Self Contained Web Server / Interface (2 Viewers)

Keldandorin

Portal Member
April 9, 2006
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Sorry for quoting myself, but am I really the only one trying to access the tv-stream from the internet?

I don't understand.
I have a dynamic ip on the server that tv-server is running on. And of course, I use DynDNS to acess this server from the internet.
But my problem is that I would like to watch the livestream of my tv-card from a number of different PC's on the Internet whose IP could be anything.
But: I have to enter an IP, domain or IPrange in the Webserverconfig and only they are allowed to acess the livestream.
So: How do I tell the Webserver that the IP-range should be the entire Internet?

I hope I made myself clear.

ThX,
Buzzd

Not sure about this but my guess is that if you just leave that settings empty it will work for you. Cant connect ot my own server atm but will check it out when possible.

//Håkan

Mithrandir

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The IP Range , domain etc are only to indicate which ranges are considered local (LAN). Everything else will be treated as internet and therefore will follow the internet transcoding settings.

More likely is that some of the ports needed are not routed by your router.

Hollde

Portal Member
March 29, 2007
I've installed the Web interface and configured the streaming application. It works fine in the guide page but I can't find the "str off" button on the "recorded page! Under HTML>Recorded the following is added as in the manual:
<table cellspacing = 1><tr><td>!!!CheckBox!!!</td>
<td nowrap align=left width="98%"><a !!!ToolTip!!! href="javascript:load('!!!RecordingId!!!')">!!!Title!!![35]</a>!!!IsStreaming!!!</td>
<td align=right>!!!WatchedImage!!!</td></tr></table>

Any suggestion what is wrong?

nicx

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
I've installed the Web interface and configured the streaming application. It works fine in the guide page but I can't find the "str off" button on the "recorded page! Under HTML>Recorded the following is added as in the manual:
<table cellspacing = 1><tr><td>!!!CheckBox!!!</td>
<td nowrap align=left width="98%"><a !!!ToolTip!!! href="javascript:load('!!!RecordingId!!!')">!!!Title!!![35]</a>!!!IsStreaming!!!</td>
<td align=right>!!!WatchedImage!!!</td></tr></table>

Any suggestion what is wrong?

same problem here :(

regards,
nicx...

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey... I got a problem with the streaming-function over the internet (LAN works great). I suppose my DSL Connection is too slow. I got DSL 2000.

The settings I now use: VideoBitrate: 50 kb/s / Scale 0.25 / Audio mp3 / 32 kbs / 1 channel

The streaming-window is black with centered text: "Video is loading". At the bottom the TV-Card's name and the programm.

Nothing more for about 20 minutes.

In my LAN it works perfectly....

Please help me!

BuzzD

Portal Pro
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    my post one page ago

Same problem here (s.a.). I guess this is because you cannot just access the stream from any IP. You have to specify what IP's are allowed. Have you tried to enter the IP you are accessing the stream from in the config ant then tried to watch the stream?

King-S

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2008
    Near Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes... I've now tried it. But this also don't work. I looked up my ip (Wie ist meine IP-Adresse?), entered the ip in the VLC-Streaming section, rebooted the mpWebInit-Server and connected to a stream. But exactly the same error...

With my settings the quality of video and audio must be as worst and small as it could be. DSL2000 should manage these small data packages. I don't believe that this is an internet connection problem (speed).

Thanks

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Hey everybody...

Has anyone had a try at getting MPWeb to work with Windows 7 and MP 1.1.0 Alpha? I have it installed along with MySQL.

I can successfully download Australian TV Guide from http://xmltv.locost7.info/Perth/OztivoPerth.zip via MPWeb, just as I used to when I was running under XP and MS SQL. All I see in the web interface though is a blank grid...the EPG grabber is failing to populate the guide somehow :(

I click on "EPG Refresh", and get a "EPG Data refreshed successfully" message, but still no data enters the guide.

I know MPWeb hasn't been updated for a while...Big Kev did get a message to me a while back that he was "back on the scene" after a personal tragedy...perhaps he's listening?

I don't really know where to begin troubleshooting...I have replicated the same setup as I had under XP...maybe it's just not going to work with Windows 7 at all...

I can populate the EPG using grabber built into TV server, but in Australia, the stations publish short descriptions for only a few days in advance...the XML guide available at the link above is much more complete...

Anyone out there had any luck?

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Big_Kev....

Just wondering if you'll be supporting the newly release VLC software?

prupert

Portal Member
    March 9, 2008
    Hi
    First off, awesome app, I have been searching for a web interface for TV Server for some time. I actually did a search on the forums for Web Interface but nothing came up. You need to promote this app more!!

I was wondering where all the log files are stored? I have just started using it and have come across a few problems (most likley my set-up). For instance, despite creating a new user via the MySQL Administration GUI (as detailed in the setup guide) I can't use it to access the TV Server database (mptvdb) via your web interface, I constantly get a user refused connection error.

I thus cheated and decied to use the root user, to test everything else works. It does, but I guess this is gonna cause problems in the long run, it did infact, since I got an "The application has encoutnered and error and must be shut down" from Windows after a few minutes of using the web interface (on the server it was running on).

Thus, I was hoping to find the logs so I could look into what is causing it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom