Settings configuration inside MP (2 Viewers)

bond007

Portal Member
August 30, 2011
Sorry, I havent read through all of this thread to see if my suggestions are in there (would be good to have a list at the start).
My want is to have control over the TV channel scanning, grouping, order etc. My prefered location for this would be in the full screen guide, allowing you to move the channels about, take them out of groups add them, create new groups, show up which channels have just been found in a scan.
This isnt one for you but an auto scan for new channels would be good in idle time, like with EPG, also if possible check the current transponder for new channels periodically.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry, I havent read through all of this thread to see if my suggestions are in there (would be good to have a list at the start).
    My want is to have control over the TV channel scanning, grouping, order etc. My prefered location for this would be in the full screen guide, allowing you to move the channels about, take them out of groups add them, create new groups, show up which channels have just been found in a scan.
    This isnt one for you but an auto scan for new channels would be good in idle time, like with EPG, also if possible check the current transponder for new channels periodically.

This thread is related to MP settings only, and has nothing to do with TV tuning and channel management, sorry.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Deda, after Video - Gui setting ...
    on GUI setting -> Video folder : Shared folder are not ever display. (tested on 2 PC)
    it's resolved when restart configuration.exe , i think is after an update ...

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi All,
    the job is great and a very very big thanks goes to all developer, but in my opinion should be considered the possibility to structure the section a little bit in a more simple way for the end user.
    Actually when you press in main settings menù, for example, the button "General", you will have a screen with another menù and each button of it opens another screen; Why not avoid these "cascade screens" so that each button in the submenu "General" once selected displays related options&settings in the same screen on the right, like, for example, in XBMC?
    To explain better what I mean (excuse me for my bad English), I attach 2 screenshots (only for reference to better explain my little suggestion, so please... don't consider the poor appearance ;) ).
    I want to emphasize that this post is in no way a criticism vs the great job done by developers, but only a (very very) small proposal for a possible improvement.

Hope all is clear (excuse me again for my bad English)

Cheers

Settings1.jpg Settings2.jpg

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You explained it very well imo Marduk65 and I felt the same as I was skinning those screens. IIUC the issue is that control ids are linked to each window and often overlap/conflict, instead of using skin properties or unique ids. I agree the GUI Settings are a major accomplishment and hats off to Deda, but your idea would offer much great flexibility for skin design imo.

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Or you can hide and show needed button in event handlers. But ofc it is more painful :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey guys,

has anyone picked up that the 'Settings Pin-Locked' is a togglebutton rather than a checkbutton? I suspect this slipped by when converting all other controls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom