Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just testing 1.2.0b again and using your epg grabber as DJBlu's isn't 100% yet and I have done a channel scan and noticed that for some reason, your scanner isn't picking up data on Sky News and also it doesn't find the Freesat Info channel. All of this is from a fresh install. Any ideas??

Edit : Data for Sky News has now appeared (found I had missed a tick box) but after 2 channel scans the Freesat Info channel is still not showing up.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Just testing 1.2.0b again and using your epg grabber as DJBlu's isn't 100% yet and I have done a channel scan and noticed that for some reason, your scanner isn't picking up data on Sky News and also it doesn't find the Freesat Info channel. All of this is from a fresh install. Any ideas??

Edit : Data for Sky News has now appeared (found I had missed a tick box) but after 2 channel scans the Freesat Info channel is still not showing up.

It won't 1.20b filters it from the scan. You'll have to add it manually.

ITV4+1 data is freesat only as it was removed from the sky EPG to make way for ITV1 HD.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country

ITV4+1 data is freesat only as it was removed from the sky EPG to make way for ITV1 HD.

Why does 1.2.0b filter it out??

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country

I believe it identifies it as a data stream based on its service ID so filters it out of the scan. Presumably as without this plugin you wouldn't be able to watch or read the data with TV service. There's a thread about it in the 1.2.0b bug report section.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It was only picked up previously as a radio channel purely by chance (for some reason TV Server detects it as having an audio stream). It was not intentionally removed, and we hope to get it automatically picked up again in 1.2.0rc.

mishmash

Portal Member
    April 30, 2007

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    miroslav:

Is this plugin still in developement for 1.2.0? Are the going to be any new changes soon like channel scanning etc as DJBlu seems to be having issues with his plugin and so far, yours works perfectly.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Possible addition

Haven't installed this yet, only recently installed the 1.2 beta, but DID use DJBlu's excellent TSWriter replacement before.

I was going to do something along the following lines and THEN read the first post which says this does 'Series Link'. (I know that ForTheRecord does the following but don't really want competing TV schedulers.)

It would be nice if I could enter the name of a program that ISN'T currently on and an optional channel list (say Doctor Who, BBC1) and the list could be maintained until such time as it turns up.

My thoughts were a window plugin/config to enter names and channel(s), then a process plugin that looks through the database and sets a recording for any that it finds.

I realise that there is the possibility of recording conflicts, but that is always possible (even with normal recordings).

Since you already do the series link this wouldn't seem to be much to implement, (Yes, I know, famous last words. Easy if I'm not doing the work.)

It's the sort of thing my much missed TiVo did.

(But I've been MP for three years now - is there a support group for this. Something like MP Anonymous?)

It's a shame that Sky are such a pain, it would be nice to be able to go back to having a satellite card directly getting the Sky channels. It would be one less box (actually two I use a SCART -> S-Video converter).

Oh well, at least it stops me bothering getting their HD service - no point as I'm encoding analogue. So £10 a month better off thanks to MP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom