Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Just woke the system (from standby) only to find the TV service had died again :(

Same error as before I think:

2011-01-09 16:38:24.092173 [(12)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.TimeoutExpired(Object commandObject)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

J.

grandalf

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Excuse me if I am missing something here, but from reading this thread I think I understand the following to be true, please correct me if I am wrong.

I am using V1.1.2 with the 2008 MSSQL database, I have 4 DVB-T tuners on Emely Moor UK and 2 DVB-S on 28.2 for Sky and Freesat. I wondered if any of your code had been implemented in this version as it appears to grab most epg data from DVB-S as a standard install without your svn, there are a few exceptions like Travel Channel, but otherwise ok.

Am I correct that your 1.1.1 installer on page one will just upgrade TSwriter to fill in missing channels with background audio etc, and not intall the epg plugin.

Again I am assuming that that the plugin only works with V1.2.0 and that the 1.2.0 intaller on page one should be run first, followed by the plugin installer and dll file.

This is my interpretation anyway, could you confirm if I have properly grasped it.

Many thanks

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Base MePo includes functionality/support for Freesat/Freeview EPG DVB information (just nothing specific for Sky EPG) - Hence you can grab EPG for some channels (although I could be wrong) ;)

There are two versions of update on the first page:

1.2Alpha installers - this has Sky EPG functionality built into the Mepo code (hence no plugin) - but has limited functionality in relation to channel updates/numbering.

Open Scanner - this has some Sky EPG functionality built into the MePo code, but the scanning part has been moved to a plugin. - this has more funtionality than the above version.

I hope what I've put above is correct!

J.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Miroslav22 & DJBlu,

Just curious, are you looking to maintain both "versions" of your solution? Or will the Open Scanner solution be the only maintained version going forward?

Just wondered as patches/SVNs are released/progressed what will happen. At the moment I am tied to the release that you guys do (binary release), and its not fair on you guys keeping everything upto date with any/all binaries.

I tried to merge the alpha installer patch to the latest SVN, but it won't merge (will need to manually look into this - although I'm not a developer) :(

Thanks,

J.

grandalf

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Looks like I may have misunderstood this somewhat, I had the idea that they had to be used in conjunction. Ran the 1.1.1 installers last night and got back my missing channels epg. As a bonus mepo no longer locks up if you try to tune a channel with no epg, at least so far. Well done chaps, most appreciative. Also very useful from a previous post is the tip of using scrambled channels on sky just to get epg data for same name DVB-T channels, should make data update quicker and more reliable, although not tried it yet. Only down side to all of this is the fact you cannot upgrade with newer versions of mepo without a complete reinstall, probably worth it though, easier to manage than an online epg souce. I know lots of work have gone into this, and I for one am very grateful.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Folks,
    This is a bit of a long shot but... Does anyone have any idea how to get epg data for the BBC red button video streams? In particular the stream which shows up as 301 on freeview. This data is available via the freeview epg, but if I grab that then I have problems with other channels (the freeview epg overwrites my sky/freesat data). The reason I ask is that the formula one practice sessions are shown on this channel and I like to be able to record it...

Thanks

Andy

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hi Folks,
    This is a bit of a long shot but... Does anyone have any idea how to get epg data for the BBC red button video streams? In particular the stream which shows up as 301 on freeview. This data is available via the freeview epg, but if I grab that then I have problems with other channels (the freeview epg overwrites my sky/freesat data). The reason I ask is that the formula one practice sessions are shown on this channel and I like to be able to record it...

Thanks

Andy
    http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat
    gives a list of channels available from Radio Times
    http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/2040.dat
    should be Freeview red button data.

Use XMLTVGUI or some other xmltv grabber and only use xmltv for that channel

g.sigalotti

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Oh no! The day might have finally come that Sky start using the dynamic over the air tables :( Looking at the log it may just be a very small percentage of shows using this new table, so as a temporary fix we could probably ignore those. It could however just be a red herring and there's a bug somewhere in the code.

If this is confirmed I might need someone to provide a complete dump of the transponder for me (if anyone's willing to do that let me know).

@DJBlu - Are you able to confirm this? If so do you have any documentation of the format of the huffman tables broadcast on (I think) pid 0x85?

I can take a complete dump of the trasponder if You need. Tell me How can i do this and i'll do when You want.
    Thanks

Hi people.. some news on this problems? Have you got any new on SKY Italy grabbing problem? Some patches on mi 1.1.1 version?
    Thanks

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Thanks for the radiotimes pointer. Yes I'd also come across that, though I think it only lists sports events not all 301 content (but for me it is probably enough). I was hoping to find an alternative to the radiotimes data as it was rather unreliable last year (I used to use it for all of my epg data). Still it will probably be fine for this. Pity the data isn't available via freesat or sky...

Thanks again

Andy

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Oh no! The day might have finally come that Sky start using the dynamic over the air tables :( Looking at the log it may just be a very small percentage of shows using this new table, so as a temporary fix we could probably ignore those. It could however just be a red herring and there's a bug somewhere in the code.

If this is confirmed I might need someone to provide a complete dump of the transponder for me (if anyone's willing to do that let me know).

@DJBlu - Are you able to confirm this? If so do you have any documentation of the format of the huffman tables broadcast on (I think) pid 0x85?

I can take a complete dump of the trasponder if You need. Tell me How can i do this and i'll do when You want.
    Thanks

Hi people.. some news on this problems? Have you got any new on SKY Italy grabbing problem? Some patches on mi 1.1.1 version?
    Thanks

Hi,

Really sorry i've just not had time so far - I promise I will as soon as I can. I know it's frustrating so thanks for your patience :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom