SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Re: AW: Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-

Hi.
*.movsd should work, just make sure you have latest QT alternative Lite installed.

Can you post small AVI sample of problematic video?

Hi hoborg,

thanks for your reply. I got it working. I had to uninstall and reinstall saf and quicktime alternative. Now it works. Great! Any idea how to remove the medialooks logo in the upper left corner on these .movsd files now?

In SAF5 there is no logo...

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

hi hoborg

just got a question - i am think around and about a smal problem a friend of mine got:

i think i installed SAF4 few month ago -
    all fine - he use a 5.1 system - but no signals to the sub-woofer -
    only the 5 Satelite systems work ...
    when he use a "Normal" sat reciever - he has 5.1 (inclu. Subwoofer)

problem is:
    this friend is about 100 km away and HE has no knowledge
    about computers (a real and only "user" of MePo)
    so couse these 100 km'S i just can't look short whats wrong -

have an idea ?
    maybe i did something wrong @ FFC audio-decoder or so?
    couse i think i didn't have choosen wrong output format @ hardware side (MoBo)

thanks

arual

Portal Member
    July 30, 2008
    MALAGA
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hi, i just installed saf 4.0 unlocked version but i cant get the ciberlink codecs on the MediaPortal config on tv setup.

any help, please.

there is a problem with the autoDL unlocking saf (unlocking saf unsucesfull).

any option to unlock offline?

i tried this but the link to the file is not working

Since "saf500svn100623.exe" SAF5 can be *unlocked* in offline mode too. Just download and place "g5008" (01.10.2010) file (without any extesion!!!) in to same directory as SAFxxx.exe and reinstall SAF.

thanks

glsf91

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use SAF4 without any problems.
    Now I want to use totalmedia theatre 3 to play bluray (with menu) and experiment with 3D (maybe powerdvd 10 also).
    (on windows 7 64bit and MP 1.1.1)

I'am a little afraid of messing up my MP with good working SAF4.

Do others have experience with this ?

@Hoborg: Can tell me something about this ?

Thanks.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I use SAF4 without any problems.
    Now I want to use totalmedia theatre 3 to play bluray (with menu) and experiment with 3D (maybe powerdvd 10 also).
    (on windows 7 64bit and MP 1.1.1)

I'am a little afraid of messing up my MP with good working SAF4.

Do others have experience with this ?

@Hoborg: Can tell me something about this ?

Thanks.

Sorry, no idea...

fnokke

Portal Member
    February 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I have a problem which is probably not directly related to SAF but rather MediaPortal scaling up to my fullHD resolution, but it seems that there is a chance that the readers of this thread have good knowledge about the general problem of video quality so I give it a shot. I run SAF v4 on MP 1.1.1 with latest StreamedMP skin in 1920x1080. The problem I have is that when I watch SD-tv/video/series I get a very pixely picture and it feels almost like a milky whitish filter on the video. SAF is setup in the standard way as described in this thread.

I have tried two things to confirm that indeed this has to do with MP upscaling. 1) the quality is perfect when I open the same SD-resolution .ts-file with MPC-HC and maximize it (i.e. scale it up to 1080x1980 which is screen resolution) 2) the quality is perfect when I start MP in windowed (i.e. not fullscreen).

I have tried to search the forums and look through MP configuration but have not found any setting for this. Does anybody know how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Fnokke

(I attached the graph studio file from windowed mode)

After realizing that picture quality was great on the same content in TV-Series plugin I switched TV-codec to ffdshow (the recommended was PDVD9 on first page I believe). This solved the problem for me.

However, after switching to ffdshow video codec, audio is out of sync (by about 1 sec or so). Can this be fixed, or is it a known error in SAF 4 (ffdshow or splitter) and that the way to go is to upgrade to SAF 5?

Is it possible that PDVD9 codec produces a picture that scales badly from SD to 1080p. In any case ffdshow was the way to go for me.

Henric-a

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi hoborg,

i've just installed the latest version of SAF 4.00. I tried that some month ago(see post 4996 an following) and now i got quite the same problem i had when i tried another new version then 4.00 beta21test2. That one worked fine for me.

With the new version i have the problem that i cant here any sound when im using the Sound Device coming from my ATI Graphic card, which is connected to my plasma tv via HDMI cable.

I tried different configurations. When i activate SPDIF and i switch to my onboard sound card, that one is connected to my external dolby/dts decoder with an optical cable, i here the sound perfectly. Switching to the ATI sound card to here the sound on my TV the sound in MP is mute, playing the same file outside of MP with the same player i have a noise i cant say in words, its like a never ending stuttering.

When i deactivate SPDIF in FDDSHOW configuration, i can here the sound of one type of my files(i guess they have ac3/dolby sound) but have the same problem(stuttering sound outside of MP/mute inside of MP) with my mkv files (dts sound i guess). And here is the strange thing, when i now switch my sound device to my external decoder, the sound is fine, for me it seems, that SPDIF isnt deactivated really.

I know we talked about like i've said above, my TV has NO decoder inside i'm pretty sure. With the old version of SAF 4.00 everything works perfectly, i dont have to switch on/off SPDIF in FDDSHOW configuration, strange issue i know.

Hope for your help.

Thanks
    Henric

Henric-a

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So,

i've tried diffent things. I resibtalled the old version and still got the same problem. Now i go back to an 2 weeks old image and the problem isn't there. So it must be a configuration. I try to compare al relevant configurations, only diffenrence i can point out is, that in mpc i have ticked all internal filters in my good configuration. Cuz my main problem(mp4 files a asynchron sometimes) wont be fixed with the new SAF version i stay on my old configuration and be happy. Maybe i try that thing with the internal filters and the final versions those days.

Henric

rusko

Portal Member
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

I have a weird problem on the TV-Server configurator: the TV Preview doesn't show anything (the window stays white) but audio is OK. I made some tests and:
    - removing drivers SAF4.00 preview is OK (but everything else not OK)
    - installing driver SAF4.00 preview is NO OK (but everything else is OK)
    - Preview window stays empty but audio is OK
    - Timeshift file is OK (I can open it with MPC and audio/video are OK)

Enclosed files: Logs and Graph.

Probably is a old, well-known problem... is there any solution?

Best Regards,
    Rusko

Attachments

• Graph.jpg
      Graph.jpg
      6.1 KB
    • Graph.rar
      1.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom