SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

yes - just chose a non-dxva h.264-codec in the video-codec section of the
    Media-Portal Configuration ... (like divx.h264 ...)

have fun.. :)

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

well if your hardware IS dxva i don't understand why u won't use it :)

cubii

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    no my problem is the other way round: With dxva and powerdvd9 : sd-Tv looks bad, hdtv looks good.

With dxva disabled and powerdvd, sd tv is good and hdtv is bad (or needs more cpu power).

Any other codec does not work as good as powerdvd...

And in the Mediaportal settings, there is a tap for powerdvd, and there is the possibility to selectively disable /enable dxva for hd or sd content.. So i think there was sometime possible to use it like i want (but dont know if this is a problem of saf ore something else..)

cubii

CrazyChris

Portal Member
    December 20, 2006

I have some FullHD h.264 videos decoded with the baseline profile. DXVA seems not to work with these videos. (no hardware accelation with Radeon HD 4550) Is that a bug?

Sys: MP 1.1 RC4, SAF 4.00

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HD .mkv is not working!

Hi hoborg!

What must i do, to get this file (Sample -> Link) to work! In Graphstudio playback hangs in the first seconds with heavy stuttering (same in MP)! The source file (.m2ts) from blu-ray doesn't work too! SAF-Logs and MediaInfo are attached!

Best regards

Helios

Attachments

• SAF-Downloaded.rar
      24.2 KB

CrazyChris

Portal Member
    December 20, 2006

VC-1... ;-)

I have the same problem with SAF 4.00. (no DXVA, heavy stuttering, CPU is @ 100%)

VC-1 works with SAF 5.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

VC-1... ;-)

I have the same problem with SAF 4.00. (no DXVA, heavy stuttering, CPU is @ 100%)

VC-1 works with SAF 5.

I have tried SAF 5.0 last week and got a lot of issues with playback of many files! Playback with SAF 4 is working fine, except this VC-1 :-(!

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I have managed to fix this in the past...but Vodka has been consumed since... :D

I am using Online videos plugin, but trying to use FFDShow Audio to "upscale" to 5.1.

At the moment the graph is showing AAC audio.

I am trying to get FFDshow to handle AAC. I have enabled AAC support from within FFDshow, but the Monogram AAC codec is being used.

I cant remember what I did to change this?? (FFShow Audio is selected from within MePo)

Could it be Merits? (sure I never altered this before). It doesn't seem what I do, it only wants to use Monogram Codec.
    :(

Thanks,

J.

ps - You might have seen from another of my posts, I am missing the "advanced config options" for the Codecs section from within MePo config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom