SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
hi,

im currently using the SAF 3.30 (+ DXVA deaktivation from 3.42) with catalyst 9.2 (need the HW-deinterleacing) an my videocard HD4550.

SD picture is great, but HD content stutters a bit. is there a way to check if there are framedrops or something like that? my HTPC is runnig a Athlon BE-2400

Look at the first post. Run MP in windowed mode and check it with graphstudio. If the video is poorly encoded it may not support dxva. enjoy!

Monchi

Portal Pro
January 7, 2008
dxva is deactivated by the registry patch which is included in the saf 3.42 package. i did that because many of my videos arent encoded properly + with dxva i only get a black picture (caused by the catalyst version 9.2 which im used to use to get the hardware deinterlacing for my mpeg movies).

is there a way to proof that my cpu is powerful enough to do the decoding in softwaremode? the video is 720p and the cpu utilization is around 70% during playback

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ever since I got this package (and uninstalled all other codecs, as advised), I have a strange problem. Some of my videos have no voices, but only background stuff. So when you play the file, you hear everything, except voices.
Now I've found it this occurs on files with the WMA3 audio codec. The files worked fine before I installed this.

What should I do to solve this? I'm afraid to install any codec pack, afraid of messing up my Mediaportal codec setup.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Ever since I got this package (and uninstalled all other codecs, as advised), I have a strange problem. Some of my videos have no voices, but only background stuff. So when you play the file, you hear everything, except voices.
Now I've found it this occurs on files with the WMA3 audio codec. The files worked fine before I installed this.

What should I do to solve this? I'm afraid to install any codec pack, afraid of messing up my Mediaportal codec setup.

Check Graphstudio - is MPA used as audio decoder?
I bet xou will see windows wma audio decoder - wich have nothing to do with SAF.

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hmm, yes, it does. But how do I change it to MPA, or fix it in any other way?

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Okay, but what can I do to solve my voices problem??? Do I make MPA default for WMA tracks, or do I have to configure something within Mediaportal?

EDIT: Okay, i solved it by adding the WMA thing in the post-processing tab. Still thanks :)

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

I had this problem with my first setup. I had the audio setup wrong. I was trying to setup spdif audio and I think MPA was set to stereo for AC3 and PCM. so it was outputting the audio wrong and the center channel on my receiver wasn't getting the info properly. I started up a movie and could hear all the music but no voices. :)

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    Hmm, PowerDVD9 out - need to investigate...

... and while you are as me investigating: do you see a possibility in using the TruTheater-Goodies (upscaling, sharpening, natural motion etc) in Mediaportal? As far as i know thise setting don't apply to Directsho-usage right? would be too bad though.

So Far these option are greyed out for me anyways, no matter if try to play a DVD or a .ts file. Have to check it all out properly when i'm home this evening...

EDIT: these are the settings for CLVSD/Mediaportal in the registry, doesnt look like it's helping though:

Attachments

• Mediaportal_Pdvd reg.jpg
      Mediaportal_Pdvd reg.jpg
      36.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom