Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gioie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Thanks guys, i'll have a look this weekend when i've finished this other patch. I'll post instructions on how to dump the transponder as soon as I can. The only problem is it may be quite large as i'll probably need at least 30 seconds worth (preferably a minute if possible). It could be 150mb-200mb - will this be ok for you to upload?

It's quite easy to use a Dropbox folder, it can contain 2 Giga (for free). Just need an email to send the sharing, even a temporary one will do if privacy is a concern :p

If Sky (ITA or UK) had changed the algorithm used for the EPG grabbing, then I would have expected to hear about it on the satellite forums (I owned a DM8000 before I built my HTPC) - many use a plugin called CrossEPG which uses a similar or the same method to grab the EPG data..

I've not heard anything so far, so fingers crossed it is something more simple...

Hopefully, however something must have happened, if we both started having issues around the last day of the year...

I thought I may had upgraded to version 1.1.2, but probably I didn't and have the same problem that Gianni is having. Not sure what version of MP you are using, Gianni.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If Sky (ITA or UK) had changed the algorithm used for the EPG grabbing, then I would have expected to hear about it on the satellite forums (I owned a DM8000 before I built my HTPC) - many use a plugin called CrossEPG which uses a similar or the same method to grab the EPG data..

I've not heard anything so far, so fingers crossed it is something more simple...

Hopefully. They actually haven't really changed the decoding algorithm, it's an extension of what is already there (but hasn't been used yet - that's why I didn't bother implementing it)

There are 3 huffman tables that can be used for the EPG (AFAIK). One is hard wired in the box's firmware and the other 2 are broadcast on the satellite transponder. Each EPG item has an id stating which table should be used to decode it. Up until now (it seems) Sky have only ever referenced the hard wired table.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Thanks guys, i'll have a look this weekend when i've finished this other patch. I'll post instructions on how to dump the transponder as soon as I can. The only problem is it may be quite large as i'll probably need at least 30 seconds worth (preferably a minute if possible). It could be 150mb-200mb - will this be ok for you to upload?

Had a look at PID 85

Nothing resembling a huffman table on these which is worrying.

What is interesting is Pid 84
    I haven't looked on 13 east yet but there is nothing being transmitted on 28e on this PID but it is active on the transponder. This could be the huffman table. I will take a look on 13e this weekend.

If an italian user can download ProgDVB and install it.

Tune to the Alice channel and select --> Service --> PID Recorder

Click Transport Stream (selected pids)

Enter this value

84;

Click Start and wait 15 seconds.

Then if you can upload the file to the internet I could take a look sooner.

Thanks

The file is normally saved to

HD:\\Program Files\ProgDVB\Record

g.sigalotti

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok Tomorrow i'll try to' install progdvb and post You the result. I hope to have time to do this.
    Thanks

Gianni

gioie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007

Had a look at PID 85

I haven't looked on 13 east yet but there is nothing being transmitted on 28e on this PID but it is active on the transponder. This could be the huffman table. I will take a look on 13e this weekend.

Enter this value

84;

Thanks

Installed Progdvb and tried recording the PID, however it starts, but when I stop it after 15 seconds Progdvb crashes and the file has zero bytes. Any suggestion?

However if I record the whole stream ProgDVB crashes again at the end, but I get a file (75 MB). Let me know if you want this and how/where I can upload it.

Thanks.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

Had a look at PID 85

Enter this value

84;

Thanks

Installed Progdvb and tried recording the PID, however it starts, but when I stop it after 15 seconds Progdvb crashes and the file has zero bytes. Any suggestion?

However if I record the whole stream ProgDVB crashes again at the end, but I get a file (75 MB). Let me know if you want this and how/where I can upload it.

Thanks.

Use MegaUpload and that file will do.

gioie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Had a look at PID 85

Enter this value

84;

Thanks

Thanks.

Use MegaUpload and that file will do.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I know it might be a little behind the times (with DJBlu's open scanner), but I'm still running the 1.2A installer version of this enhancement.

But it seems each time I reboot my HTPC I get the following error:

2011-01-07 04:03:28.373295 [DVB EPG timer(12)]: Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Requested Service not found

Server stack trace:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at TvControl.IController.IsRecording(User& user)
    at TvService.EpgCard.IsCardIdle(Int32 cardId)
    at TvService.EpgCard.GrabEpgForChannel(Channel channel, IChannel tuning, Card card)
    at TvService.EpgCard.GrabEpg()
    at TvService.EpgGrabber.GrabEpgOnCard(EpgCard epgCard)
    at TvService.EpgGrabber._epgTimer_Elapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

I have extracted a section out of my TV log, when the HTPC automatically wakes up at 4am (from standby), performs a reboot, and then goes back to standby after 10 minutes.

It might be a "timing" issue on first startup?

On a second note, I came down stairs woke my HTPC from standby, and the MePo client had reported it lost connection to the Server (single seat - static IP). The TV service had died. Nothing was captured in the error.log, but the following was posted in the TV.log:

2011-01-07 10:20:35.987869 [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread(3)]: RemoteControl - Disconnected st : at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.InvokeEvents()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.RefreshRemotingConnectionStatus()
    at TvControl.RemoteControl.get_Instance()
    at TvControl.TvServer.<IsAnyCardRecording>b__4()
    at TvControl.WaitFor`1.Run(Func`1 function)
    at TvControl.TvServer.IsAnyCardRecording()
    at TvPlugin.TVHome.HeartBeatTransmitter()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    2011-01-07 10:20:36.603897 [(12)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.TimeoutExpired(Object commandObject)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)
    2011-01-07 10:20:36.607897 [(4)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.TimeoutExpired(Object commandObject)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

Before I go and grab all my logs/config and post here, does anyone else have these issues?

Thanks,

J.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Hi Jay,

Yes I have exactly the same errors every time tvservice starts. I'm not sure what causes it but i'd be surprised if it's anything to do with the Sky add on. I need to install a clean 1.2.0 alpha version to check.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Thanks for replying so soon :D

At least I know its not just me. I'll quickly install the vanilla MP1.2 build too and see if I still have errors.

Any idea about the second error above (system.nullreferenceexception)? :(

J.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom