SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
Hey just noticed in your sig... Amiga? You are my kind of guy. :D

zilexa

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@ hoborg:

in your first post you advise to install Quicktime Alternative and your link also goes to the Quicktime Alternative page.
But Alternative isn't necessary right? QTLite is enough for MediaPortal since it doesn't contain MPC (and everyone already has MPC-HC probably).

QT Lite

btw codecguide is the official site of alternative and lite.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
@ hoborg:

in your first post you advise to install Quicktime Alternative and your link also goes to the Quicktime Alternative page.
But Alternative isn't necessary right? QTLite is enough for MediaPortal since it doesn't contain MPC (and everyone already has MPC-HC probably).

QT Lite

Not true!

Click on you link and read firs line: "QT Lite is a trimmed down version of QuickTime that contains only the essential components needed for playing QuickTime content that is embedded in web pages."

If you do not like MPC player, then do not install it, but you need QTalternative to play not standard MOV from cameras, etc.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Codecguide.com said:
QT Lite is a trimmed down version of QuickTime that contains only the essential components needed for playing QuickTime content that is embedded in web pages.
So that will only enable you to play files in a webbrowser. Not sure either if alternative would cut it if you have Medialooks filters installed though.

----EDIT----

Hoborg beat me to it :) :D for the proper explanation!

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Medialooks filter is only "bridge" between QT components and DirectShow, it cannot work without QuickTime components (installed by original Quicktime player or QT alternative).

zilexa

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@ hoborg:

QT Lite

Not true!

Click on you link and read firs line: "QT Lite is a trimmed down version of QuickTime that contains only the essential components needed for playing QuickTime content that is embedded in web pages."

If you do not like MPC player, then do not install it, but you need QTalternative to play not standard MOV from cameras, etc.

Yes indeed, but if you read a little bit further on that same page:

"QT Lite contains exactly the same components as QuickTime Alternative. The ONLY difference between the two packs is that QT Lite does not contain Media Player Classic." :p

WindsorTheater

Portal Pro
October 1, 2009
Installed SAF latest beta, QT alternative, PowerDVD9..

Have a couple of questions:

1) when playing WMV content FFDSHOW is being used for video... don't really care but I thought this was supposed to be microsoft internal decoder. How do I configure to use the MS DMO?

2) FFDSHOW setting accessed via shortcut in SAF program menu DO NOT reflect or effect actual FFDSHOW settings when processing video. The only way I can change FFDSHOW settings is to wait until video is running and click tray icon. Very weird. Same thing for DVD post processing- FFDSHOW settings in MediaPortal do not actually impact the FFDSHOW settings when playing a DVD. It's like there's a separate set of FFDSHOW settings beingreferenced?? Should I reinstall?

3) Can anyone recommend how to get dolby digital (5.1) for WMV (specifically gametrailers streaming HD)? Right now I'm only getting stereo. I'm using SPDIF to a AV receiver and I setup ffdshow audio decoder to 5.1 for AAC but (but I never see FFDSHOW audio decoder in windows tray for WMV so I'm sure it's not being used). Any suggestions?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Installed SAF latest beta, QT alternative, PowerDVD9..

Have a couple of questions:

1) when playing WMV content FFDSHOW is being used for video... don't really care but I thought this was supposed to be microsoft internal decoder. How do I configure to use the MS DMO?

2) FFDSHOW setting accessed via shortcut in SAF program menu DO NOT reflect or effect actual FFDSHOW settings when processing video. The only way I can change FFDSHOW settings is to wait until video is running and click tray icon. Very weird. Same thing for DVD post processing- FFDSHOW settings in MediaPortal do not actually impact the FFDSHOW settings when playing a DVD. It's like there's a separate set of FFDSHOW settings beingreferenced?? Should I reinstall?

3) Can anyone recommend how to get dolby digital (5.1) for WMV (specifically gametrailers streaming HD)? Right now I'm only getting stereo. I'm using SPDIF to a AV receiver and I setup ffdshow audio decoder to 5.1 for AAC but (but I never see FFDSHOW audio decoder in windows tray for WMV so I'm sure it's not being used). Any suggestions?

1) START nemu, SAF, enable MS DMO decoder (not on Win7) - bud you wont be able to play gametrailers after that.
2) FFDshow have 2 profiled one for MPEG-2, default for rest - so maybe you are changing bad profile or you are not logged as admin.
3) WMV is decoded by MS DMO audio decoder. You need to add AC3 filter to MP postprocessing, so MS audio decoder decode audio to PCM and AC3 filter encode it to AC3 and passtrough it to SPDIF. Same with AAC.

WhyTea

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    how I can play BD's ?

Hello!
    I am using SAF quite a long time now and I'm very pleased with it.
    Yesterday I've bought me a Bluray-Rom but I can't play BD's with my MP.
    Please help I have no idea were's the problem cause pdvd8 plays the BD's fine

thx
    WhyTea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom