Self Contained Web Server / Interface (2 Viewers)

mkoonstra

Portal Member
March 8, 2008
I quote my older message here:
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Hi,

First of all - Thanks for a great piece of software!! Just installed it and had it running in minutes!
I am running the MySQL server on a linux box and the webserver itself is running on a windows workstation in vmware. My Mediaportal pc is not on all day, so my question is, is it possible that when a recording has been scheduled via the webserver, and the Mediaportal pc is not aware of it (yet) because it hasn't been on since the recording has been scheduled, that the webservice on my vmware machine boots up my Mediaportal pc (via wake on lan e.g) ??

:D

Stefan

It's not exactly what you are trying to do, but I did the following:

1. Install the web interface server on my HTPC;
2. Create a small script on the server which, when called, will check if HTPC is running;
3. If not, send a WOL package;
4. When the HTPC is running, proxy the request towards the HTPC;
5. Done, but make sure that HTPC goes back to sleep after x minutes.

This works quite well here.

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2006
Home Country
YooHoo, Big Kev!

Hi guys...

Kev hasn't posted since Jan in any thread...I'm sure he wouldn't jump ship without telling his loyal fans...so perhaps something else happened? Hate to have morbid thoughts, but perhaps he lived in Victoria and was affected by the horrendous bush fires that swept through SE Australia in Feb....

A. Would love to know he's OK just for the sake of knowing.

B. If he can't continue the project, is someone else capable of taking it on? (Sadly, I haven't the talent) Are there any forensics we can do to track down Big Kev's identity/contact details so we can request sources?

Another possibility is of course expanding the scope of iPiMP to also incorporate standard web browsers...so much great work already done...iPiMP already has a fantastic remote and wicked streaming to the iPhone...perhaps we can "generalize" it. Cheezey's our man, y'all reckon?

cwolff

Portal Member
June 2, 2007
Problem with mpwebint.exe

Hello,

after deinstall the Webinterface in my Taskmanager is an Process mpwebint.exe.

Only after restarting my PC, the Process mpwebint.exe is starting now.

I look in Autostart , no entry
I look in Registry under .../Microsoft/CurrentVErsion/Run, noentry.

Who is startinmg the process mpwebint.exe ?

Regards
Christian

mXan

Portal Member
April 11, 2009
Turin
Home Country
Italy Italy
It's a service (otherwise it would not be able to work before login).
You can find the services window under "Administrative Tools", or (vista-only) in the "Services" tab in Task Manager.

cwolff

Portal Member
June 2, 2007
Hello,

my OS is Windows XP.

It's a service (otherwise it would not be able to work before login).
You can find the services window under "Administrative Tools", or (vista-only) in the "Services" tab in Task Manager.

Regards
Christian

petillan

Portal Member
February 6, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Anyone tried this in combination with a network mediaplayer for e.g. a popcorn hour ?

I 've seen "HTTP" is in the connectivity list of the popcorn hour, so normally this webserver should work with the popcorn?

Or are there other plugins for mediaplayers (like popcorn, WDtv, ...) to watch tv trough the MP-TV server + changing channels?

Would be really awesome if this excists or will come :)

Benoe

Portal Pro
December 12, 2006
Home Country
Hungary Hungary

2. Create a small script on the server which, when called, will check if HTPC is running;

Would you mind sharing that script with us? I also want to wake up my system remotely this way, but I'm not that script writer myself.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country

Hi mkoonstra,

Could you provide some more detail on this. It sounds like what I'd like to do, which is basically wake up the HTPC when I want to use the web interface. I don't follow your description. What is the server in step 2? Is it another machine that is always on and sends the WOL to the HTPC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom