Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinEl

May 19, 2011
Home Country
Wales Wales
I have an epg.dat file downloaded from a Humax FreeSat-HDR. It's around 4.7MB. Looking at it with a hex editor, it seems it might be the raw freesat epg data which is transmitted as a stream. It looks like it might be various date/time/channel fields along with Huffman encoded strings. Is there any way this can be run through a/the mediaportal epg parser to make it intelligible, or is there some documentation (or code struct) I can look at to see if I can interpret the data?
Sorry that this is a bit off thread (or even off forum), but MediaPortal seems to have already managed to decode the freesat epg and I'm looking to pick peoples' brains and avoid re-inventing the wheel.
:D

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have an epg.dat file downloaded from a Humax FreeSat-HDR. It's around 4.7MB. Looking at it with a hex editor, it seems it might be the raw freesat epg data which is transmitted as a stream. It looks like it might be various date/time/channel fields along with Huffman encoded strings. Is there any way this can be run through a/the mediaportal epg parser to make it intelligible, or is there some documentation (or code struct) I can look at to see if I can interpret the data?
Sorry that this is a bit off thread (or even off forum), but MediaPortal seems to have already managed to decode the freesat epg and I'm looking to pick peoples' brains and avoid re-inventing the wheel.
:D

It's already added m8,

If you download the SVN, look at the TSWriter all the information you need is in there.

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
hi DJBlu i found this while surfing a link to a ts file from foxtel aus it looks like it was taken in 2008 so not sure if its any good to you but heres the link anyway.

2008_7_28_22_36_16.TS

cheers

edit i also have a dish on 13e so will test the sky IT plugin when i get home on monday.

sorry wrong thread i'll post in the new one to

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
Re: Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements. Right Approach?

Hi,

I have tried to install what I thought was the latest version on a spare machine with a single DVB-S card (UK location)
Only finds about a 100 channels, but this is ok as it contains all we watch
Sky + Freesat scan gives error as try to delete a sky epg channel that I cannot find.
Rather strangely has still picked up a full epg, so all seems ok.

Now I would like to carry out the procedure on the main server that has two DVB-S and 3 DVB-T.
Don't need sky italy so not using. What do I do with custom grabber patch file in the post?

I intend to do the following I think is correct

Remove existing installation including database and directories
Install MediaPortal 1.2.0 beta(TVClient and Server) on the machine that will host the database.
Install both SVN Updates. Dont run or stop TV service if running
Copy the Custom Data Grabber.dll to the TVServer root directory
Copy the Sky UK Grabber.dll to the TV Server plugin directory along with the freesat dll

Run setup TV server
Setup cards for correct satellite and local DVB-T along with priority
Scan both Sat and Terrestrial the edit lineup etc to personal requirements
Link similar channels on Sat/Terrestrial and finish rest of TVserver setup
Assuming DVB-T will pick up its own EPG as normal
Then run Sky and Freesat Grabbers to get the Sat listings.

Is this the correct approach, or have I mis-understood the instructions. Any input much appreciated.

Also one final point, if installing a client I am presuming I need to run the appropriate SVN as well.

Thanks to everyone for previous replies.

KevL

Portal Pro
March 3, 2005
Cambridge, UK
Home Country
Hi

I would like to install the Sky EPG grabber on my MP1.1.3 installation.

I have had the previous versions running on previous versions of MP but I dont know which version I should run for 1.1.3.

Can some one point me at the required files? The various threads re this and the later data grabber with plugins seem to be designed for MP1.2 beta and as the threads are so long it is not at all obvious which versions are needed and even where the files reside.

K

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi KevL,

I also use MP1.1.3 and use the EPG Grabber on the first post of this thread which is under the bold heading of Version 1.0 and dated Feb 2011. This works fine for me.

HTH,

M.

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    many thanks.

I downloaded the files indicated. Files seem to be a full installation of TVserver and MP app???? They also appear to be SVN copies of 1.1.2. These files will make my 1.1.3 installation be non upgradable by the next MP version.

This epg app used to be a simple matter of replacing a few files in the MP directory. Does it reall need a full backward reinstallation???

K

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom