MP2 - V2.1 Server shutting down every few hours (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmond

Portal Pro
August 21, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.3

Description
Hi,

I have been running mediaportal 1 for years, but my pc needed some work (Motherboard failed) so i have rebuilt it with new motherboard, cpu and ram, and took the opportunity to reinstall windows and then mediaportal 2.. The PC seems stable, and windows itself isn't crashing or causing issue. Whats happening is that after a few hours of watching TV the MP-2 server.exe seems to crash out and the TV stops. It happens with just the main server/client running or when a separate client is connected. Obviously when it happens the clients drop out too, as they dont get the connection to the server.

The only thing that looks odd, is that mediaportal is busy importing my media, about 16Tb of movies, tv shows, etc and its taking AGES despite the folders being named properly and having NFO files.

The Sysytem_eventlog.csv says "
Information;"21/01/2018 02:19:49";"Application Popup";"Application popup: MP2-Server.exe - Application Error : The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x74726550.". If i restart the machine, it runs ok again for another few hours.

Im 30 hours into the PC and software build, so if i cant sort this soon, i will need to go back to MP1.

I have now turned on the extra logging, so when it happens again i can forward more detail if requested. Thanks des.

Steps to Reproduce:
As described above.

Attachments

• mp2 logs.zip
    2.2 MB

desmond

Portal Pro
August 21, 2013
Home Country
Thank you so much for getting back. I left the tv playing last night/ this morning at 5 am after changing tv channels a few times and by 11am when i checked it had stopped. Please find logs attached now with debug turned on. Thanks Des

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-01-21-13.12.24.zip
    4.5 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    and by 11am when i checked it had stopped.
    This time there is no error in the event log. Last entry in the server log is from 13:12 - time when you collected the logs. What makes you believe that the server stopped at 11am?

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    The TV had frozen and when I tried to do anything I had to go back to windows and restart. Mediaportal would not restart without the reboot. I noticed out of memory errors in some logs?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV had frozen
    Do you mean that Live TV suddenly stopped. I can't see anything in the logs. However, there is a server gap between 8:53 (end of Server.1.log) and 12:38 (start of server.log), which suggests that something happened at 8:53. And indeed, the event log shows a MP2 server crash:

Event Name: CLR20r3
    with an out of memory problem:
    P9: System.OutOfMemoryException
    [2018-01-21 08:53:34,243] [21449556] [61 ] [DEBUG] - TvDbWrapper: Exception while processing person Gillian Anderson
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    at System.Text.StringBuilder.ExpandByABlock(Int32 minBlockCharCount)
    at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append(Char* value, Int32 valueCount)
    at System.Text.StringBuilder.Append(Char[] value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 charCount)
    at System.IO.StringWriter.Write(Char[] buffer, Int32 index, Int32 count)
    at System.Xml.XmlEncodedRawTextWriter.FlushBuffer()
    at System.Xml.XmlEncodedRawTextWriter.WriteElementTextBlock(Char* pSrc, Char* pSrcEnd)
    at System.Xml.XmlEncodedRawTextWriter.WriteString(String text)
    at System.Xml.XmlEncodedRawTextWriterIndent.WriteString(String text)
    at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteString(String text)
    at System.Xml.Linq.ElementWriter.WriteElement(XElement e)
    at System.Xml.Linq.XElement.WriteTo(XmlWriter writer)
    at System.Xml.Linq.XNode.GetXmlString(SaveOptions o)
    at System.Xml.Linq.XNode.ToString()
    at MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.Xml.TvdbXmlWriter.CreateSeriesContent(TvdbSeries series)
    at MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.Xml.TvdbXmlWriter.WriteSeriesContent(TvdbSeries series, String path)
    at MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.Cache.XmlCacheProvider.SaveToCache(TvdbSeries series)
    at MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Libraries.TvdbLib.TvdbHandler.GetSeries(Int32 seriesId, TvdbLanguage language, Boolean loadEpisodes, Boolean loadActors, Boolean loadBanners, Boolean useZip)
    at MediaPortal.Extensions.OnlineLibraries.Wrappers.TvDbWrapper.UpdateFromOnlineSeriesPerson(SeriesInfo seriesInfo, PersonInfo person, TvdbLanguage language, Boolean cacheOnly)

I can't say anything about the why though. You aren't running the software in a VM with limited memory, are you?

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Just to clarify, i talked to my wife who actually saw what happened not me. She tells me that mediaportal was on the home screen this morning, and would not respond to the key presses that allow you into the TV or video section. It would scroll about the screen ok. So the client seemed fine, but not the server? She restarted windows and it was working again. As i say i left it playing tv at 5 am. When it freezes, the MP2 server crashes and the clients cant connect. I have the main client which is on the server PC and 2 others.

I am running windows 7 "in the metal", no VM etc. The machine has 16GB of ram, though i have 8GB setup as a ram drive for time shifting, and 1 GB for graphics. Surely 7GB is plenty for windows/mediaportal?

By the way mediaportal is STILL importing my tv shows and movies. Its got 1100 out of about 1550 movies now and only about half my TV shows approx 48 hours into the import. Is this normal? A symptom of the problem? Thanks so much for looking at this for me!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By the way mediaportal is STILL importing my tv shows and movies.
    I'd think that as long as the import is not completely finished you'll continue to see problems (although I never had these myself, however, running on WIndows 10).

Its got 1100 out of about 1550 movies now and only about half my TV shows approx 48 hours into the import. Is this normal?
    It depends what you've defined to download and what sources you left activated. Keep in mind that each movie will be searched (possibly in various online databases), fanart then downloaded for it, and further information (e.g. actors, director, etc.) also downloaded and stored. All this takes time, although that much appears long. It will eventually come to an end.

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Perhaps not relevant, but, Microsoft tells me by way of a screen with a warning that my new Kaby Lake CPU is not supported in windows 7. The general feedback from the net seems to be that this is just a tactic MS are using to push users to windows 10. Probably not related?

desmond

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Ok so you think that the import may be part of the problem?

As for windows 10, do you think its worth the upgrade?? Will i need a new install of MP2? Are TV cards generally supported with win 7 drivers, in 10, or can you end up without support for some cards?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom