SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi mrspock,
    You will need the "unlocked" version to select the CyberLink Video Decoder.
    Please reread the first post to find out how to get it.

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You will need the "unlocked" version to select the CyberLink Video Decoder.
    Please reread the first post to find out how to get it.

Thanks for your help. In fact I don't know if I want/need it or not... :confused:
    But what I meant is just that the screen-shot should be changed as CyberLink is not included in "standard" SAF 4, but in the "unlocked" SAF 4. The screen-shots seems to be for the "standard" version and could cause missunderstandings to readers with no knowledge about the big codecs world (like me)...

MrSpock

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Hi

is it possible to enable dxva for powerdvd 9 for h264 and disable dxva for mpeg?

(does the mp-config tab "powerdvd" have any influence when saf 4 is installed?)

Because powerdvd9 codec is the best codec for my system, but only sd tv without dxva and hdtv with dxva (because of cpu)

cu

cubii

MPM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Stuttering edges with live TV (SD)

Hi,

Have been using XP and MP 1.1.0 BETA with SAF for a while now with no problems.
    Upgraded few days ago to Windows 7, MP 1.1.0 RC3 and SAF 4.0 (unlocked). Fresh install and everything went smoothly...

The issue I'm having now is that edges are stuttering when watching live SD TV. It's especially visible around upper and lower frame edges and with dark subtitle edges. It happens both with PDVD, ffdshow and Microsoft's codec, but it does not happen with MPC (Gabest). No issues with HD TV or videos and DVD:s...

Any advice?

Thanks,
    MPM

Tuxon86

June 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I tried to use the "search this thread" function but either I'm too dumb or I can't phrase it correctly...

Does this codec pack enable TrueHD and DTS-MA bitstreaming with ATI 5xxx card. I mean does it permit passthrough of those HD audio track?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I tried to use the "search this thread" function but either I'm too dumb or I can't phrase it correctly...

Does this codec pack enable TrueHD and DTS-MA bitstreaming with ATI 5xxx card. I mean does it permit passthrough of those HD audio track?

Use SAF 5 for HD audio.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me... I'm a little puzzled :(

I'm running RC3, with SAF4 unlocked (no passthru) with Reclock.

For a change its not video related :D

I have FFDShow audio configured not to passthru anything, and to upscale to 5.1+LFE to my surround sound system (via spdif). This works great with TV and Movies (with reclock)

My surround system is set to "auto decode".

I have just tried to play some music (first time in ages). Previously i upscaled my music to 5.1 (was upscaled by the same settings/config that handle the upscaling on TV/Movies - this worked great), but now my old sony surround sound system is only reporting it is stereo with subwoofer (ie not full 5.1) - Previously I didn't have reclock, and I had passthru configured for DTS, etc.

If I bypass MePo and play some music in Graphstudio, it shows MEPG-1 Stream splitter, feeding into ffdshow audio decoder, and then out to Default Directsound device - so all this looks good.

If I check the properties of the ffdshow audio decoder, it shows the input pin as 2 channel, and the output pin as 6 channel. So in theory it is upscaling.

If I check the properites of the DirectSound device, it is reporting 6 channel.

If I force my surround sound system to Dolby Prologic II, then I get 5.1.

The thing that is puzzling me, is the fact that TV and Movies work ok, the surround system automatically detects the signal as Dolby Digital 5.1 and handles it - The only difference here is that the renderer is Reclock, and not the default directsound device.

Please help :D

J.

Me again...

After further "playing", if build a new manual graph, using Reclock instead of the Default Directsound Device, then I get 5.1 working.

So it looks like reclock (or something) has altered/prevented my default directsound device handling 5.1????

The only problem I then have, is from within MePo - is that Reclock is not a valid selection option under Music options.

Instead, I have set the player to "Internal dshow player", and then chose the "Digital Audio (S/PDIF) High Def Audio Device" -

The original issue was that I couldn't get the BASS player to upscale. :(

All this to fudge the music to play on all my speakers! Audiophiles will be turning in their graves! :D

J.

kiwi1342

Portal Member
    May 27, 2010
    Hi, I have a big problem. I can't watch .mkv properly. I am watching an hd 1080p file and I get some pixelated scene. I tried using graph Studio and it looks perfect. I configured the .mkv video as shows in the first post. What could be the problem of this?

Thanks

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Is anyone using a core i3 with the embedded Intel HD graphics?

I'm getting poor quality video with h264 mkv's where it looks a bit like there isn't enough colour depth and that the contrast/brightness seems to constantly shift. This happens in MP and WMP, but the same file looks fine in MPC-HC

It's running RC2 and SAF 4 final (unlocked) with the latest drivers from intel.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

On a similar theme to a previous question....

I am runing SAF4, with PDVD selected for both SD and HD TV.

Is there a way to disabling DXVA for just HD ?

Thanks,

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom