SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

Schwabe78

Portal Member
April 22, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Mackey,

which resolution do you mean? The desktop resoltion? If yes, i used 1920x1080 for the Full HD....or dir i get the sam results with 1280x720? I mean in the quality for movies?

best regards

Schwabe

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
OH MY GOD.

First I thought you were a big fat lier, I've been on Vista and Windows 7; both had their issues. On Vista my blacks where gray on Windows 7 my videos runned choppy. I did got around some issues with the use of Reclock. So I jumped on the wagon installed the old XP, followed your guide to the letter and what the hell! Everything runs smooth like butter. Colours are vivid and great, blacks are truly black and even the movie seeking is instant without choppiness of retracing the audio. Even DTS and AC3 works great with only FFdshow as audio codec.

I can only say: Thank you man, thanks allot.

ps: SAF said I didn't had the latest PowerDVD filter but I downloaded the latest available trail I could get, how is it possible to get a newer version of the filter?

What can i say? ...i told you from begin :)

Just *unlock* SAF and do not care anymore...

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Mackey,

which resolution do you mean? The desktop resoltion? If yes, i used 1920x1080 for the Full HD....or dir i get the sam results with 1280x720? I mean in the quality for movies?

best regards

Schwabe
    Yup the desktop resolution. My system do not perform with EVR in 1920x1080 but only with 1280x720. Accordingly I have been forced to run in 720p to use EVR. If I want to run 1080p I have to use VMR9, else the quality of video is terribly.

cheers
    mackey

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hi

@hoborg: I tried it with blue 3 and i have the sam problems :-(

@mackey: Thanks for the tip, the problem is gone when i switch to EVR but the perfomance is horable. I got tearing effects and so on :-(!

Maybe somebody has an idea? Or a settings for EVR working good with Windows 7?

best regards

Schwabe

Try to update GPU drivers and DirectX.

VMR9 is not supported anylonger by MP...

What? Where did you read that???

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Hoborg,

I installed the latest beta of SAF on Vista Home Premium SP2 and for AC3 audio the Microsoft built in decoder was taking preference over the AC3filter decoder. I had to unregister the decoder (could have lowered the merit i suppose) to get it to decode with the AC3filter.

Hi.
    Can you send me filename?
    I can add auto unregister in to SAF (i do not have Vista installed).

Hi Hoborg,

It's in \Windows\System32\ and it's called msmpeg2adec.dll :D

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hi Hoborg,

I installed the latest beta of SAF on Vista Home Premium SP2 and for AC3 audio the Microsoft built in decoder was taking preference over the AC3filter decoder. I had to unregister the decoder (could have lowered the merit i suppose) to get it to decode with the AC3filter.

Hi.
    Can you send me filename?
    I can add auto unregister in to SAF (i do not have Vista installed).

Hi Hoborg,

It's in \Windows\System32\ and it's called msmpeg2adec.dll :D

Added :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom