Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (3 Viewers)

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Guys,

Lysdexical said:
Does anyone have the TVE3 1.0d version of this working with the 9-22 SVN build of MP/TVE3?
I have tried lots of settings, and I have cleared and re-auto-tuned my PVR-500 tuners at least a dozen times (before updating EPG of course) but I keep getting the following error:

9/22/2007 11:40:32 AM 5 Processing lineup Comcast [id=*******:X type=CableDigital postcode=*****]
9/22/2007 11:40:33 AM 5 System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at SchedulesDirect.Import.EpgListingsImporter.FindTVC hannel(TVStation station, TVStationMap map, Boolean LineupIsLocalBroadcast)
at SchedulesDirect.Import.EpgListingsImporter.ImportC hannels(Int32 delay)
at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.R unEpgImport()
at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.R efreshEPG(Object state)
9/22/2007 11:40:33 AM 5 Scheduling next poll for 9/23/2007 10:23:32 AM
9/22/2007 11:40:33 AM 5 Unable to process any channels, have you done an autotune in setup?

Update: I also tried TVE3 builds for 9-20 and 9-15, same exact issue.
Update2: Got it to work using TVEngine3 Snapshot: 09-08-2007 01-21h Revision 15792.
I installed TVE3 SVN Rev. 15980(09/20/2007) and have been unable to reproduce.
I did not try the more recent revs b/c it appears there are several problems by looking
at the download threads.
I will keep looking.
If it happens again can you post the entire log to:
http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/

Brijn said:
I missed the fact in the manual that it goes in the Plugin dir of the TVE3. So if you put it in the Plugin/Process dir of main MP you get this error. Maybe an idea to clarify it a bit in the instruction (I will re-read as well, maybe I'm just blind)
Looks like I only put the specifics for MP stand alone in the first post.
It can be difficult keeping up with both different versions.
**Edit: I added instructions for TVE3 to the first post, see what you think :)

HTH,
patrick

Lysdexical

September 22, 2007
Home Country
Patrick,

Ok, thanks for looking into it. I just upgraded TVE3 to that same 9-20 build and it wanted to clear the DB, so I just let it and re-configured everything from scratch and it works fine this time around. The only thing I can think of that I did differently was after auto-tuning and then configuring (without enabling) the schedulesdirect plugin, I stop/started the tvserver service BEFORE actually enabling the plugin for the first time. I then enabled the plugin after the restart and just waited a minute and the download worked fine.

Thanks for your help and for this plugin!

reaver

Portal Member
November 28, 2006
I've got everything working great. Thanks for putting the time in to get this plugin made Patrick.

And thanks to the Schedules Direct people for getting a solution together.

Jack_Ruby

Portal Member
July 29, 2007
Home Country
This plugin is causing MP to crash (and burn)
I get a "send error report" with this info:
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : mediaportal.exe P2 : 0.2.2.9991
P3 : 466fc683 P4 : dialogs P5 : 0.2.2.9991 P6 : 466fc662 P7 : e9
P8 : 63 P9 : system.nullreferenceexception

I'm using MP 0.2.3.0
and plugin SchedulesDirectPlugin-v1.0c
What's going on here?
Help! Please!

Jack_Ruby

Portal Member
July 29, 2007
Home Country
This plugin is causing MP to crash (and burn)
I get a "send error report" with this info:
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : mediaportal.exe P2 : 0.2.2.9991
P3 : 466fc683 P4 : dialogs P5 : 0.2.2.9991 P6 : 466fc662 P7 : e9
P8 : 63 P9 : system.nullreferenceexception

I'm using MP 0.2.3.0
and plugin SchedulesDirectPlugin-v1.0c
What's going on here?
Help! Please!

Nevermind. I'm a complete idiot.
I signed up for SD service, but neglected to assign any lineups.
So, if the SD plugin is making your MP crash, make sure you have lineups!
:oops:

Paladin27

September 22, 2007
Home Country
Running:
- MP 0.2.3RC2 + CVS 9-20-2007--01-02-Rev15972 installed from scratch
- TVE3 09-20-2007--17-34h--Rev15980
Copied the v1.0d to the process directory. But as soon as I start config I started getting a lot of errors:
"Failed to locate assembly 'Setup Controls, version .....'
Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortla folder, the execution will end now"

I get a bunch of these errors and config does not start. I remove the plugin and all is well.

I tried this plugin a little while ago with different version and moved away from TVE3 again, because I ran into the same problems..

Any suggestions welcome!

I am getting the exact same error with Rev15854. I dunno, I have a suspicion that it might be a Vista thing because of the c:\users\all users\team mediaportal\.... having a different location for config files. Any other ideas?

You can ignore my post from the other day, I am an idiot. I was trying to install the TVE version into standalone. Sorry, I'm coming over from the XBMC world and this app is a little more complicated. It's working now!

teladog01

Portal Member
June 11, 2006
ATSC channels are not being matched

Problem: ATSC channels fail to be mapped to Schedules Direct data. All analog channels are mapped correctly

Snip from log:

9/26/2007 10:11:24 PM C Could not find a match for KFVSDT/12-1
9/26/2007 10:11:24 PM C Could not find a match for WPSDDT/6-1
9/26/2007 10:11:24 PM C Could not find a match for KFVSDT2/12-2
9/26/2007 10:11:25 PM C Could not find a match for KBSIDT/23-1
9/26/2007 10:11:25 PM C Could not find a match for WSILDT/3-1

I have manually edited my channel names correctly, i.e. "KFVSDT", "WPSDDT", etc. but the plugin still fails to map the channels.

I had a look around the table using the SQL Server Management Studio Express, and it appears that when I change the channel name in the TV Server Management Console, what actually gets changed in the database is the "displayName". The "name" column remains as whatever was gleaned from the initial scanning of channels, e.g. "KFVS High Definition".

My guess is that the plugin is using this "name" column when it tries to match with the Schedules Direct data, and is thus failing to find a match.

Is this correct, Patrick? I see no way to edit this field in the TV Server Management Console, so I need your help...Thanks! :)

marshall

Portal Pro
February 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Home Country
I was having the same problem as teladog01.

teladog01: You can change the names in SQL Server Management Studio, and then it works.

@whomever: It it safe to change the "name"? Is it supposed to change when we edit the name in the channel setup, or is just the displayName supposed to change?

teladog01

Portal Member
June 11, 2006
marshall, how did you change the name in SQL Management Studio? My database skills are not good...it took me a bit just to figure out the query to display the table contents. I couldn't figure out how to edit them though. What is the query for that?

EDIT:

Nevermind...figured it out. Right click > Open Table. Duh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom