SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Got a strange problem playing recordings.

I only get sound and no video.
    When I open the file in VLC Player everything is working fine, in MPC-HC only sound is playing.

When I use GraphStudio it only finds audio.

Any idea how I can solve this or things I can try?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,

I have a weird problem on the TV-Server configurator: the TV Preview doesn't show anything (the window stays white) but audio is OK. I made some tests and:
    - removing drivers SAF4.00 preview is OK (but everything else not OK)
    - installing driver SAF4.00 preview is NO OK (but everything else is OK)
    - Preview window stays empty but audio is OK
    - Timeshift file is OK (I can open it with MPC and audio/video are OK)

Enclosed files: Logs and Graph.

Probably is a old, well-known problem... is there any solution?

Best Regards,
    Rusko
    That is known SAF+MePo problem, just ignore it (until MePo defne video renderer instead of using default one).

rusko

Portal Member
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    [...] just ignore it (until MePo defne video renderer instead of using default one).

Ok, thanks. Do you know in which release this feature will be included?
    Btw I never had this problem with XP; is it related to win7 or win7x64?

Thanks again,
    Rusko

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    [...] just ignore it (until MePo defne video renderer instead of using default one).

Ok, thanks. Do you know in which release this feature will be included?
    Btw I never had this problem with XP; is it related to win7 or win7x64?

Thanks again,
    Rusko

I have no idea if this will be ever changed on MePo side...
    You can tune you channels and install SAF - no problem.

djludo75

Portal Member
    September 29, 2009
    SAF 4.0, Mediaportal = VirtualDub cannot find XVID Codec !

Hello,

Tried hard to find an answer on the web... I have SAF 4.0 Unlocked and Mediaportal 1.1.2 installed. It Rocks !!! Works perfectly.

I need to use Virtual Dub (v1.9.10) to manipulate some avi files (join 2 avi together).

As virtual Dub comes with no codecs, it searches on the PC VFW (Video For Windows) compatible codecs (such as the ones from divx.com) when openning any avi. And it says there is no codec installed on the PC !

This is wrong, as you know SAF installed all needed codecs.

Do you have an idea ? Is it safe to add extra codec ??? thanks for your answers....

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: SAF 4.0, Mediaportal = VirtualDub cannot find XVID Codec !

Hello,

Tried hard to find an answer on the web... I have SAF 4.0 Unlocked and Mediaportal 1.1.2 installed. It Rocks !!! Works perfectly.

I need to use Virtual Dub (v1.9.10) to manipulate some avi files (join 2 avi together).

As virtual Dub comes with no codecs, it searches on the PC VFW (Video For Windows) compatible codecs (such as the ones from divx.com) when openning any avi. And it says there is no codec installed on the PC !

This is wrong, as you know SAF installed all needed codecs.

Do you have an idea ? Is it safe to add extra codec ??? thanks for your answers....

Use MKV merge to join multiple files and save them as one MKV. It is much better then AVI.

nd4spdbh

Portal Member
    October 27, 2007
    I gotta say... THANK YOU SO MUCH, i finally dont have any problems with stuttering playback of 24p content due to audio sync issues. using SAF 5.

My only concern is the fact that now all my vids (mkv h.264) that have DTS or DTS HD audio, all show up as dolby digital now on my receiver (SPDIF passthrough) ... and its not because there are multiple audio tracks on these MKV's... only one thats DTS or DTSHD.

Why is this?

EDIT - and its not just a fluke at the reciever. I disabled Dolby Digital in supported fomats under my SPDIF out in playback devices (leaving only DTS) and i got no audio, as it was not outputting a DTS stream from the source.

EDIT 2- i tried enabling DTS and DTS-HD pass through on the output section of FFDShow, but video playback just crashes.... the video never plays.

nd4spdbh

Portal Member
    October 27, 2007
    I would also like to note that what ever encoding is going on to take the DTS stream to Dolby Digital is messing with sound levels... the center channel becomes WAY to loud and all the satellites become almost non existent.

I would really love to get SPDIF pass through of DTS and DTS HD/MA ... yes i clicked YES during the install at the spdif passthrough part.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

dakotapod

March 2, 2010
    I'm sorry but this codec pack is just rubbish. Its bloated to no end and renders many standard video files problematic.

Shark or community is more then enough. This pack destroyed my whole audio video system. Took me hours to clean it out.

The reason there are 1000 posts with problems is the pack is heavily flawed. Before you try messing with this just try shark007. In 3 minutes you will have all the audio and video playback you want. Again, sorry. But this is just a mess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom