Scan for tv channels (1 Viewer)

cool beans

May 17, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, can I have some help scanning for tv channels. in the drop down bar to pick my location there is no Canada option and when I scan I get no channels. I use windows 7 x64 and my tuner is a usb ( ATSC UB435-Q2 V2 )
thank you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome cool beans :)

So you've got an aerial, and you're scanning for over-the-air channels, yes?
    Please could you post your log files:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up the files you find there and attach/post the zip file here.

mm

cool beans

May 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    tried aerial and cable tv, tried everything and no dice. I edited the usb tuner like I seen on the wiki and no luck :confused:
    here is the zip :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the log files (y)

tried aerial and cable tv...
    This doesn't really answer my question. :)
    What do you actually have access to?
    In other words: do you have a satellite dish, aerial, or cable connection?
    If you know, it would also help if you could say whether the signal is analog or digital.

From the log files it looks like the tuner shows as ATSC and DVB-C.
    This doesn't seem right because DVB-C is a European cable TV standard, not used in Canada.
    I recommend you visit KWorld's website and download + install the latest drivers (from February this year):
    http://global.kworld-global.com/main/support_down.aspx?mnuid=1255&modid=

(I think you'd select: category = ALL, series = ATSC and product = USB ATSC TV Stick (UB435-Q))

If anything, I'd expect you'd use the ATSC tuner.
    From there we need to know whether you have cable or over-the-air (terrestrial) TV.
    For cable you'd tick the "tune clear QAM instead of ATSC"; for over-the-air you'd leave that unticked.
    If you have cable, use the QAM Standard frequency plan.

Finally, I see you found the "preferred network provider setting" and "when card enters idle state..." settings.
    Those are good things to try, though I note the recommended values are Generic and stop. Looks like you're trying ATSC (which is fine) and pause (which is really not recommended for you at this stage).

mm

Users who are viewing this thread