Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.sigalotti

Portal Member
May 19, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
trevor: considering that your files work with sky Uk, that is also working for me, I'd like to give priority to the testing of Sky Italy, that I am instead missing. I intend anyway to test your files on another server during these days.

djblu: I reinstalled last night two of my servers with MP 1.1 and your Epg. This morning I saw that although after a while Tv Server crashed, I was able to get EPG data from Alice. Stability aside, could it be that I created the problem when I upgraded from MP 1.1.1 to 1.1.2? Is MP version 1.1.2 compatible with your plugin?

About opentv scanner, please let me know if it can work with Sky Italy and what version of MP I need to use, I'd like very much to test and possibly use this plugin.

Thanks again.

It could be, the best way to install is to download the 1.2.0 Alpha and install the update with the files from the first page. The TV server has crashed a few times on me and I too have "That" filter installed to see my channels.

Can you check the signal strength at the time of the EPG grab as there is a known issue of the TV Server crashing when the signal is low.

Hi, i have the same problem of gioie when i use EPG grabber with sky italy.. i've installed MP 1.1.1 patched with the installer for version 1.1.1 and all worked fine for a lot of time since 31th december... in this last days however tvserver crashes every time i try to activate EPG grabbing.. I've tested signal level of Alice and it's good as ever. The strange thing is that all worked fine for days and i haven't installed nothing new before 31 december.. so i think it can be something in the data transmitted from Alice... can i help you posting the error log of my tvserver?
I really love this plugin and i'm very sad it isn't working at moment... plz tell me how can i contribute.
Thanks again

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
trevor: considering that your files work with sky Uk, that is also working for me, I'd like to give priority to the testing of Sky Italy, that I am instead missing. I intend anyway to test your files on another server during these days.

djblu: I reinstalled last night two of my servers with MP 1.1 and your Epg. This morning I saw that although after a while Tv Server crashed, I was able to get EPG data from Alice. Stability aside, could it be that I created the problem when I upgraded from MP 1.1.1 to 1.1.2? Is MP version 1.1.2 compatible with your plugin?

About opentv scanner, please let me know if it can work with Sky Italy and what version of MP I need to use, I'd like very much to test and possibly use this plugin.

Thanks again.

It could be, the best way to install is to download the 1.2.0 Alpha and install the update with the files from the first page. The TV server has crashed a few times on me and I too have "That" filter installed to see my channels.

Can you check the signal strength at the time of the EPG grab as there is a known issue of the TV Server crashing when the signal is low.

Hi, i have the same problem of gioie when i use EPG grabber with sky italy.. i've installed MP 1.1.1 patched with the installer for version 1.1.1 and all worked fine for a lot of time since 31th december... in this last days however tvserver crashes every time i try to activate EPG grabbing.. I've tested signal level of Alice and it's good as ever. The strange thing is that all worked fine for days and i haven't installed nothing new before 31 december.. so i think it can be something in the data transmitted from Alice... can i help you posting the error log of my tvserver?
I really love this plugin and i'm very sad it isn't working at moment... plz tell me how can i contribute.
Thanks again

I think I have an idea as to what may be causing the problem.

Please upload your log files as its extremely difficult to help without them also.

Many Thanks.

gioie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Djblu, can I share a Dropbox folder with you in order to upload the log files?

I continued my testings but the problem is always there. I tried on a Win7 64 server, on a Win7 32 server and on an Xp server: after a while when tryng to update the Epg the Tv servers starts using up a lot of memory, around 900K, and after that the system becomes irresponsive, it si needed to reboot (possibly a few times) the Pc in order to be able to start again the Tv Server correctly.

With Sky Uk EPG from the radio channel everything works fine, on the same servers.

Let me know what logs you need and how I can send them.

Thanks.

g.sigalotti

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks again

I think I have an idea as to what may be causing the problem.

Please upload your log files as its extremely difficult to help without them also.

Many Thanks.
    Hi, today i've tryied again to start EPG scanner and i've picked up log files. I think the problem is related to the row:
    "06-01-2011 10:43:07.606 CSkyManager::DecodeHuffmanData() - Title requires dynamic huffman table to decode. This is not yet implemented"
    The problem is easy to reproduce.. every time i acrtvate epg grabber after few secconds TVServers crashes with logs similar to that i've posted. If you need some support ifor testing 'm ready to help you.

Thanks

Gianni

Attachments

• SKY EPG Grab error.zip
      5.2 KB

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Oh no! The day might have finally come that Sky start using the dynamic over the air tables :( Looking at the log it may just be a very small percentage of shows using this new table, so as a temporary fix we could probably ignore those. It could however just be a red herring and there's a bug somewhere in the code.

If this is confirmed I might need someone to provide a complete dump of the transponder for me (if anyone's willing to do that let me know).

DJBlu - Are you able to confirm this? If so do you have any documentation of the format of the huffman tables broadcast on (I think) pid 0x85?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Not looked into it at all.

I am sure if I analyse the Pid then it should be simple unless the data is compressed or encrypted.

gioie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2007
    Looking at the log it may just be a very small percentage of shows using this new table, so as a temporary fix we could probably ignore those. It could however just be a red herring and there's a bug somewhere in the code.

I believe you are correct, because especially at night I was able to update mostly all the channels, therefore if you exclude those shows we may have a temporary solution.

If this is confirmed I might need someone to provide a complete dump of the transponder for me (if anyone's willing to do that let me know).

I'd like to help, if it's not too complicated let me know how this should be done

Thanks.

g.sigalotti

Portal Member
    May 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Oh no! The day might have finally come that Sky start using the dynamic over the air tables :( Looking at the log it may just be a very small percentage of shows using this new table, so as a temporary fix we could probably ignore those. It could however just be a red herring and there's a bug somewhere in the code.

@DJBlu - Are you able to confirm this? If so do you have any documentation of the format of the huffman tables broadcast on (I think) pid 0x85?

I can take a complete dump of the trasponder if You need. Tell me How can i do this and i'll do when You want.
    Thanks

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Thanks guys, i'll have a look this weekend when i've finished this other patch. I'll post instructions on how to dump the transponder as soon as I can. The only problem is it may be quite large as i'll probably need at least 30 seconds worth (preferably a minute if possible). It could be 150mb-200mb - will this be ok for you to upload?

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    If Sky (ITA or UK) had changed the algorithm used for the EPG grabbing, then I would have expected to hear about it on the satellite forums (I owned a DM8000 before I built my HTPC) - many use a plugin called CrossEPG which uses a similar or the same method to grab the EPG data..

I've not heard anything so far, so fingers crossed it is something more simple...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom