Scythe42's fixes for 1.4.0 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythagoras

August 10, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
yesterday I upgraded from 1.3.0final to the patch bundles provided on 19th April. In the evening after resuming I tried to view a recorded TV show (ZDF Heute) and got an error about AVC Codec displayed. Tried again, same error. Exit Media Portal Client, Started Media Portal Client and tried to view again => No problem.

I also still see DEVICECHANGE messages from Windows. Maybe it has not fully woken up yet when you started playback?

Does it happen when you use a different codec that LAV?

All in all, not related to my changes.

General question: If I resume PC from Hibernate or Standby, is it safe to power on TV and AVR and select AVR-Input and TV-Input at any time during the resume action of the PC? I suspect there will be several HDMI state switches during all that actions. At the moment the PC Wakeup is not integrated into my Remote Control sequence, so we manually wake up PC and then (with small or no delay between) also hit the TV Button on Logitech Harmony remote.

My hope would be the system is robust enough to work with correct display and such once the HDMI connection status has settled. If it is not i need to instruct my users and work some more on the remote control sequences now.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    - System Specs used : Workstation
    - How many displays : 2
    - What resolution does each display use : D1: DVI 1920x1080 / D2 : VGA 1680x1050
    - More than one GPU used : No
    - How are displays connected : D1 : DVI / D2 : VGA
    - How are they positioned : D1 : Left / D2 : Right
    - Which one is the primary one : D1
    - On which do you start MP : D1 (Default : not set in config)
    - Where is the taskkbar positioned of Windows : Left (Also Right, but it's trick)
    - Skin Used : DefaultWide

Step :
    Start MP in Windowed,
    Move it to D2 screen
    Skin is not resized correctly, Skin is out of screen and have bad quality for font
    Capture.JPG

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - System Specs used : Win7 x64
    - How many displays : 1
    - What resolution does each display use : HDMI 1920x1080
    - More than one GPU used : No
    - How are displays connected : HDMI
    - How are they positioned : /
    - Which one is the primary one : /
    - On which do you start MP : /
    - Where is the taskkbar positioned of Windows : /
    - Skin Used: Black Glass HD

I'm still on version 18c, but just had the Half Fullscreen error again :/
    I stopped playback and switched the tv off for around 1 hour, switchied it on again and MP was in the upper left corner :/ I don't know if you will take a look on this, because I'm still on version 18c... otherwise I will report back if it should happen again with the latest version... but will probably update at the weekend...

Pythagoras

August 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, two additional issues, sorry mixed in one article:
    1) At around 18:30 PC was running and ?recording?. Then TV and AVR have been started with the combined "TV" function of the Logitech Harmony remote, which is something like the following, i am not fully sure about the order programmed: Power on TV, Power on AVR, Switch TV In to correct HDMI, Switch AVR to PC HDMI, send MCE TV command. => Media Portal displayed with small window in bottom left. Note: In that moment also tray icon with some Norton Internet Security message popped up and vanished again. Can those popups impact Media Portal display mode? MP Client was then manually exited and started again.

im no expert but wondering if this post may help you :)

Thanks for the hint, I found the following how to for disabling Balloon Tips and other notifications in Windows 7 and Windows 8. I will try this.
    http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-8-7-disable-notification-balloons-taskbar/

####
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Registry edit for enabling Windows Balloon Tips
    ; groovyPost.com

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "ShowInfoTip"=dword:00000001
    "StartButtonBalloonTip"=dword:00000001
    "EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000001
    "FolderContentsInfoTip"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "ShowInfoTip"=dword:00000001
    "StartButtonBalloonTip"=dword:00000001
    "EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000001
    "FolderContentsInfoTip"=dword:00000001

####
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Registry edit for disabling Windows Balloon Tips
    ; groovyPost.com

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "ShowInfoTip"=dword:00000000
    "StartButtonBalloonTip"=dword:00000000
    "EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000000
    "FolderContentsInfoTip"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "ShowInfoTip"=dword:00000000
    "StartButtonBalloonTip"=dword:00000000
    "EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000000
    "FolderContentsInfoTip"=dword:00000000

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI have beeen merging your fix alongside the custom data grabber for a while, however when if I turn my TV and AVR off and back on again MP seems to crash, sometimes alt-F4 will close it, other times I have to kill the process.
    1. Can you please try while playback is not running.
    2. And make sure the open "stop playback on removal of audio render" is selected.

In your case it should be the loss of the HDMI audio device that makes it impossible for DirectShow to continue playback properly.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    -
    I'm still on version 18c, but just had the Half Fullscreen error again :/
    Did you change any keys in the registry regarding the minimum supported resolution? Because the WM_DISLAYCHANGE message does not report a changed resolution. If you are overriding what Windows sends, MP is not made aware of the change in resolution and cannot resize itself again.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Scythe42
    Any idea regarding my volume problem? i still got sometimes a not working volume control but no error in log.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    General question: If I resume PC from Hibernate or Standby, is it safe to power on TV and AVR and select AVR-Input and TV-Input at any time during the resume action of the PC? I suspect there will be several HDMI state switches during all that actions. At the moment the PC Wakeup is not integrated into my Remote Control sequence, so we manually wake up PC and then (with small or no delay between) also hit the TV Button on Logitech Harmony remote.
    In general it would be best if the AVR/TV would be there first. But it should work nicely in theory as long as MP gets the messages for resizing from Windows properly. I suggest giving it a try and let us know if it works.

When AVR is powered on after MP, you might end up with no volume control on MP itself. But that should not be a problem as you use your AVR for volume probably anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom