Shutdown Timer Plugin (1 Viewer)

xclocked

Portal Pro
August 8, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Does anyone know if there's a shutdown timer plugin? It would be really handy because i hate having to push a bunch of buttons on my remote to shutdown, i would like it to shutdown automatically while i sleep :).

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    xclocked said:
    Does anyone know if there's a shutdown timer plugin? It would be really handy because i hate having to push a bunch of buttons on my remote to shutdown, i would like it to shutdown automatically while i sleep :).

The myalarm plugin has a sleep timer which can shut down the computer after it expires. The Powersheduler plugin can also shutdown the computer after an inactivity time.

xclocked

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    devo said:
    xclocked said:

The myalarm plugin has a sleep timer which can shut down the computer after it expires. The Powersheduler plugin can also shutdown the computer after an inactivity time.

That's too much work, I'd like to just be able to push a button on my remote which will keep adding an extra set of minutes to the shutdown timers just like with most TV's.

Zby

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    xClocked,

Now I have a beter understanding of your request, this specific is not available today, but have a look @ PVR-Scheduler, you will be able to program such timed-shutdown.

This should be placed in the "feature request" section, to have besides the "record now/alert me when starts" a "shutdown when finished" function may be???

Only my 2 €uroCents, Zby-)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    xclocked said:
    devo said:
    xclocked said:

That's too much work, I'd like to just be able to push a button on my remote which will keep adding an extra set of minutes to the shutdown timers just like with most TV's.

The sleep timer functionality already exists so perhaps what we need to do is make a global action key to enable the sleep timer and add 10 minutes to the counter each time the key is pressed.

Another idea would be to have a key bound to display the time remaining on the sleep timer.

I don't think another plugin is necessary for this.

Users who are viewing this thread