just make some changes is works right away. So I'll just do it that way.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

for spdif paththrough is also working fine - remember to add ffdshow to postprocessing

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

I think everybody added ffdshow to postprocessing, the installation remembers to that...

But I don't get ffdshow in this Version to work with passthrough! AC3-Filter works problemless!

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

I think everybody added ffdshow to postprocessing, the installation remembers to that...

But I don't get ffdshow in this Version to work with passthrough! AC3-Filter works problemless!

Exactly, same here! Tried every possible solution in both ffdshow and Mediaportal, nothing worked. Installed AC3Filter and it worked!

TeeTee

Portal Member
    December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Wouldn't it be nice if Vime posted his "appropriate settings made within FFDShow" So everyone can get this working ??????????

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country

Wouldn't it be nice if Vime posted his "appropriate settings made within FFDShow" So everyone can get this working ??????????

Not really, I would simply be writing what is there for all to see on the first page. :)

The appropriate settings are written, with pictures, for everyone to see on the very first page of this thread.

Sometimes you can read posts where hoborg, and others, simply repeat what is written there as it does get overlooked. I'm not suggesting that applies for everyone and if I did anything different at all to the excellent advice given by hoborg then I would have posted it.

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008

ffdshow is for also not working anymore.
    ac3filter works

TeeTee

Portal Member
    December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Ok, Thx for your quick reply! I'll be reading the first page again and again to see what I have possibly missed.

Vimes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2009
    Earth, for now
    Home Country

Ok, Thx for your quick reply! I'll be reading the first page again and again to see what I have possibly missed.

...just a thought. Make sure that under the ffdshow audio configuration, in the section "output", that there is a tick against the audio formats that you wish to pass through.

If you are finding that ffdshow does not pass through DTS or DD then what processing is it then applying to the sound and what is it then outputting it to..? Are you sure of your source material, in that it is recognised as having a DTS etc sound stream..?

I was one of the people who voted against including ffdshow within the SAF's as the AC3 filter worked great for me. However as time and revisions have improved ffdshow it seems to work great for me. With the AC3 filter I used to have to apply 120ms or so delay with a DTS stream, and so not be able to pass it through. However I no longer seem to need to do that with ffdshow. If I did then it is easy to do though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom