Search Music (1 Viewer)

Koenjer

Portal Member
July 7, 2009
How can you search thru your music files?

Previous I always installed the "Global Search" plugin.
But 1.2 BETA doesn't allow the plugin anymore.

Any suggestions?

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Folks,

I to am looking for a generic search function that will return all the tracks from an artist as a for instance. 1.2.0.0 will not allow me to install the MPI file. I tired to place a new directory into MP with the .DLL and that fialed. Help needed if Global Search is still operational please?

Otherwise I am trying to find out how to type into MP serach string around the music database that will return all the artists being sort? Is there anything, or am I missing something in the way to configure MP?

I have thousands of tracks that are now mostly tagged correctly with thumbnails compiled into the music database.

thanks in Advance!

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Guys, the latest GlobalSearch is available on GoogleCode as well in the MPEI Installer which can be found as a desktop shortcut.

Where is there a discussion forum that supports it? I can not locate it in a plugin section or in a forums area. Would be interested to read how to turn searches in Playlist easy and a few other "things" that I am looking for in such a tool.

Very grateful for the plugin however, looks promising and certainty should be core functionality in MP

Thax

sparky21

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Is there a manual for it anywhere? I want to get to grips with how a results page can be made into a playlist quickly and easily and also how to get the results to be played or queued quickly.

Again thanks in advance

I had discounted that disucssion link as it was only one thread, I was looking for an entire "forum" on behalf of the extension

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
    I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom