Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (2 Viewers)

Brijn

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
North vancouver, Canada
In TVE2 also the match problem

Hi,

Same problem here with TVE3.. I thought it would try to match based on just channel number.. But that isn't happening. Re-scanning / reloading now to see if that solves it

Bas

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

In TVE3, the "DisplayName" in MP is pretty new, and I should use it for mapping instead of "name".
I will change it.

RE: TVE3 Mapping ATSC channels.
ATSC mapping has always allowed mapping by number (Major/Minor).
I will have to double check some of the code to see if things have changed in MP.

Prior to running the plugin, are these showing as ATSC if you edit the channel in TVServer Setup?
Correct Major and Minor Channel numbers?

Thanks,
patrick

teladog01

Portal Member
June 11, 2006
Prior to running the plugin, are these showing as ATSC if you edit the channel in TVServer Setup?
Correct Major and Minor Channel numbers?
k

Yes. The correct info is shown on the ATSC tab.

After figuring out how to edit the database manually in SQL Server Management Express, I changed the "name" field the to proper name as listed in the Schedules Direct lineup. After doing this and then running the plugin, everything matched up and pulled data just fine.

So looks like the plugin just needs to use "displayName" for mapping purposes, since this is the field that is changed in TV Server Management.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
@All

Updated the TVE3 version of the plugin, hopefully correcting the ATSC detection issues.

10-01-2007 v1.0e
-Fixed Channel Name lookup to use displayName
-Fixed ATSC channel type detection
-Added more exception handling

patrick

jelizalde

Portal Member
June 27, 2007
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
I'm getting the message "Unable to process ..." etc.

If I check the log, it says (after reviewing the channels):

------------------

2007-10-03 23:33:15.812500 [Info.][Schedules Direct EPG Client]: Starting processing of 1262 schedule entries
2007-10-03 23:33:17.187500 [Info.][Schedules Direct EPG Client]: System.OverflowException: The TimeSpan could not be parsed because at least one of the hours, minutes, or seconds components is outside its valid range.
at System.TimeSpan.StringParser.Parse(String s)
at System.TimeSpan.Parse(String s)
at SchedulesDirect.SoapEntities.TVSchedule.get_Duration()
at SchedulesDirect.Import.EpgListingsImporter.ImportPrograms(Int32 delay)
at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPlugin.RunEpgImport()
at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPlugin.RefreshEPG(Object state)
2007-10-03 23:33:17.187500 [Info.][Schedules Direct EPG Client]: Rolling back the transaction
2007-10-03 23:33:17.765625 [Info.][Schedules Direct EPG Client]: Scheduling next poll for 10/4/2007 11:33:17 PM
-----------------------

I'm using MP RC2.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks

Juan

jelizalde

Portal Member
June 27, 2007
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
Ok - had an issue with the channel lineup

I'm getting the message "Unable to process ..." etc.

If I check the log, it says (after reviewing the channels):

------------------

2007-10-03 23:33:15.812500 [Info.][Schedules Direct EPG Client]: Starting processing of 1262 schedule entries
2007-10-03 23:33:17.187500 [Info.][Schedules Direct EPG Client]: System.OverflowException: The TimeSpan could not be parsed because at least one of the hours, minutes, or seconds components is outside its valid range.
at System.TimeSpan.StringParser.Parse(String s)
at System.TimeSpan.Parse(String s)
at SchedulesDirect.SoapEntities.TVSchedule.get_Duration()
at SchedulesDirect.Import.EpgListingsImporter.ImportPrograms(Int32 delay)
at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPlugin.RunEpgImport()
at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPlugin.RefreshEPG(Object state)
2007-10-03 23:33:17.187500 [Info.][Schedules Direct EPG Client]: Rolling back the transaction
2007-10-03 23:33:17.765625 [Info.][Schedules Direct EPG Client]: Scheduling next poll for 10/4/2007 11:33:17 PM
-----------------------

I'm using MP RC2.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks

Juan

Ok, problem solved (although painfully): I deleted the channel lineup in schedulesdirect, and it worked. It seems there was some issue with one of the channels.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
@All,

This is from the SD forums for DirectTV users from danielk.

I just wanted to send a warning out there for this.
DirectTV has begun mapping their HD channels to the same channel as a related SD channel.
For example AETV and AETVHD will both be mapped to channel 265.
Which one you get when changing to that channel depends on which STB you have.
It may take a couple days before this rolls out for our DirectTV lineups, right now you
will see either AETV or AETVHD in the Schedules Direct DirectTV lineups.
Your application may need to have some smarts added to detect which one to add
to a user's lineup, but for now users can select one or the other when the two
channels on one channel number rolls out, if your application can't handle two
channels on the same channel number.

jelizalde,
Glad you got it working again, looks like it was a problem with a program schedule on one of the channels.
If it happens again let me know your lineup details and I will see if I can reproduce.

patrick

2themaxx

Portal Member
April 17, 2007
Home Country
Patrick,
First off thanks again for developping the schedules direct plugin so fast. I've got one problem though. I was missing a few channels after switching to schedules direct. At first I thought it was a lineup problem (and for most of the channels it was), but then after reporting it, they got fixed, but there was one more channel that wasn't reporting data. I checked with schedules direct, and then used xmltv from the command line, and verified that the channel is indeed present. I've checked the options you suggested in the first part after switching from zap2it (worked for all channels but this one), then deleted and re-loaded the channels mapping but still no dice. I'm in US zipcode 45324 with a fairborn Time-warner cable listing - I'm specifically missing channel 13 wbdt. I know the channel is present from the raw xmltv output (both the correct number and the call letters), can you see if you can reproduce? Sorry for the annoyance, but I know its got to be something I'm doing wrong with schedules direct, or a bug. Thanks!
Jai

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
Patrick,
First off thanks again for developping the schedules direct plugin so fast. I've got one problem though. I was missing a few channels after switching to schedules direct. At first I thought it was a lineup problem (and for most of the channels it was), but then after reporting it, they got fixed, but there was one more channel that wasn't reporting data. I checked with schedules direct, and then used xmltv from the command line, and verified that the channel is indeed present. I've checked the options you suggested in the first part after switching from zap2it (worked for all channels but this one), then deleted and re-loaded the channels mapping but still no dice. I'm in US zipcode 45324 with a fairborn Time-warner cable listing - I'm specifically missing channel 13 wbdt. I know the channel is present from the raw xmltv output (both the correct number and the call letters), can you see if you can reproduce? Sorry for the annoyance, but I know its got to be something I'm doing wrong with schedules direct, or a bug. Thanks!
Jai

Hi,

I will look at it.
Probably will not be until tomorrow though (heading to a bar to watch some football)
In the meantime if you have a chance can you post your log file after an update?
Not sure what version you are using but the epg.log if MP stand alone or the tv.log if using TVE3.
You can paste it to http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/

Thanks,
patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom