Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigbeat

Portal Member
May 15, 2007
I have just done a complete re-install of windows XP, and made sure everything is on drive C. Used all the latest files, and I'm afraid it's a no-go for me too.

Same errors as before.

I have reverted back to the old version for now. I know it is hard, dont, worry - its great what you have done so far - people can wait for perfection. Just take your time. Also, do you have a paypal donate thing? I think this is well worth some money.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have just done a complete re-install of windows XP, and made sure everything is on drive C. Used all the latest files, and I'm afraid it's a no-go for me too.

Same errors as before.

I have reverted back to the old version for now. I know it is hard, dont, worry - its great what you have done so far - people can wait for perfection. Just take your time. Also, do you have a paypal donate thing? I think this is well worth some money.

Send your donations to MediaPortal m8, I just do it for fun! :D

I started writing this for my own personal use. If other people can use it then thats great thats why I appreciate your input. I'll get there in the end like you say it will take time.

I am having an early night tonight so I won't be uploading any new material.

I will be starting a new thread though will all the files in one place.

Have you tried the new Sky UK Grabber with the Old TVserver files and Custom Grabber?

chrissnow

Portal Pro
January 21, 2011
Nottingham
Home Country
using
ISO-8859-1__Sky UK Channel and EPG Grabberv_1.2.0.5.zip
and
ISO-8859-1__Setup-TvEngine-svn-1.1.6.27839_working.rar

I seem to have a working system!

I do however have the < 100 channels bug if any channels are being watched while grabbing.
I've attached logs when working and also when watching a channel so hopefully this will help out.

Thanks for the hard work.

Attachments

• while idle.zip
    15.8 KB
  • while watching.zip
    4 KB

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
using
and

I do however have the < 100 channels bug if any channels are being watched while grabbing.
I've attached logs when working and also when watching a channel so hopefully this will help out.

The reason for the <100 is due to the time critical data when watching a channel. All other data seems to be ignored. I will look into it, I personally haven't looked at grabbing whilst watching as I do a scan at 3 in the morning. I will look into it and see if I can improve it.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
using
and

The reason for the <100 is due to the time critical data when watching a channel. All other data seems to be ignored. I will look into it, I personally haven't looked at grabbing whilst watching as I do a scan at 3 in the morning. I will look into it and see if I can improve it.

It seems to be the TSWriter that is at fault here, I'm thinking the data writes are too frequent. I am working with a SSD drive so I'll switch to my 5400rpm and see if I can replicate the problem.

edit: I have been able to replicate the problem also, I now have the same error as others. On my way to sort it!

chrissnow

Portal Pro
January 21, 2011
Nottingham
Home Country
Glad to hear you have managed to replicate the bug youself, It's always difficult to fix something if you cant see it not working!.

I guess with any project like this every hardware configuration is slightly yet vastly different!

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
Glad to hear you have managed to replicate the bug youself, It's always difficult to fix something if you cant see it not working!.

I guess with any project like this every hardware configuration is slightly yet vastly different!

More to this I think I have cracked it! :D

djblu.png

Add to that, yes I have! Ding Dang do!

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country

More to this I think I have cracked it! :D

View attachment 82276

Add to that, yes I have! Ding Dang do!

Great Stuff DJBlu.

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
Confirmed Working a BIG!!!!! well done to you DJBlu. Its GREAT!!!! many thanks :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom