Scanning for channels hangs again (1 Viewer)

noddy

Portal Member
April 7, 2007
Harsefeld
Home Country
Germany Germany
RC1 build in TV engine crash also

I tried the RC1 a few minutes ago. configuration is closed after the check for transponder 11856 is started. No event log entry :confused:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Sorry for copy/paste fault!

In my system event log only 1 event regarding the crash of tvservice is written (see attached file).

SetupTV was stopped without any event log neither in system nor application log.
    there should be a .net framework error in applications log section too.

i expect to see it crashing in ntdll.dll.

*edit*
    its getting funny now here.

i have tvservice.exe crashing when autotuning on the testworkstation with the Skystar2(bda).

but on the live system with floppydtv/Nova-T/Nova-HD-S2 all is fine......

i will have to swap the TV-Cards tomorrow to find out if the WinXP on the testworkstation is fuckedup.

i keep you posted!

knightlie

Portal Member
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm going to interject here because I'm having the same problem, using a SkyStar2 and WinXP. The channel scan reaches transponder 10936000 and crashes. The only Windows Event Log entry is under Application Log:

Source: Service Control Manager
    Event ID: 7031
    Description: The TVService service terminated unexpectedly

There's no other indication of the cause, BUT, I've been testing GBPVR on the same machine and it also crashes during the channel scan and that definitely is NTDLL.DLL because it says so, so I'd hazard a guess that TV3 has the same problem. The Error.log file reports an Access Violation at DirectShowLib.BDA.ITuner.put_tuneRequest(ITuneRequest TuneRequest)

I've installed the DVB patch from Microsoft about four times. Other than this the TVServer works great.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There's no other indication of the cause, BUT, I've been testing GBPVR on the same machine and it also crashes during the channel scan and that definitely is NTDLL.DLL because it says so, so I'd hazard a guess that TV3 has the same problem. The Error.log file reports an Access Violation at DirectShowLib.BDA.ITuner.put_tuneRequest(ITuneRequest TuneRequest)

I've installed the DVB patch from Microsoft about four times. Other than this the TVServer works great.
    maybe we hit a bug in the latest BDA-beta release. because this is the first time i use the 2007 release of that beta driver.....
    will switch to the 12-2006 BDA-beta version again. lets see.....

:D for the input!

noddy

Portal Member
    April 7, 2007
    Harsefeld
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On my system the setting "report errors to Microsoft" was disabled. It seems that this also disable the event log for application errors.
    I enabled it again and did a channel scan with TV3. I used this time my second TV-card "Cinergy 1200" for the scan.

Same result: TV3 & SetupTV crashed after reaching tp 11856.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    noddy
    yup, same crash as i get.

now it looks like this here:
    nova-t: no problems
    nova-hd-s2: no problems
    floppydtv dvb-s: no problems
    sykstar2: crashing during scan (tried all released BDA drivers) tested in 2 PCs

then i tried scaning on the Skystar2 with progdvb.
    and it worked.

could everyone who has setuptv/tvservice crashing during scan please try scanning with progdvb?

In the meantime i will dig up some very old tv-server builds and try to find the one where autotune worked with the Skystar2.

:D

knightlie

Portal Member
    June 14, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Both versions of ProgDVB crash with a BSOD on mine as soon as it starts. I'm assuming that's a different error from the channel scan. I'll keep trying to get it to work.

noddy

Portal Member
    April 7, 2007
    Harsefeld
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @infinityloop
    I removed the SkyStar 2 from my system and tried a channel scan with progdvb the last SVN 14904 (TV server) & my "Cinergy 1200".

Progdvb 5.09 result : Blue screen might caused by ks.sys
    Progdvb 4.85 result : Scan completely done tp 11856 & 12204 Vertical - channels found

TV server SVN 14904: The first scan could scan the tp 11856,V,27500 (13 new) but it crashed on the next transponder. Each next scan crash now again on tp 11856,V,27500 (see attached logs).:eek:

noddy

Portal Member
    April 7, 2007
    Harsefeld
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I plugged in the SkyStar 2 again and did a channel scan with progdvb (V 4.85) on the SkyStar 2 - it worked
    Installed cards:
    - Terratec Cinergy 1200
    - TechniSat SkyStar 2

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i need you help guys :)

please use ::this:: build and do a scan.

after that please try ::this:: build.

then please reply and tell me if scanning worked in one of these, or if it crashes in both

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom