SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009
You can try 9.10 too, there was some DXVA update acording to changelog.
BTW, what CPU do you have?

CCC 9.1 I tried as well, as it came with the last chipset-update (accidantly). - same effect. Went back to 9.5 - same.

My CPU is:
AMD DualCore, 4850e 2,5GHz

i mean 9.10 not old 9.1.

...i have bad felling you hit limitation of your chipset.
If you have chance to try, test ATI 4550 - i have this card (fanless) and it runs without any issue on my HTPC WinXP based.

What's the difference between "9.10" and "old 9.1"?

Had the thought about the limitation already but should work smoothly according to
Smooth HD Playback With A Sempron 3200+ - Review Tom's Hardware : AMD's New 780G Chipset Has Powerful GPU
?

ATI 4550:
Well, that would be
+35 EUR
+25 Watt
What is the difference between "Sapphire Radeon HD 4550 HyperMemory low profile" and without HyperMemory?

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi Hoborg,
Tried CCC 8.5 - same effect.
Going back to 9.5.

Something else in mind what I could try?

CCC 9.1 I tried as well, as it came with the last chipset-update (accidantly). - same effect. Went back to 9.5 - same.

My CPU is:

Do you use Automatic Refresh Rate?

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

My CPU is:

i mean 9.10 not old 9.1.

...i have bad felling you hit limitation of your chipset.
If you have chance to try, test ATI 4550 - i have this card (fanless) and it runs without any issue on my HTPC WinXP based.

What's the difference between "9.10" and "old 9.1"?

Had the thought about the limitation already but should work smoothly according to
Smooth HD Playback With A Sempron 3200+ - Review Tom's Hardware : AMD's New 780G Chipset Has Powerful GPU
?

ATI 4550:
Well, that would be
+35 EUR
+25 Watt
What is the difference between "Sapphire Radeon HD 4550 HyperMemory low profile" and without HyperMemory?

Catalys - x.y - y=relase mounth, x=year, so 9.1 = first mounth of year 2009, 9.10 = 10th mount of year 2009

+25W - that is not exactly true. You will disable integrated GPU, that will make "-" too
HyperMemory? That is some kind of nonseance, all 4550 is based on same hardware.
My tip:
29509av.jpg

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

My CPU is:

This combination of CPU and motherboard is not ok.

... "not completely true" ... - this combination IS usable - I have several machines running it - only thing is you don't get VA deinterlacing on HD content, I think you're limited to bob.
    But I use a 4550 for one machine that drives the projector for better PQ too ... gives much less headache.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

My CPU is:

... "not completely true" ... - this combination IS usable - I have several machines running it - only thing is you don't get VA deinterlacing on HD content, I think you're limited to bob.
    But I use a 4550 for one machine that drives the projector for better PQ too ... gives much less headache.

That is right, but the picture quality is not good enough.

The 3200 HD works on half the speed when there is a HT 2.0 CPU used with the motherboard.
    When a HT3.0 processor is used, the 3200 HD works on full speed.

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009

My CPU is:

Do you use Automatic Refresh Rate?

Where do I set "Automatic Refresh Rate"?

That is right, but the picture quality is not good enough.

The 3200 HD works on half the speed when there is a HT 2.0 CPU used with the motherboard.
    When a HT3.0 processor is used, the 3200 HD works on full speed.

Couldn't I overclock HT a little bit to overcome my problem? (if it is true that GPU and HT is responsible for that and not software - e.g. CCC, codec, etc.)

bart0190

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Hi Hoborg,
    Installed CCC 9.10. same effect. :(
    avg 23.93 fps (using MP SHIFT+1)

Could it be the HT frequency?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom