Set up for Australian users (2 Viewers)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Steve, you may also need to update your "6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml" file according to the instructions here to accomodate the recent (early September) change to the OzTiVo xmltv format.......

If you are still unsuccessful, attach your WebEPG.log file to this post - that may give us a clue...

MikeL

Portal Member
    August 23, 2005
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Aussie EPG Woes

I am having enormous trouble trying to configure my WebEPG setup to grab channels for the Gold Coast region of Queensland. I believe that I have followed the wiki, and also all of the instructions appearing in this thread, but without any hint of success, and am feeiling that I have now run out of options without input from others.

This is what I have done so far -

1. Registered at OzTiVo site, configured channels and toggled to XMLTV format. Confirmed via the web interface that the guide data I would expect is generated.

2. Run WebEPG-conf.exe and then edited the reusltant file WebEPG.xml to become -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <profile>
    <section name="AuthSites">
    <entry name="Count">1</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="Auth1">
    <entry name="Site">minnie.tuhs.org</entry>
    <entry name="Login">MyUserName</entry>
    <entry name="Password">MyPassword</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="General">
    <entry name="MaxDays">7</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="ChannelMap">
    <entry name="Count">9</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="1">
    <entry name="ChannelID">10-qld-metro@ten.com.au</entry>
    <entry name="DisplayName">10 Digital</entry>
    <entry name="Grabber1">AU\5-au_tv_yahoo_com.xml</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="2">
    <entry name="ChannelID">7-qld-metro@seven.com.au</entry>
    <entry name="DisplayName">Seven-Qld</entry>
    <entry name="Grabber1">AU\6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="3">
    <entry name="ChannelID">9-qld-metro@ninemsn.com.au</entry>
    <entry name="DisplayName">9 Digital</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="4">
    <entry name="ChannelID">abc-qld@abc.net.au</entry>
    <entry name="DisplayName">ABC Digital</entry>
    <entry name="Grabber1">AU\4-www_abc_net_au.xml</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="5">
    <entry name="ChannelID">abc2@abc.net.au</entry>
    <entry name="DisplayName">ABC2</entry>
    <entry name="Grabber1">AU\4-www_abc_net_au.xml</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="6">
    <entry name="ChannelID">sbs@sbs.com.au</entry>
    <entry name="DisplayName">SBS Digital</entry>
    <entry name="Grabber1">AU\1-www_sbs_com_au.xml</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="7">
    <entry name="ChannelID">sbs2@sbs.com.au</entry>
    <entry name="DisplayName">SBS News</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="8">
    <entry name="ChannelID">sc-gc@ten.com.au</entry>
    <entry name="DisplayName">SC10-GC</entry>
    <entry name="Grabber1">AU\5-au_tv_yahoo_com.xml</entry>
    </section>
    <section name="9">
    <entry name="ChannelID">prime-gc@seven.com.au</entry>
    <entry name="DisplayName">Prime-GC</entry>
    </section>
    </profile>

3. Replaced the contents of the 6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml file with those that Taipan suggested in his 2006-10-16, 12:11 response #11 in this thread.

4. Then when I run WebEPG.exe it generates a TVGuide-writing.xml file containing -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">
    <tv generator-info-name="WebEPG">
    <channel id="10-qld-metro@ten.com.au">
    <display-name>10 Digital</display-name>
    </channel>
    <channel id="7-qld-metro@seven.com.au">
    <display-name>Seven-Qld</display-name>
    </channel>
    <channel id="9-qld-metro@ninemsn.com.au">
    <display-name>9 Digital</display-name>
    </channel>
    <channel id="abc-qld@abc.net.au">
    <display-name>ABC Digital</display-name>
    </channel>
    <channel id="abc2@abc.net.au">
    <display-name>ABC2</display-name>
    </channel>
    <channel id="sbs@sbs.com.au">
    <display-name>SBS Digital</display-name>
    </channel>
    <channel id="sbs2@sbs.com.au">
    <display-name>SBS News</display-name>
    </channel>
    <channel id="sc-gc@ten.com.au">
    <display-name>SC10-GC</display-name>
    </channel>
    <channel id="prime-gc@seven.com.au">
    <display-name>Prime-GC</display-name>
    </channel>

which fails to grow beyoing a few KB in size and does not seem to go any further or overwrite the previous TVGuide.xml file as suggested that it should in the wiki.

I have confirmed and reconfirmed my password and user ID, and confirmed that I have internet connectivity at the time of running.

5. Compounding my confusion I have just re-executed WebEPG.exe (without making any further changes) and achieved a different result. The resultant file is attached (after renaming to a text file to enable attachment), and would appear to contain some of the data that I am after, but obviously only the smallest fraction of it.

I am really lost here........Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Mike,

If you are using ver 0.2.1.0 or 0.2.2.0 of MediaPortal, you don't have to include the minnie.tuhs.org login username/password anymore - WebEPG now reads from a mirror site that is much faster and doesn't require authentication.

I suggest you delete (or rename) your WebEPG.xml and start afresh.

MikeL

Portal Member
    August 23, 2005
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Some improvement

Thanks Taipan. I've done as you said and it's taken me alot closer to where I need to be, but I am still not quite there yet. The TVGuide.xml file (attached as text) looks much closer to what I would expect it to be, however it won't load properly into MP.

When I "import the Guide data" MP loads exactly 700 records and then generates an error message which is only partially visble under Blue2 4:3 skin saying "Loading new TVGuide, TVGuide import failed, Invalid XML file input:string was not in a corre" with the remainder of the message not visible due to the boundaries of the dialog box.

I'm guessing it must be an XML formatting issue. Does the attached text file containing the contents of my freshly generated TVGuide.xml offer any clues to your wiser eyes? Any more helpful pointers?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Mike,

I notice that you are pulling your TV guide data from several different sites (TiVo, ABC, SBS, Yahoo ...)? Could you change your setup to just pull all the data for all channels from 6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml - this may help to isolate the issue? And maybe just try for a single day's data.

When you view the EPG in MediaPortal after the import has completed, what data is missing? Is it a particular channel, or from a particular date/time?

This may not be relevant, but does the file "xmltv.dtd" exist in your xmltv directory?

Also, have a look at the WebEPG.log file - that might have a clue to the cause of the error?

MikeL

Portal Member
    August 23, 2005
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Inconsistent timezones during WebEPG grab

Thanks for the pointers Taipan. I have the guide importing OK now, but had to delete and rebuild TVDatabaseV21.db3 to get the data to import properly. I decided to try this after reading another post elsewhere on the forum (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=13973). Don't really understand why, but this did the trick.

I've reduced my sources as you suggested to now just ABC and OzTiVo. Now I'm down hopefully to one last prob relating to timezone. I have my timezone under XP set to Brisbane. However I am located at the Gold Coast in South East Queensland ~100 km south of Brisbane. The Gold Coast is quite close to the border shared by Queensland (which does not have daylight savings time) and NSW (which is currently in daylight savings time). Consequently I can receive both the metro and regional versions of channels 7 (Prime GC), 9 (NBN), and 10 (Southern Cross 10). All the metro versions appear in the TVGuide at the right times, but each of the regional stations incorrectly appear an hour earlier in the guide.

Curiously, if I manually log into OzTiVo and look at the guide data, all is aligned perfectly with absolutely no discrepency between the regional and corresponding metro channels??? Does this therefore have something to do with the grabber pulling from the mirror site without logins, user IDs etc instead?

The metro/regional programming is mostly similar but does differ slightly with localised versions of the news and weekend late afternoon local programs etc, some of which I would like to use MP to record. All the timezone adjustment opportunities I am aware of under MP or WebEPG will globally affect all of the channels. Are there other methods perhaps?

Taipan, are you (or anyone else out there) able to point me towards an elegant method of corecting this discrepency? Thanks in advance.

Mike

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Taipan, are you able to point me towards an elegant method of corecting this discrepency?

Sorry Mike, I don't have any experience with adjusting for time-zones, so any suggestions I have would just be guesses ...

Have you tried selecting the option in MP Setup (Television -> TV Guide) that uses the timezone information from the xmltv file?

MikeL

Portal Member
    August 23, 2005
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Daylight savings time issues

Yes I have tried that, and flushed the EPG database to be sure, but the relative differences remain.

Thanks anyway Taipan. Much of what you suggested earlier greatly improved my position.

I also tried grabbing the regional channels using the yahoo grabber 5-au_tv_yahoo_com.xml, rather than 6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml within EPG, but could not get the yahoo grabber to work.

Does anyone else have any good ideas for me to try?

Thanks, Mike

Luc

November 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,

I've been having similar problems setting up my EPG and was hoping I could get some help. I've tried most of what's been suggested in this thread, but I've gone backwards! I hope you can follow what I'm about to describe, 'cause even I'm confused as to where I am now :)

I was originally running v0.2.0.0 and tried the 6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml with added user log-in details.

I then upgraded to v0.2.2.0. and tried the modified 6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml as listed earlier in the thread.

I don't think either of these grabbed any data, but I've only slowly been working out exactly what files are being created at various points of the process.

I then tried deleting the TVDatabaseV21.db3 as mentioned above and things seemed to get very screwy. I lost all my channels from my capture card, which took a bit of fiddling to get back.

After doing that though, the TVguide.xml file is no longer being created. It seems to stop being written to at some point. I notice that it contains ABC data, which MP seems to want to get from a different grabber location by default.

I've tried just grabbing the ABC data to see if I can get anything downloaded successfully, but the same thing happened - the TVguide.xml file would not be created.

If I run WebEPG-conf.exe 6-minnie_tuhs_org no longer shows up as an option.

Any suggestions as to where I should work my way back to find a good starting point would be appreciated.

I've attached some files that I hope can give someone some idea as to what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom