Show Recently added movies to Home Page (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I like the way it shows 4 of the dvd covers, hopefully you will also be able to support this for both moving pics and tv series databases.

Just done some work on that, not 4 covers but for TvSeries you have the option to display a summary using fanart against posters and the fanrt will switch every 7 secs or so between the 3 entries - see attached screen shot.

Will be in the next release.

Cheers

Attachments

• 10-59-21.jpg
    10-59-21.jpg
    239.2 KB
  • editor.jpg
    editor.jpg
    109.3 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    looks good.

why is there alternating between bold and normal.

can i suggest
    expand the width of the box to match the width of the weather box
    have rounded corners to match the corner shape of the weather box
    have a drop shadow to match the weather box

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    looks good.

can i suggest

I thought the alternating normal/bold fonts look good...I agree with your other points.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    maybe bc i'm confused ;) , it is the last 3 episodes, yet there are 6 entries?

EDIT: Ahh i get it, series name in normal type, and episode title in bold. got confused bc "the big bang" is also the title of a tv series, and I expected the tv series name to be in bold and the episode to be in normal font.

Personally I think the following would be more intuitive,

EUREKA
    1X4 FOUNDER'S DAY
    DOCTOR WHO (2005)
    5X13 THE BIG BANG
    DOCTOR WHO (2005)
    5X12 THE PANDORA OPENS

Just my suggestion, I'm not in charge and appreciate all the work done by trevor, ltfearme and others...

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    looks good.

can i suggest

I thought the alternating normal/bold fonts look good...I agree with your other points.

Not completely convinced but then again I am not to fond of the current weatherbox either.....

Attachments

• 11-41-44.jpg
      11-41-44.jpg
      155.3 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    im not overly fond of the weather box either, however i think the matching boxes is an improvement over the last screenshot.
    the spacing could be better at the top. and if i was in charge i would have the series name in bold, and have the #X# bit in front of the episode.

eg.
    ex-cnr.jpg

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, will I be able to select "TV Shows" in the main menu, then press left on my remote to access that list, or is it just an eye candy "preview" window without select/"go to" capabilities? In that case, wouldn't a ticker of some sort be more functional, especially on a busy TV week with lots of new episodes? Also, would it be possible to use the episode stills, or is that limited to the TV-Series plugin only/not available on Basic Home?

Emph

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    im not overly fond of the weather box either, however i think the matching boxes is an improvement over the last screenshot.
    the spacing could be better at the top. and if i was in charge i would have the series name in bold, and have the #X# bit in front of the episode.

eg.
    ex-cnr.jpg

Did you mean to mod that image?

Spaceing - between the items or box ?

This was a stright copy from the redux skin Skin Showcase: MediaStream Redux | XBMC as few requests for this look.

Would prefer SxxExx format as well, may be add some options to the editor to allow user configuration...

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    So, will I be able to select "TV Shows" in the main menu, then press left on my remote to access that list, or is it just an eye candy "preview" window without select/"go to" capabilities? In that case, wouldn't a ticker of some sort be more functional, especially on a busy TV week with lots of new episodes? Also, would it be possible to use the episode stills, or is that limited to the TV-Series plugin only/not available on Basic Home?

Emph

Eye candy only, technically possible to make it selectable and keep the menu and backdrop displayed but the design of the basichome means you would need a large amount of controls, num of menu items x 10 + controls for the actual selection. This would really start to slow basichome and is same reason that that the ability to right arrow to music/video overlay has been removed (keyb X and remote Red button do the same trick).

InfoService, which supplies this info, currently only provides Poster and Fanart though this is supplied by TVSeries, maybe could provide a still against Fanart, will check with damien. Might be worth a feature request on the InfoService fourm.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom