SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (14 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

btw - your not using MP 1.1 RC1 because that isn't released yet =)

proppage.dll is part of graphstudio. It is only required for debuging your codecs if you have problems.

SAF Installation procedure:
    -install QT alternative 2.92 (not 3.xx!)if you want to play old MOV files (from cameras for example) - no need for modern MOV with h.264 and modern audio (like Apple trailers),they are fully supported already.

To add support for QuickTime (MOV) format in to MP:
    SAF already have support for modern MOV with h.264 HD video. But if you want to play MOV files from cameras, etc, you need to do folowing:
    -install QuickTime Source DirectShow Filter -no need if SAF is *unlocked*
    -install QuickTime alternative (can be "lite" version) Framework

So you only need to install QT media looks ds filter if you want to play old style .mov files and you are using locked saf.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan

Yeah, thanks, I already did, but was hoping someone would PM me an updated link since his old PM to me has a link that no longer works (404). Save me waiting upwards of 24 hrs (I'm in Australia so the timezones are a bit of a pain)

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hey Hoborg, I'm actually having some DVD playback problems all of a sudden.

1. First of all, when I insert a DVD it starts normally, displaying the menu as it should. When I press the "play now" button however, the audio starts but the image is locked to the menu screen. If I use the Mediaportal menu to change chapter, the video starts displaying normally as well.

2. The worst thing though, is that after playing for maybe 5-10 minutes the screen goes all black. The audio continues to play normally. At this point I can't interrupt playback with any means. I can't reach the desktop nor the MP GUI. I am forced to make a hard reboot.

I would have enclosed logs as usual, but how do I log a problem that results in a BSOD ("Black Screen" in this case)?

elvis56

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Not bure why but unable to play .mkv and certtain mpeg files now with the new RC1. I get an error and then the screen just goes black when I click ok. I set it up as it is shown on the first page.

did a fresh install of newest MP Svn / MP-TVseries and moving pictures with latest 4.00 RC1 (SAF Unlocked)

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009

Hi,
    I have SAF 4.00 beta 8.
    When playing recorded .ts files is Haali Media Splitter used?
    Could I use anther splitter to try?

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I'm having huge amount of sync glitces through a whole movie, see attached picuture. Using SAF23-beta and meidaportal 1.0.4.24923(from about 2nd february). Using EVR render. A bit of info is added. Please tell if you need more.
    The movie i was playing is a mkv maked from one of my dvd's. It has dual audio. Then rest may be seen in the log. I am ware these aren't debug, so if you need them i'll try and make them.. But usually i have to play for a least 10min.
    My setup is visible to the left.

I am unsure weter this is due to codec or the 'buggy' EVR render. So if any MP developer is looking here, have a look :)

Update
    after a lot of testing i found out something was wrong with ffdshow. Using MPHC own codecs played the mkv fine.

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

Hi,

i am using latest SAF beta 23 and i am having a problem playing m2ts files with a dts-ma track in them. I bitstream DTS to my receiver via optical. I can't open the file, when i click i go immediately back to MP. In MPC it plays the video with no sound, but after i select the normal DTS track i do get sound (i do have to press skip in MPC before sound starts again). But in MP i don't get a chance to select an other track.
    I included a log file just in case.

Support for bluray is still pretty average. Consider putting it in an mkv container as discussed here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/bd-rip-iso-no-subtitles-70448/index2.html

You'd then be able to switch audio tracks with your remote (or just mux the streams you want into the mkv).

What are your video player settings in MP?

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Thanks guys for your tips, the thing is that everything else works very well with my onboard 8300 (MKV's 1080p, SD TV etc), the only issue is the HDTV part. But I find it strange that when playing a HDTV recording with Windows mediaplayer it plays flawless and within MP the same recording is choppy, just like live HDTV. Any Ideas why? And doesn't that indicate that my GPU is powerfull enough (since it plays perfect with WMP)?

Sorry for all my (silly) questions, but this issue is so frustrating and I just want to fix this before the Olympics :)

Is there a setting in the driver that could make the low fps problem better?

My Cabelprovider is Canal Digital, and my TV is a Full HD TV, the refreshrate in windows is set to 50Hz.

You GPU is not slow for HDTV, it is slow for MP...
    I bet you will have no problem in GB-PVR :/

Then I've ordered this baby : msi n220gt-md1gz

Crossing my fingers that LIVE HDTV finally will run smooth as silk... Thanks for all your help guys!

Jaybeam

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Till yesterday for some strange reason I was able to play m2ts files with pgs subs and multiple audiotracks. But now i can't anymore. Subs are gone and I can't switch audio neighter.
    I tried with uninstalling Haali(ts support disabled), mpc Mpegsplitter and reinstall everything as it should, but no go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom