Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (2 Viewers)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've switched to using fortherecord so I don't have a log handy to tell you how long it takes...

I had mine set to 13 days (the max iirc) and I think it would take about 30-45 minutes to get.

I'm curious why it matters how long it takes. Also, wouldn't you want to have the longest outlook to plan recordings?

Cheers

Geoff

HudsonHawk04

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2010
    Jayhawk Nation
    valid point on the length of retention on the epg, after being left alone for about a day mine only had a few channels filled in. I am assuming that media portal has to be open either minimized to the taskbar or in a window to get the schedules direct stuff, or do you just have to have the tv server running?

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just the TV server needs to be running to populate data... the plugin is in the TVserver after all.... the plugin should only run about once a day.

You left it for a day and only had a few channels filled in? That doesn't sound right... you shouldn't lose guide data... was it filled in ever?

g

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm not using 1.2.0 Alpha, yet... maybe soon... I just installed it quickly on my development system and ran the SD plugin and it seemed to work just fine... I doubt I'll need to recompile, but I'll give it a more thorough check when I get some more time later on. I doubt that's your issue, though... if it were that, you'd have a hard time loading the plugin and be seeing lots of errors, etc.

I the logs you posted before, I didn't see any issues with getting data... can you post the logs again of forcing the plugin to do a refresh and then use the manual control to restart the tvservice?

g

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK,

Let's take one channel as an example...

AMC/72 has the ID 10021 on schedules direct.

2010-12-01 00:54:47.499798 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(13)]: Could not find a match for AMC/72

Means that it could not find the SD channel in your channels defined in MP.

2010-12-01 00:55:06.567889 [SchedulesDirect EPG Client(13)]: Unable to find Program Channel: StationID: #10021 XMLTVID .schedulesdirect.org

Means that when it was processing the shows, it couldn't find anywhere to put them since it couldn't find a match.

Do you have AMC/72 available on one of your tuners?

If not, then pick another channel that you do have and check the tv.log (tvserver_tv.log) to see if gets mapped correctly.

In your log, it shows that it properly processed some 600 or 2000 shows... so, basically the channels that are properly mapped got their shows, it looks like... so why aren't the other channels mapping?

If we can figure out one channel, the rest will fall into place for sure.

Geoff

HudsonHawk04

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2010
    Jayhawk Nation
    First off I would like to say thanks for your help regarding this matter. Checked my channel mapping on both my alalog tuners and channel 72 is there along with the rest of my channels in the right column they are listed as 1, 2, 3 ect. Then on the left hand side under available channels I am showing some of the channels with the channel number and the call sign.

I wonder if this may be part of the problem, I know It's a shot in the dark. But its a shot none the less
    http://www.schedulesdirect.org/

I am also going to try some things listed in the schedules direct troubleshooting to see if that has any effect.

From the looks of it schedules direct has been having some issues, I deleted my lineups and both times they came back with the lineup deleted was invalid. Hopefully this will lead to some head way.

HudsonHawk04

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2010
    Jayhawk Nation
    first off I want to appologize for being such a bother. I did a clean install 1.2.0 alpha and schedules direct. Still having trouble getting stuff to scrape, but now the guide info is going to the wrong channels. The main reason I went with the alpha was the fact that with under the general tab in TV sources you were able to select your software encoders more easily, allowing my analog cards to work were as in 1.1.0 they would not. I will post a log, is there something that I am missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom