Schedules Direct US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Plugin (Updated August 2010) (6 Viewers)

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have my system up and running and the guide is populating using sql workbench did the trick for that, but the channel numbers are off in the data base. When looking at my schedules direct selected channels they start at channel 2 so as it stands right now entering in channel 2 on the remote gives channel 3, enter channel number 3 get channel number 4. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Heya HudsonHawk04,

Sounds like you have SD working... that's great!

I suspect your issue has nothing to do with the SD plugin, but I'll try to help.

When you say "entering in channel 2", you mean when you're watching live TV on the MP front-end? If so, it might just be that the MP configuration is set incorrectly. It defaults to something that doesn't seem to work in North America. Make sure that "Select Channel by Index (Non-US)" is NOT checked in the MediaPortal configuration TV section.

Attached a snapshot.

Cheers.

Geoff

Attachments

• mp-tv channel.png
      mp-tv channel.png
      22.7 KB

The Duke

November 14, 2009
    Long Island
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey GeoffStewart,

On my system, the "Select Channel by Index" setting did nothing. The way I got the system to recognize channels entered by the remote (or number keys on the keyboard) was to re-number the channels, I found that they were off.

In MP TV Server Setup go to TV Channels, select a channel and hit edit. Select the tuning detail and hit Edit. The first field is the channel number the system recognizes. Change that to match the actual channel # and try it out.

If it works on the one channel for you (you can get to it with the remote) then it is easier to edit them in the Database manually. I think the name of the table is tuning_details but I am not in front of my system right now.

Good luck.
    Duke

HudsonHawk04

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2010
    Jayhawk Nation
    Thanks for the info on the channel settings guys, but I am back with yet another problem, as of this morning I cannot pull channel data for my HDHomeRun over the air HD channels or any channels accessible via my Hauppauge HD PVR. This is not directed at any of you all, but I hope v2 of media portal is a giant step forward as far as stability goes it seems that you fix one thing another breaks just really frustrated. Anyway enough with my rant, I have attached a debug log and hopefully we can get this problem resolved. Thanks for all you guys.

Just wanted to apologize for my rant earlier, just frustrated...I need to remember to put on my patient hat.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    Hi All,

MP 1.2.0 Beta includes a new feature that requires that all MP/TVE plugins be made (certified) to be compatible with each revision of MP/TVE. See Version Compatibility - MediaPortal Wiki for more information.

I have made the necessary changes for the SchedulesDirect plugin and committed a new distribution package based on SVN 27679. This package is built against MP/TVE dlls for SVN 27679 (I updated SchedulesDirect project with these dlls).

The new package may be downloaded from Downloads - mp-schedulesdirect - SchedulesDirect Plugin for MediaPortal - Google Project Hosting (SchedulesDirectPlugin-MPSVN27679-svn26.rar).

paendorz

December 18, 2010
    Is there any chance to import an existing xmltv file via this plugin instead of using their data? (I ask mainly for channel mapping)

Schedules Direct guide data is incomplete and some channel are missing, and I already have a working grabber for xmltv.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I don't believe so. It works directly with the SchedulesDirect account of the user.

In defense of this plugin, for me, I find it to be the most trouble free to use, without having to do all the epg scripting and scheduling by hand required by other means. All the channels in my OTA market are present and all the programs I record for TVSeries are named properly. Yes, some days the guide on occasion misses whether a program is new or old, or just states a general program description (which is usually rectified in the RecordedTV list). But for the past 3-4 years that I've used the plugin, Ive never regretted the $20/yr I pay for the service.

Maybe some programmer can look at the code and make additional, more universal, changes that would allow reading the new MS guide used for Win7 media center, or as you require, an already setup xmltv file.

Of course, the name would have to change from SchedulesDirect ;)

regards,

Chuck

paendorz

December 18, 2010
    I don't believe so. It works directly with the SchedulesDirect account of the user.

In defense of this plugin, for me, I find it to be the most trouble free to use, without having to do all the epg scripting and scheduling by hand required by other means.

I agree. Only problem right now is the incomplete lineup but that's not the plugin's fault.

Maybe some programmer can look at the code and make additional, more universal, changes that would allow reading the new MS guide used for Win7 media center, or as you require, an already setup xmltv file.

I'm planning to give it a try, when I have the time and after I read the documentation. I just thought there could be an easier way that doesn't involve rewriting.

If any coder of this plugin could tell which file has the code where the import is made, that would save me some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom