SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

HTPC2010

Portal Pro
January 10, 2010
Re: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

No you dont integrade scripts, you integrade Avisynth!
If i install Avisynth - Standalone, than i have to install scripts for the function iof avisynth. But i cant install any scripts in SAF cause i have no path were i can install!

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country

What are you trying to do with avisynth? Some sort of post processing?

avisynth basically just takes video streams and processes them. I think it would be more a question of integrating avisynth into the player (ie Mediaportal) than into the codec pack (SAF).

HTPC2010

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2010
    AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Sure, i want try to do postprocessing.
    I think SAF has avisynth already installed..?

If i install all by myself i do this on this way:
    Install FFDShow, than install avisynth, install scripts for avisynth (special dll´s to the plugin-folder of avisynth) and than i write the lines into the avisynth-window on ffdshow.
    I know it works, ive try it by myself - but i need the SAF-codecs!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

HTPC2010
    Acording FFDShow thread, avisynth was broken. They fixed it in latest FFDShow revision.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v4.00beta (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (MPEG2, H.264 and VC-1).

Sure, i want try to do postprocessing.
    I think SAF has avisynth already installed..?

If i install all by myself i do this on this way:
    Install FFDShow, than install avisynth, install scripts for avisynth (special dll´s to the plugin-folder of avisynth) and than i write the lines into the avisynth-window on ffdshow.
    I know it works, ive try it by myself - but i need the SAF-codecs!

OK, I get that, but what does avisynth bring to the table for the average MP user?

dacore944

Portal Member
    June 12, 2007

Hi,

i am using latest SAF beta 23 and i am having a problem playing m2ts files with a dts-ma track in them. I bitstream DTS to my receiver via optical. I can't open the file, when i click i go immediately back to MP. In MPC it plays the video with no sound, but after i select the normal DTS track i do get sound (i do have to press skip in MPC before sound starts again). But in MP i don't get a chance to select an other track.
    I included a log file just in case.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    blu ray subtitle

Hi All,

I'm using the last SAF unlocked and a "on the fly DVD decryptor". When I select the *.m2ts file it runs smooth and sound is also perfect (thnks Hoborg!).

But still one question left, because I havent any menu's. I would like to get subtitling running as well.

Can somebody give me some pointers how to do that?

John

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    unwanted side effects -> Preview in TSDoctor doesn't work!

Hi hoborg!

For cutting my .ts recordings i use TSDoctor and it works great! But after the installation of "saf400 beta23 test6", Preview in TSDoctor is broken! After uninstalling SAF, preview of TSDoctor is working fine! But i need both, SAF and TSDoctor!

Could you please help!

Helios

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    COnfusing pop-up

Trying to install SAF 4.00 RC1 on a totally virgin system (Windows 7 with Windows Update having updated everything it could), MP 1.1 RC1 [Edit: Oops, I mean Beta!]. No codecs installed.

I'm rebuilding my htpc and I don't have the SAF unlock details any more (I had the PM message but the link it includes is now a 404 error). Can't remember what file I have to have in my c:\ root either. Hints appreciated via PM while I'm awaiting a response.

Anyway, I've installed SAF before but I always get confused about this pop-up. Exactly what am I supposed to do with all this info? It appears that possibly I hav to install "proppage.dll" and MediaLooks QT Source direct show filter but I don't understand why it doesn't just tell me that.

The pop-up just before this one told me to install QT Alternative, so I did. Then it told me that my DirectX was out of date and gave me a link. I downloaded the DirectX Feb update but when I run it it fails with general error, pointing me to the directx.log file in c:\windows. That log doesn't show any errors other than to point out that all my existing files are newer than the ones being installed and thus nothing got updated. So that tells me that the SAF installation program is mistaken - I do NOT need to update DirectX.

Anyway, just a suggestion, but it would help new users if this pop-up (below) either:
    - had an explanation at the top that said that this is just "FYI" info for those people interested in the internal versions of their system (most won't be)
    - didn't include anything other than errors, with explanations as to what action is required, or
    - highlighted in bold the important information.

I'll try to figure out what "proppage.dll" is and why it's not mentioned in the first post of this thread, and for that matter why "MediaLooks QT Source direct show filter" isn't mentioned either.

At any rate, this pop-up is confusing and generates a lot of unanswerable questions, such as "why aren't these things simply included as options in the installation package?"

Dir

Confusing.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom