Set up for Australian users (1 Viewer)

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Ok I tested all the AU grabbers this morning and they are all working.

I have had a look at the TimeZone problem and sent an email request to the tuhs.org site admin about doing something different with the time zones.

The problem is this:

The times for the programs are taken from there local times and
    converted into UTC, using their local TimeZones (TZ). Then to bring them
    back to a local time you need to add the local TZ again. However, to
    bring the times into another TZ, you need to first add the Local TZ then
    the difference to the new TZ, because although the data is in UTC it is
    based on a TZ.

Example:

Ten-Qld: UTC -> QLD
    SC10-GC: UTC -> NSW -> QLD

It seems the Southern Cross GC is in the NSW TZ?

This would be much better in the local TZs:

Ten-Qld: QLD -> QLD (No change)
    SC10-GC: NSW -> QLD

So at the moment WebEPG supports one TimeZone per grabber config file. So if a simple work around would be to split the file into parts per AU TimeZone. However, that will not work for this site :( , but should work for other sites.

However, I was thinking of add TZ info for each channel in a config file, but this still doesn't help here :(

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Oztivo

Hi, just wondering if anyone else is having problems grabbing data at the moment? It was working in late December but not in January. I tried resetting everything back up, but minnie.tuhs.org isn't listed in the available sites for AU in WebEPG.conf.exe anymore.

Any help is appreciated

Mick

MikeL

Portal Member
    August 23, 2005
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Timezone interim workaround?

Thanks for looking into that James. Hopefully after your request OzTiVo will soon factor this situation into the way they handle timezones. I am sure others must experience a similar issue, particularly any users situated close to State borders with differing TZs.

It seems to me that the best interim workaround for my situation would be to draw the data for the 3 regional stations I'm using from Yahoo, and the remaining metro stations from either OzTiVo or direct from the stations' websites.

The problem for me is that after making the necessary changes to the WebEPG.xml and 5-au_tv_yahoo_com.xml files I still haven't been able to get the yahoo data to come down properly. I get "Grabber Error" and "No listings found" and "Getting sublinked data failed" comments in the WebEPG.log file as in the cutdown file attached.

It is odd that sometimes some of the stations grab fine under the same grabber but generally for only some of the days targeted. I have checked and rechecked, and I can't find a problem with the syntax etc of my addition of the 3 regional stations I added to the grabber file -

nbn-gc-metro@ninemsn.com.au
    sc-gc@ten.com.au
    prime-gc@seven.com.au

or with the layout of my WebEPG.xml.

I have attached my WebEPG.xml file and yahoo grabber file for reference.

I have been working on sorting this for several days now and tried many changes, all without success. The xml files seem to parse OK. Would be very helpful if somone more experienced with this could have a look at these files and point out anything that doesn't look right.

Thanks for any suggestions.

MikeL

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    Hi mike,

A big problem with yahoo, is they limit the number of hits per day per IP address. So To see if this is the problem try visiting the site in a browser and if you get a error message (something like 999) then your IP is blocked. This happens very quickly when grabbing the guide for a number of channels and a number of days.

/James

dogboy

Portal Member
    August 13, 2004
    Foxtel +2 channels

All

I noticed I have lost epg data for Foxtel +2 channels (like Arena+2). I noticed that the 6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml file changed durring one of the SVN updates I installed (not sure which one though).

I have tried the channel names as ARNA+2 and ARNA%2B2 with no result. All seems ok in WebEPG-conf.exe.

Anyone else have this issue?

thanks

Dogboy

BigBuddha

Portal Pro
    August 28, 2005
    Hi Dogboy,

I am setting up WebEPG for the first time and have noticed the same problem. None of the +2 Foxtel channels are being downloaded.

BigBuddha

James

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2005
    Switzerland
    I've just been testing this problem with +2 channels.

It works on the main site (with login):

http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/xmlguide.pl?station=W+2

but not on the mirror site (without login):

http://xml.oztivo.net/cgi-bin/xmlguide.pl?station=W+2

So a work around for the time being would be to get these (or all) channels from the main site. That just means changing the URL in the config file and including the login information in your WebEPG.xml file.

dogboy

Portal Member
    August 13, 2004
    Foxtel + 2 Channels

James

I'm using minnie.tuhs.org and the data coming out of it seems fine (Try http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/xmlguide.pl requires password).

It seems that MP is having trouble with the "+" character. I have tried with the encoded default %2B and with "+2" characters in 6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml without any success. It definitely used to work.

Anyone got this working?

Anyone care enough to fill out a bug report?

Dogboy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom