SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Is it possible to get DTS-MA and TRUE-HD passthrough HDMI to my receiver with this pack? I have a Xonar HDAV 1.3.

Try this patch: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...2-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/index325.html#post524200

And report please :)

Ok tried SAF.

DTS-MA didn't work. It just stated DTS on my display of my receiver. And yes I edited the pass.reg. Couldn"t test TRUE-HD, because mediaportal crashed when loading a movie (Fracture.m2ts). Sample didn't load in moving pictures.

Also I had the following problem: Everything that was Mpeg 2 ran verry choppy. I tried DVD and Live TV.

Any solutions?

Thx

Did you tryed FFDShow video decoder for DVD?

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
Beta19test4 installed fine, but beta19 gave me error messages about not supporting my os (win7pro). Haven't tried it out yet, working on my setup. Anyways, i attach logs...

SAF only support EN and US versions of Win7 - what version do you have?

I know, i use English with Norwegian language pack. But it's been working perfect until beta19. Although, it seems to work ok despite the error message, haven't checked with GraphStudio yet. I'll post if i find anything worth mentioning ;)

And i have to add, god damn SD LiveTV looks much better now after last setup in Win7 :D
EDIT: And i'm 2-3 meters from a 52" lcd ^^

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Use EVR on Vista/Win7. VMR9 is for WinXP.

Your LOG seems to be OK.
    Did you tryed connect graphstudio and see if correct decoders are really in use?

Here are the graphs I got, seems to be a difference, but I don't know why. Any Ideas?

It seems like the one on the left is using VMR and on the right EVR.
    Is the one on the left the graph from Media player? Maybe you need to set MediaPortal to use VMR instead.
    Is Aero enabled in Windows? Did you run the Performance index thing (I think it needs to run before it will enable Aero)?

Yes, the left one is WMP and it uses VMR, while in MP it uses EVR. The strange thing is that in window mode the video is smooth even in MP (with EVR), it's only in full screen that the stuttering occurs, VMR in full screen shows no stutter :/ Aero is enabled.

What is the difference between EVR and WMR, is one better than the other, and why should I use EVR with win7?

BTW - Thank you both sjeffrey and hoborg :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Ok tried SAF.

DTS-MA didn't work. It just stated DTS on my display of my receiver. And yes I edited the pass.reg. Couldn"t test TRUE-HD, because mediaportal crashed when loading a movie (Fracture.m2ts). Sample didn't load in moving pictures.

Also I had the following problem: Everything that was Mpeg 2 ran verry choppy. I tried DVD and Live TV.

Any solutions?

Thx

Did you tryed FFDShow video decoder for DVD?

Yes, no luck

But my main concern is to get DTS-MA and TRUE-HD working!

chamtl

October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    div3 and xvid

Hi,

I have saf400beta18 and MP 1.1.0 Beta1 installed. But I have some files that cant play in MP. I can play them in Media player clasic. I can see that the codec they are using is div3 and xvid.

Should I be able to play them in MP. If yes, what should I do.

Thanks

/Claus

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello... I've just made a fresh installation of Windows XP SP3, MediaPortal and SAF beta 19 to try and avoid a problem I had and I mentioned before a couple of times. Not only I still have the same problem, but I got now a new one :)

I mentioned the first problem a few posts ago and provided a sample :

Hi again... I've uploaded a sample of one file I'm having trouble with, as I told before in post #3174. Would any of you be so kind to test it? I'm quite sure I was able to play it under beta 17 but now under beta 18 I simply get a blank screen and no audio, same with MPC-HC BUT it plays well with Windows Media Player and also with MPC-HC in another computer under SAF beta 17. I just want to know if it is my setup's fault or the file is defective. Previous chapters of this series worked fine but from this one on they refuse to play. Previous chapters were encoded as High@L4.1 h.264 but the defective ones are High@L3.1 ...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Thanks on advance...

Hoborg, would you be so kind to try this out and see what happens? I first thought it could be my set-up but after reinstalling all new and fresh Windows XP (I had Vista before) and still have the same problems makes me believe it's maybe not just me...

Second problem: now on Windows XP SP3 and MediaPortal 1.02 I find out I have no subtitles. MediaPortal acts like there were subtitles and even cycles thru them, but no output on screen. GraphStudio shows there's nothing connected to the subtitle pin in Haali. I guess I'm doing bad something incredibly stupid, but really can't find it. Any ideas? BTW, I've tried to install latest SVN but can't use it, the second I install it MediaPortal refuses to start and MediaPortal Configuration throws a Windows error.

Please help, I watch most of my TV Series in English with Spanish subtitles so they're quite important for me. Thanks on advance. If needed I can try later to provide some screen shots...

My setup : Windows XP Sp3, no other codecs rather than SAF installed, ATI HD3400 with latest drivers, AMD 3800, 2 Gb RAM

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have saf400beta18 and MP 1.1.0 Beta1 installed. But I have some files that cant play in MP. I can play them in Media player clasic. I can see that the codec they are using is div3 and xvid.

Should I be able to play them in MP. If yes, what should I do.

Thanks

/Claus

Post small video samples

Beta19test4 installed fine, but beta19 gave me error messages about not supporting my os (win7pro). Haven't tried it out yet, working on my setup. Anyways, i attach logs...

I know, i use English with Norwegian language pack. But it's been working perfect until beta19. Although, it seems to work ok despite the error message, haven't checked with GraphStudio yet. I'll post if i find anything worth mentioning ;)

And i have to add, god damn SD LiveTV looks much better now after last setup in Win7 :D

I will send you link to screenshot from registry soon, so i will be able to add support for your language too.

Here are the graphs I got, seems to be a difference, but I don't know why. Any Ideas?

It seems like the one on the left is using VMR and on the right EVR.
    Is the one on the left the graph from Media player? Maybe you need to set MediaPortal to use VMR instead.
    Is Aero enabled in Windows? Did you run the Performance index thing (I think it needs to run before it will enable Aero)?

Yes, the left one is WMP and it uses VMR, while in MP it uses EVR. The strange thing is that in window mode the video is smooth even in MP (with EVR), it's only in full screen that the stuttering occurs, VMR in full screen shows no stutter :/ Aero is enabled.

What is the difference between EVR and WMR, is one better than the other, and why should I use EVR with win7?

BTW - Thank you both sjeffrey and hoborg :)

Looks like you system have problem with EVR -using WinXP can be solution...

Hello... I've just made a fresh installation of Windows XP SP3, MediaPortal and SAF beta 19 to try and avoid a problem I had and I mentioned before a couple of times. Not only I still have the same problem, but I got now a new one :)

I mentioned the first problem a few posts ago and provided a sample :

Hi again... I've uploaded a sample of one file I'm having trouble with, as I told before in post #3174. Would any of you be so kind to test it? I'm quite sure I was able to play it under beta 17 but now under beta 18 I simply get a blank screen and no audio, same with MPC-HC BUT it plays well with Windows Media Player and also with MPC-HC in another computer under SAF beta 17. I just want to know if it is my setup's fault or the file is defective. Previous chapters of this series worked fine but from this one on they refuse to play. Previous chapters were encoded as High@L4.1 h.264 but the defective ones are High@L3.1 ...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Thanks on advance...

Hoborg, would you be so kind to try this out and see what happens? I first thought it could be my set-up but after reinstalling all new and fresh Windows XP (I had Vista before) and still have the same problems makes me believe it's maybe not just me...

Second problem: now on Windows XP SP3 and MediaPortal 1.02 I find out I have no subtitles. MediaPortal acts like there were subtitles and even cycles thru them, but no output on screen. GraphStudio shows there's nothing connected to the subtitle pin in Haali. I guess I'm doing bad something incredibly stupid, but really can't find it. Any ideas? BTW, I've tried to install latest SVN but can't use it, the second I install it MediaPortal refuses to start and MediaPortal Configuration throws a Windows error.

Please help, I watch most of my TV Series in English with Spanish subtitles so they're quite important for me. Thanks on advance. If needed I can try later to provide some screen shots...

My setup : Windows XP Sp3, no other codecs rather than SAF installed, ATI HD3400 with latest drivers, AMD 3800, 2 Gb RAM

Send me SAF log please.
    I can play your sample without any problem, (desperate housewives + EN subtitles).

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

To add support, i need folowing info:
    lang.png

Take similar screenshot or post me:

-Translation of "Administrators"
    -Languages - what do you have here instead of "en-US"

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

latest beta19 is working almost perfectly for me, some question regarding audio though:

the installer tells me to add FFDSHOW audio decoder as a video post processing filter - which I did...why do we do that when FFDSHOW is already set as decoder?

I am trying to lip sync my hd material using an ffdshow profile and the delay option but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I enabled the delay section, set a delay for all channels, created a profile and set aut switch conditions on mkv files. Even if I set this profile as standard there seems to be no delay at all...does delay work on SPDIF passthrough (which I use)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom