Scanning for channels hangs again (1 Viewer)

noddy

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Harsefeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried to find out but give up due to the never ending list of installed service packs, updates & hotfixes. I installed it just again and rebooted the system.
I'm absolutely sure now that the hotfix is installed ;)

Reaching transponder 11856,V,27500 cause TV3 & SetupTV to crash:

:sorry:

raxtor

Portal Member
April 25, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
question.

have you guys installed the dvb hotfix from Microsoft?

because without it, autotune will definitly crash MediaPortal with TVE2 and TV-Server (on WinXP).

Yup, DVB hotfix is installed. As far as windowsupdate is concerned, I've got every other patch as well.

As I reported earlier, the scanning process seems to crash on certain transponder numbers only (same # on different LNBs). That definitely sounds like a bug to me (although whether it's caused by faulty ini files, I don't know).

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    noddy i once also has a Twhinan, KNC and one TT

I have thrown all of the out of the window... (well more right into ebay ;) )
    just because of the fact that the drivers are reeeeealy bad.

But this crashes when scanning... this always was caused here because the dvb hotfix (which is STILL NOT included in windowsupdate :confused: ).

Until now i have only read here "it crashes".
    Could anyone please have a look at windows eventviewer and copy/paste the entry of that setuptv/tvservice crash?

:D

btw. when anyone adds MediaPortal/TV-Server logs, please ATTACH them to your post. do not copy/paste them because the thread realy gets long and messy then.

raxtor

Portal Member
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @noddy i once also has a Twhinan, KNC and one TT
    Could anyone please have a look at windows eventviewer and copy/paste the entry of that setuptv/tvservice crash?

:D

Will do when I get back home. :D for any update.

My old laptop (Dell D800) is running MP 0.2.2 on a 60-day evaluation version of XP MCE, with only 7 days left so I need to get the new one up and running or be savaged by my family. I thought I'd try the new tv server thingie, but now this. Although, the only reason for me to go that route is that the Guide for the BBC entries is off by one or two hours. I'd hoped a newer version would fix that, but now I miss the BBC (+ITV) entries altogether! :mad:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    My old laptop (Dell D800) is running MP 0.2.2 on a 60-day evaluation version of XP MCE, with only 7 days left so I need to get the new one up and running or be savaged by my family.
    could you test MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC1 with its inbuild TV-Engine and see if that crashes too during autotune?

raxtor

Portal Member
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MP 0.2.3.0 rc1 was going to be my next candidate. However, tv server currently seems to work ok -- with the offending lines removed from the .ini files -- except that I *don't* have the BSkyB group of channels (BBC, ITV and such). For some reason they're not in the .ini file downloaded from kingofsat.net, even though they're on the web page.

So for me the major issue is: why aren't these entries in the latest database (and how do I fix that) rather than Why does TV server stumble over some of the entries in that database ('cause I have a workaround for that).

Once I've switched laptops so I have a production system again I'm willing to experiment further, though.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    MP 0.2.3.0 rc1 was going to be my next candidate. However, tv server currently seems to work ok -- with the offending lines removed from the .ini files -- except that I *don't* have the BSkyB group of channels (BBC, ITV and such). For some reason they're not in the .ini file downloaded from kingofsat.net, even though they're on the web page.
    If you remove transponders from the tuning list, then channels will be missing when scanning ;)

raxtor

Portal Member
    April 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you remove transponders from the tuning list, then channels will be missing when scanning ;)

True. But if kingofsat is anything to go by, I won't miss 'em. Scanning those two lnb's takes long enough as it is (30-40 minutes, on average). In fact, I only need the CanalDigitaal group from lnb1, and the BSkyB group from lnb2. All else is just to impress the neighbours. :cool:

Any clue as to why stuff is missing from the ini files?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Any clue as to why stuff is missing from the ini files?
    just make sure that the transponder your channels are broadcasted at are part of the tuning details ;)

sometimes lists can be outdated.

noddy

Portal Member
    April 7, 2007
    Harsefeld
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for copy/paste fault!

In my system event log only 1 event regarding the crash of tvservice is written (see attached file).

SetupTV was stopped without any event log neither in system nor application log.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom