Scanning for channels hangs again (1 Viewer)

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
Nice support here ;) does anyone has coded tve3?!?

Your opinion about this problem would be nice.

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
My last try

-> just another new Vista installation
-> now with msql
-> acual cvs
-> and noddies ini

...more in 24 hours :D I'll hope I haven't thrown my pc out of the window until tomorrow :(

noddy

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Harsefeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
fredflintstone: The other 2 log files (streaming server.log and tswriter.log ) are also in the LOG directory of the TV Server. They will only be created if the server is running and there is al least 1 channel in the database I think. Otherwise there is nothing to write/stream.

My modified tranponder ini file works also on my normal system (installed years ago, only updated afterthat). I will continue trying to find out what could be the problem. Does anybody has an idea what I shoukd check / test to get closer to the problem?

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
my result:

SHIT...

...crashed :(

When I'll get no streaming and no tswriter log it should crash before it finds one channel. It looks like a problem with the database structure or connection and the insert of the first channel :(

It looks like tve is not Vista x64 compatible or .net 3.0 is not compatible to 2.0 and they have different connection methods.

Could some one of the progammers find it out if that's a possibillity?

my error log of this try:

12.06.2007 23:18:13 A Exception :confused:ystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen

Server stack trace:
bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.BufferMoreData()
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadAndMatchFourBytes(Byte[] buffer)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble()
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientSocketHandler.ReadHeaders()
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
bei TvControl.IController.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)
bei SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.Scan(Int32 LNB, BandType bandType, DisEqcType disEqc, SatteliteContext context)
bei SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.DoScan()
12.06.2007 23:18:13 A Exception :Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen
12.06.2007 23:18:13 A site :Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)
12.06.2007 23:18:13 A source :mscorlib
12.06.2007 23:18:13 A stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadFromSocket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.BufferMoreData()
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ReadAndMatchFourBytes(Byte[] buffer)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble()
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientSocketHandler.ReadHeaders()
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
bei TvControl.IController.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)
bei SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.Scan(Int32 LNB, BandType bandType, DisEqcType disEqc, SatteliteContext context)
bei SetupTv.Sections.CardDvbS.DoScan()

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    fredflintstone,

For some reason, my previous post did not get trough.

Yes, we hear your problem. But it's being a busy week. But, yes, Vista64 and .Net 3 can be an issue. And some times we can't reproduce the problem.

A lot of things are changing on TVServer, that's why SVNs might get unstable sometimes. After all, that's what they are for, right? In the mean time, I suggest you to revert back to the one it's working for you.

But we will look into it, it just might take some time.

raxtor

Portal Member
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, this also happens to the same numbers (11856 and 12402) in the 28.2°E Astra 2A_2B_2D, Eurobird 1 (28°E).ini file. Commenting these out (+ renumber + adjusting the number at the top) allows TV server to finish the scan. Conjecture: this happens to all files with these numbers in 'em.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    question.

have you guys installed the dvb hotfix from Microsoft?

because without it, autotune will definitly crash MediaPortal with TVE2 and TV-Server (on WinXP).

raxtor

Portal Member
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah, and stuff is missing as well. This new ini file for 28.2 has only 88 entries, while the old .tpl file I have has 91. After scanning, I cannot find the whole of the BSkyB group that included all those BBC channels (including the essential -- for my kids -- CBeebies).

1. TV server shouldn't fall over
    2. These files appear to be incorrect.

What's up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom